Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 996

SuperLuigi111

Cobalt wrote:

@SuperLuigi111

From my perspective, I can give you the 50 games that you have to get on Wii U :

_The Wonderful 101
_Bayonetta 2
_Super Mario 3D World
_Xenoblade Chronicles X
_MarioKart 8
_Yoshi's Wooly World
_Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
_Super Smash Bros for WiiU
_Project Zero V
_Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
_Fast Racing Neo
_The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
_Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
_Hyrule Warriors
_Sonic Lost World
_Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
_Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE
_StarFox Zero
_Darksiders Warmaster Edition
_Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition
_Paper Mario Color Splash
_Splinter Cell Blacklist
_Resident Evil Revelations
_Deus Ex Human Revolution
_The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD
_Lego City Undercover
_Devil's Third
_Need For Speed Most Wanted U
_Zombi U
_Mass Effect 3 Special Edition
_The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker HD
_Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
_Mario VS Donkey Kong Tipping Stars
_Warrior Orochi 3 Hyper
_Splatoon
_Game & Wario
_Rodea the Sky Soldier
_New Super Mario Bros U/New Super Luigi U
_Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
_Nintendo Land
_One Piece Unlimited World Red
_Darksiders 2
_Pikmin 3
_Pokken Tournament
_Art Academy Atelier
_Rayman Legends
_Sniper Elite V2
_Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games 2016
_Super Mario Maker
_Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Have fun, the Wii U is awesome !

I'm torn with whether to get Bayonetta on Wii U or Switch. I've been told by a friend that the gamepad is not utilized at all, so I may just wait until I own a Switch to get them.

SuperLuigi111

Cobalt

@SuperLuigi111

Wrong ! the gamepad is used !

Not in a way that it's absolutely essential but yeah the gamepad is used !

Cobalt

Tiefseemiez

@SuperLuigi111
I think you can control Bayonetta or at least her moves/combos via touch control which is said to work well and also make stuff easier. I didn't use that option though and was alright without it.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Cobalt

@Tiefseemiez

And the most important, you make the crafting on the gamepad !

Cobalt

Tiefseemiez

@Cobalt
There is crafting in Bayonetta?
Apparently I really didn't play enough of that game. ^^

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

SuperLuigi111

So, after getting Super Mario 3D World and spending a decent amount of time with it, I've come to find that I don't like the Gamepad much, I find it uncomfortable and too big. That means I'll be getting a Pro Controller, which means the list of games I want for the console has suddenly decreased.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

I've decided to take Xenoblade Chronicles X off my wants list. I recently tried playing Final Fantasy XV, a much higher quality game, and could barely make it an hour. I think I'm not a JRPG guy.

That leaves me with wanting: Devil's Third, Deus Ex, Legend of Kay, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, Amazing Spiderman, and Twilight Princess HD.

Arkham City Armored Edition was on there for a while, and part of me still wants it. But I already own the standard edition and would be paying for an admittedly better looking suit for Batman and some DLC. I dunno. And I can't imagine my gameplay with the gamepad being nearly as masterful in fights as it was on PS3 with the Dualshock 3.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

And as much as I really want Bayonetta and Lego City I think I should wait for the Switch versions.

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter

Untitled
Um...
Is this game have Physical release for Europe version ?
Because the box art tell itself, but i still not sure.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

I've always been on the fence with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 seems to be a choppy game, Xenoblade Chronicles "empty" but about Tokyo Mirage Sessions I don't remember hearing any bad things about it.

I will always recommend Maiden of Black Water as one of the games that best uses the GamePad but one should stand up for battling ghosts.

Banjo-

Cobalt

@Anti-Matter I confirm to you that F1 Race Stars is boxed ONLY in Japan.

I have almost the Wii U's fullset and I know what is missing to complete the entire EU collection, so no there isn't a box version in Europe.

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
I see...
Thanks for the info.
I guess i need to look again the Japanese version Wii U games library.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: XCX isn't what I'd call empty by any means (for the most part; depends on where you are and how you define "empty"). There's plenty to do and explore. Pieces of the White Whale to salvage, creatures/monsters/tyrants to fight, new areas of the map to discover, probes to plant, quests to find, materials to mine and gather, armor/Skells to upgrade and/or craft....The game will keep you busy for a very long time. I sunk a little over 100 hours into it (I finished the main story and did a lot of exploring/many quests) and was nowhere near 100%ing the game when I finally put it down.

I can't speak for the other two as I haven't played them.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Cobalt

@Tyranexx Xenoblade X is the best of the 3. The univers is outstanding, the possibilities are endless, the way MonolithSoft made the game is pure GENIUS.

I really love Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii and I just like Xenoblade 2 but I adore Xenoblade X.
I have put more than 400 hours in it and I regret even not a second. Phenomenal, this is the term that I'd use to describe this piece of art.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: I admittedly haven't played the other two but intend to at some point (at least XC2; not sure when/if I'll get to XC1...sooo many RPGs I need to play....). I normally play RPGs for the story more than anything else, but XCX was a nice change of pace by shifting the focus away a bit and encouraging the player to explore Mira and get to know its inhabitants. Many of the side quests were interesting and at times hit upon different genres and dealt with some IRL themes (such as murder and prejudice; seriously, those poor Ma-Non). The game isn't without flaws, but I'd say it's a good candidate for a Switch port/remaster in the future and is a good reason for someone to currently go out and pick up a Wii U.

I definitely don't regret the time that I've spent with the game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Banjo-

@Tyranexx I liked Xenoblade Chronicles a bit but I think the world was too big and uninteresting and the side quests ridiculously boring, The combat is chaotic although I know you have to observe the enemy and change characters and strategy, but still chaotic when a few different enemies gather around you. What are the differences between both, if you played the first game?

Banjo-

Tyranexx

@BlueOcean: Unfortunately, I haven't played the other two games just yet. Some of the side quests are admittedly kind of meh, but there are some gems to be found. For example, one quest chain (without spoiling much) dealt with how a few humans felt about an integrated society with other alien races and the extremes to which they would go to prevent that from happening. It dealt with themes like discrimination/prejudice really well. Another weird yet interesting chain gave me Back To The Future vibes.

The world of Mira is quite expansive, but with the exception of one continent that I admittedly wasn't overly fond of (though others like it, and it does have a pretty decent theme), I enjoyed exploring a lot of it. Some of the sights to be found are quite breathtaking and/or odd in a good way, and you're encouraged to explore for multiple reasons that benefit you.

Combat does take some getting used to, but after a time I adapted to it and quite enjoyed it. I wouldn't say that I ever became a complete master of it, but I managed well enough to get by. I became a lot better near the end, though I had to do some research online to become better. FWIW, Skell combat is definitely fun and in some ways changes the dynamics of combat; plus, flying is pretty fun too.

If you're still unsure, I recommend looking up some random, non-spoilery gameplay on YouTube in order to help see if the game is really for you.

SuperLuigi111

BlueOcean wrote:

I've always been on the fence with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 seems to be a choppy game, Xenoblade Chronicles "empty" but about Tokyo Mirage Sessions I don't remember hearing any bad things about it.

I will always recommend Maiden of Black Water as one of the games that best uses the GamePad but one should stand up for battling ghosts.

I too am on the fence with XCX. Luckily a friend I reconnected with recently has a Wii U and is going to let me try it next week. Maiden of Black Water was a pretty well-made game with good graphics, but damn if it didn't scare the piss out of me. Just can't take the frights!!

SuperLuigi111

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic