Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 201 to 220 of 576

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

201. Posted:

Vehemont wrote:

ocarinaoftime wrote:

Church starts in 28 mins and im not thru updating what do i do...

I would say turn off the auto power down feature and let it continue to download while you are out.

From what I understand, the auto turnoff feature doesn't work if you are updating or downloading games :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

202. Posted:

All this talk about target is worrying me about my pre order... I have the card, but I won't be there for another hour (And even then I'll wait at sears to try nabbing a deluxe)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

jenisnape

203. Posted:

EB Games had us waiting outside for 50 mins in the cold with the security guard telling us they were running late...only to be told that the midnight launch got cancelled. Froze my butt off for nothing. So I'll never pre-order with EB Games again....Guess Best Buy or Future shop will get my money. Going to finally get my WiiU in about an hour...

Nintendo Network ID: jenisnape

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

204. Posted:

Am I the only big Nintendo guy here who doesn't care about the Wii U? D:

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

205. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Nope.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

206. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Nope.

This is a paradox. How can you be a big fan and not be excited about the next big thing? :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

207. Posted:

15 minutes left... Gonna wait in line at sears and rush to the electronics section and hope to nab a deluxe when it opens. If not, I'll go to target and do the basic set preorder I made instead.

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

208. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm excited, but less so than I've been for past launches. Not being able to play VC games on the GamePad took a lot of wind out of my sails.

Plus, it looks like they're setting us up to buy a game all over again to get an optimized Wii U version. So, you could conceivably buy a game three times. One for Wii, 3DS, and Wii U (plus, old games would count as "new releases" and we'd be less likely to see anything not yet available... like what's going on with 3DS VC NES releases). I hope it's like PlayStation Store PS One purchases, that you can have on PS3 AND PSP. However, at first glance, Nintendo is taking the Microsoft Money Grab approach (which completely turned me off on everything XBox). I hope I'm wrong. I guess time will tell.

At any rate, going after mine in a few hours here. Can't wait for NSMBU. Just got my million coins in NSMB2 yesterday, and body is officially ready!

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

209. Posted:

Almost done updating, and the people at Gamestop gave me the countdown clock :)

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

210. Posted:

Quick question for anyone who has one: does the disc slot still glow? I always liked that about the original Wii and I am hoping they kept it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Magi

211. Posted:

Just got home with mine!
Untitled

Now time to start migrating stuff from my Wii and updating.

Edit: Toys R Us has a buy 1 Wii U game at regular price and get a second for 40% off deal. I got my (much closer) Target to price match it. I picked up Mario Bros and Epic Mickey 2 but I might bring Epic Mickey back. I haven't opened it yet and I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. I'll trade it for either Rayman or Scribblenauts. I haven't really decided yet. I've got ZombieU coming from NewEgg but I haven't received any delivery notifications or anything yet and I want it NAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

212. Posted:

Ecto-1 wrote:

Quick question for anyone who has one: does the disc slot still glow? I always liked that about the original Wii and I am hoping they kept it.

I've never seen it or anyone mention it at all since the original announcement...its most likely gone. Would've been nice if they brought it back and have it turn on whenever the system was turned on instead. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

jenisnape

213. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

When it was first announced I didn't care much. But after talking with friends I got excited and looked into it more. I'm pretty excited now and can't wait for the update to finish!

Nintendo Network ID: jenisnape

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

214. Posted:

Didn't realise Skylanders Giants was a launch title very happy man

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

215. Posted:

Has anyone else preordered from GameStop online? They haven't charged me or anything for the Wii U yet...just wondering if I'm still getting mine this week. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

216. Posted:

I JUST GOT A DELUXE!

I went into sears right before it opened, and found I was the second in a line of 4. The guy ahead was a adult nintendo fan, the guy behind was a birthday man (Also adult), and the woman behind him was a granny wanting to get a black set for her christmas kids.

It started out as a mini riot at first as the guy at the counter thought we were asking for a non-existent system, and after having to argue with him (All of us, even my grandma!) for 5 minutes, the guy in front of me pulled out a ad that showed the Wii U and it's date, and THEN they went back and got some wii Us.

Problem? Only two of them. I was second in line and got one, and was so happy! But the birthday guy behind me wanted one too... So I gave him my basic set target preorder card as a B-day gift from me even though we never met. The granny at the end just simply went to target and picked one up, she had a white preorder card as well.

So all in all, I'm very happy, can't wait to start playing Nintendo land!:D

AuthorMessage

Vehemont

217. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Has anyone else preordered from GameStop online? They haven't charged me or anything for the Wii U yet...just wondering if I'm still getting mine this week. >.>

I did and got an email Friday with shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Did you get a confirmation email when you put in the order?

Edited on by Vehemont

Vehemont

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

218. Posted:

Vehemont wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I did and got an email Friday with shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Did you get a confirmation email when you put in the order?

Yeah, when I preordered, but that's about it.
Checked my orders page and its listed as "Open"... :/

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

mattatron

219. Posted:

Anybody here encounter the video output problems? My power light blinks blue and I get no video or audio output

3DS FC: 4940-5666-3487. Games: KIU, code of princess
NNID: Mattatron

AuthorMessage

Emaan

220. Posted:

About to go pick up mine! :D

MY BODY IS READY

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰