Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 996

DefHalan

@flexdawolf27 Fatal Frame may not go on sale

Lone Survivor (I think that is what it is called) might be an option

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rk3388

Bought the Zelda Twilight Princess HD Bundle with amiibo after hearing of the amiibo functionality with Breath Of The Wild.

In the past, I tried playing TP about 4 different times, but always lost interest by the fourth temple. For some reason, I'm enjoying this playthrough 8-10 years later much more. I'm only at the 3rd temple to be fair, but I think the gamepad menu and clearer graphics made all the difference for me.

rk3388

Flexbro27

Everybody should take advantage of Oddworld: New and Tasty being half off up until september 1st (9.99 instead of 19.99)

Flexbro27

Nintendo Network ID: Flexbro27

Flexbro27

@rk3388 I never really got into the Zelda games but TP looks pretty good on the Wii U.

Flexbro27

rk3388

@flexdawolf27 I'm sure you've heard it many times before, but I would highly recommend any of the main series Zelda games! Now's a better time more than ever with Wind Waker being on the Nintendo Selects line

rk3388

Flexbro27

@rk3388 Yeah I'll make sure to get it real soon! Right now im enjoying Oddworld and its just a fun game haha! I'm glad they remade it.

Flexbro27

rk3388

Does anyone have opinions on Hyrule Warriors? Is it worth getting for a Zelda fan? I'm also wondering how expensive all the DLC would be because I hate having incomplete games :/

rk3388

chiefeagle02

I found a brand new copy of Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, complete with the Isabelle and Digby amiibo, for $20 today. Think I should take the plunge? We already have K.K. Slider, Cyrus, and Reese and a handful of the cards.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

Ufaowl

Hello, everyone! I wonder, if I play Yoshi Wooly World, will it be less exciting for me to play Epic Yarn after? Or should I first play Kirby and only then Yoshi to keep my feel of wonder high? And also will it not damage my experience when i decide to play Wario Shake it! ?

Edited on by Ufaowl

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Spoony_Tech

@Ufaowl I don't think it will spoil anything. Both are very different games even though they have yarn as their art style. Both stand on their own very well and are worth playing.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ufaowl

@Spoony_Tech Thank you, kind sir! Will equally enjoy both then)

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

Rexcalibr

I need a recordation for a new game. All I play is Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. I don't play Splatoon or Mario Maker anymore. Is there any deep RPG games or single player games? I don't like Twilight Princess. Never tried a Xenoblade game or a Bayonetta game. Also curious about Monster Hunter but I don't know if I'd be able to get into it.

Rexcalibr

SKTTR

@Rexcalibr: Xenoblade X and Monster Hunter Ultimate are among the biggest and deepest RPGs ever.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mass Effect 3 are apparently very good RPGs as well.

If you want more classic style (but still want 30 hours of gameplay) try Squids Odyssey, UnEpic, Asdivine Hearts, Citizens of Earth, and maybe Alphadia Genesis and Pier Solar.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

LegendOfPokemon

@Rexcalibr Lego City Undercover, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Wind Waker are all great single-player games with a decent length, and just $20 each as well! You might find some good games on the Virtual Console if you're interested; Earthbound is sounds like it might be in your interest, and there are tons of other games that you should check out as well.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Naisho

Hello, I have some leftover money, and want to buy some new games for my Wii U, but Im not sure which ones should I choose.

I have only these 3 options:
1. Super Mario Maker + one game from option 3
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U only
3. Any 3 games from these: Arkham City, Black Ops 2, Injustice, Assassins Creed 3, Mass Effect 3,
Darksiders 2, Walking Dead, Lego City Undercover, Watch Dogs

For the games I currently own, check my profile...

And I actually have some requirements. Regarding my small library of games, I would like to buy more than one... Thats why Im more inclined to option 1 and even more to option 3. I would also be happy to see some awesome graphic on my Wii U, and play the game which can be defined as most epic from the listed ones and possible open world.

edit: Thank you @Octane for redirecting me, previous thread deleted.

Edited on by Naisho

Nintendo Network ID: Naisho26

gcunit

@Naisho SmashU is amazing, but I'd personally err in favour of Option 1 & 3 because Smash is too much of a party game.

I have all of your Option 3 games bar Walking Dead, but have only actually so far played a couple, so I would say Mario Maker, Lego City Undercover, Darksiders 2 (and get 1 when it comes out in a few weeks/months) and then whatever takes your fancy most. I personally really enjoyed Watch_Dogs, but it's an open-world game like Lego City Undercover (though obviously different in style).

I wouldn't suggest you play Mass Effect 3 until you've played 1 and 2, but I'm no expert on the series.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Darknyht

@Naisho Out of the ones listed in Option 3, I would recommend Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3 (although 4 is better if you don't have it), and either Black Ops 2 or Mass Effect 3.

You don't really need to play Mass Effect 1&2 as the comic intro does an okay job of filling in the important details, and despite it being a rough ending the game itself is enjoyable. As for the others: Watch_Dogs was okay, but had no soul. Darksiders 2 was alright for a Zelda on Rails. Lego City Undercover is one of the best Lego games, but the load times kill you (and no OFF-TV play). Injustice is fun, but personally I prefer Street Fighter controls over the MK/Injustice ones.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

Grandpa_Pixel

Hey guys,

With the Wii U on its last legs, I only have the following retail games left to pick up. (Runbow, Shantae, Breath of the Wild, Art Academy, Game & Wario and Yooka-Laylee)

Fortunately, Art Academy, Game & Wario, and BotW are dead certains due to being either released already or confirmed retail and in the UK. I suspect Runbow, Shantae or Yooka-Laylee could go pear-shaped so I need some back ups.

The original plan was Sonic Lost World, Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2. However with Darksiders 1 looking less likely I have to assume no point in Darksiders 2. Can anyone help me find some other good-excellent games to add? This is what I have so far in my collection

• Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
  • Bayonetta 1 and 2
  • Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Fast Racing Neo
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Mario Party 10
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Monster Hunter 3
  • New Super Luigi U and New Super Mario Bros U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash
  • Pikmin 3
  • Pokken
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Racing Allstars Transformed
  • Splatoon
  • Star Fox Guard and Star Fox Zero
  • Steamworld Collection
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Super Smash Bros
  • The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Party U
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Yoshi's Woolly World

And thanks to the likes of Splatoon, I am more open to trying new franchises ^_^

Edited on by Grandpa_Pixel

Grandpa_Pixel

gcunit

@Grandpa_Pixel Depending on whether you own them on other systems (not that that's stopped me in one or two cases), I'd recommend adding a few 3rd party games:

• Watch_Dogs - no other game like it on the Wii U.
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Assassins Creed 3 & 4
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Batman: AC and AO.
  • FIFA 13

All of these can be had relatively cheaply, in the UK at least (and you're willing to buy used in some cases)

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic