Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 221 to 240 of 576

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

221. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Vehemont wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Has anyone else preordered from GameStop online? They haven't charged me or anything for the Wii U yet...just wondering if I'm still getting mine this week. >.>

I did and got an email Friday with shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Did you get a confirmation email when you put in the order?

Yeah, when I preordered, but that's about it.

I think it depends on when you put your preorder in. My friend who preordered it from GS the moment preorders begun will be getting his tomorrow (since there is no delivery on Sundays), while my other friend who put in his preorder about a month later still has yet to have his order processed. So more than likely its shipped out according to availability.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CliffordB

222. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Am I the only big Nintendo guy here who doesn't care about the Wii U? D:

Nope! I'm with you 100% the simple reason is (at the moment) nothing about the Wii U really jumps out and excites me, the launch line-up is very poor IMO, I'm no fan boy at all, I'm lucky enough to own all three current gen systems, here lies the trouble I think anyone who already owns a PS3 or Xbox 360 will already have played most of the Wii U line-up with the odd exception or two, NSMBU is the only game I have any slight interest in at launch.

I really do hope the Wii U does well though, and "IF" some decent exclusive games start coming out over the next year or so then I'll take a closer look and maybe start to have another think about the Wii U, but for now I'll stick with the Wii for all my Nintendo goodness.

CliffordB

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

223. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Vehemont wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Has anyone else preordered from GameStop online? They haven't charged me or anything for the Wii U yet...just wondering if I'm still getting mine this week. >.>

I did and got an email Friday with shipping confirmation and a tracking number. Did you get a confirmation email when you put in the order?

I think it depends on when you put your preorder in. My friend who preordered it from GS the moment preorders begun will be getting his tomorrow (since there is no delivery on Sundays), while my other friend who put in his preorder about a month later still has yet to have his order processed. So more than likely its shipped out according to availability.

I preordered the moment the date was announced...I hope I still get it this week. I think part of it was that I had an issue with the bank account when they processed it a week ago. Kinda figured that stuff wouldn't happen until now, but they said the issue was taken care of and all that...sooo, I dunno. T.T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

224. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Vehemont wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I preordered the moment the date was announced...I hope I still get it this week. I think part of it was that I had an issue with the bank account when they processed it a week ago. Kinda figured that stuff wouldn't happen until now, but they said the issue was taken care of and all that...sooo, I dunno. T.T

That might be it than. If you didnt have the money available for whatever reason when they went to pull it they may have passed you up than. By now if you are getting it GS should have done the following.

1. Pull the money
2. Sent you an email that it has been shipped along with a tracking number

If you didnt receive that email saying that it was shipped than it probably wasnt shipped and I would call or email Gamestop.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

225. Posted:

...Figures...they told me after the issue was resolved that my order would go through normally. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

226. Posted:

@Erica_Hartmann: Best bet than is contact GS. Although you might have to wait till tomorrow to do so.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

227. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Am I the only big Nintendo guy here who doesn't care about the Wii U? D:

I'm with you man. For the first time ever I'm just not exactly 'that' excited for a new Nintendo Console., It's because the innovation behind the Wii U just seems a bit underwhelming. I expected something amazing considering how revolutionary and innovative the wii was with it's motions controls and to top it off it was the birth of the virtual console that got all of us retroGoober heads foaming at the mouth. :p I was extremely hyped beyond belief for the wii and the hype train that surrounded it was massive! For the first time it changed the way we played games on a home console and when motion controls are done right they're bloody brilliant.

The Wii U? Well, I'm sure it will be great but it all just feels like a luke warm half way mark in next gen innovation. mine should be here any day now, but i'm just feeling 'Meh-whatever' about it. There are little things like reusing the Wii brand name, not to mention the design of the console is too simular to the wii and overall on the safe side. It just doesn't scream unique like every other nintendo console beforehand. Bah! I need to stop the Scrooge McDuck attitude,
because deep down i know that when it arrives, along with my 60" Panasonic HDTV i'll jumping up and down like a 5 year old on christmas morning haha. :D NSMB.U looks amazing....and on my future 60" HDTV it's going to be mega epic indeed'

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

srhades

228. Posted:

http://therantcorners.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/reaction-wii-u...

A new ebsite is ranting about the Wii U launch. I voted already.

Puni Power
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753
Formerly NintyKing or NintenKingiiU.
"Does that make me Crazy?"

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

229. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Erica_Hartmann: Best bet than is contact GS. Although you might have to wait till tomorrow to do so.

Nah they're open 7 days a week. (to call anyway), I emailed them first, since I hate talking on the phone. xD
But will end up calling if I don't hear from them today, ugh, I do hope I get this thing this week.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

230. Posted:

So how's the VC? Or is this the wrong place to discuss that?

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

231. Posted:

Mine isn't done updating, but there is no VC service for Wii U yet. But you can go to the wii shop channel and get those VC games!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

232. Posted:

well not that it matters but my neo geo king of fighters 94 is going to be useless lol :P it wont display in 480i or p when i use the component cables dont know if its because im not using the original cables that came with the wii or because im using an hdtv i should give that a try just to be sure either way i got it on the collection disc for wii so no bigger

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

233. Posted:

I LOVE MY SMALL TOWN! I was the only one today who bought a deluxe model from my Wal-mart! They still have a shelf full of Wii Us!! :D :D :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

234. Posted:

Very cool comparison video
what guys think i'd say the wii u has it

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/jxkcvl/batman--arkham-city...

only really noticable with the cat women bit the wii u looks more glossy

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

235. Posted:

yup it did had to do with my component cables after all

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

Hokori

236. Posted:

Well I was able to transfer everything, but the data was erased.. I thought it wasn't going to be like the DSi-3DS save data... Am I missing something?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

237. Posted:

First impressions: I adore everything about it

nuff said

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

238. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Well I was able to transfer everything, but the data was erased.. I thought it wasn't going to be like the DSi-3DS save data... Am I missing something?

im currently getting the stuff from the sd card into the wiiu now with that pikmin stuff going on regarding what transfered over pretty much everything and anything that couldnt be like brawl * i think* is erased or not?* as i saw nothing left on my wii except netflix n some stuff i forgot lol :P

so yeah you can put your wii to rest now

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

239. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Do game data like Smash and Mario Kart make it? If not, I'm not going to bother with the transfer

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Hokori

240. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

im currently getting the stuff from the sd card into the wiiu now with that pikmin stuff going on regarding what transfered over pretty much everything and anything that couldnt be like brawl * i think* is erased or not?* as i saw nothing left on my wii except netflix n some stuff i forgot lol :P

so yeah you can put your wii to rest now

No I mean I had to start all over on my games that transfered to WiiU just like I had to start over on all my DSiware once it hit 3DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }