Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 181 to 200 of 263

Emblem

I think this threads usefulness is at an end, time to lock.

Don't worry someone else will post a simular one soon and the cycle will continue.

Emblem

SCRAPPER392

♪The circle of doooooom♪

/thread

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Please tell me how you know the future.

I keep trying to get to the future and find out who "wins" but my time machine won't go faster than 1 second per second... sorry. I will keep trying everyday until I reach the future

It's ok. There's just no reason to claim such things in advance.

I agree lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

Classes in Halo 4 killed the game and multiple game types. I can't play any game type with large maps and vehicles since everyone ruins the game by going with a Plasma pistol.

In the front of wjos going to win while it's still easy to say that this stuff isn't set in Stine chanced of the Wii U coming on top dropped when nearly every major game decided to not come to the system this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rallydefault

Cue the exit song and break out the biscuits.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

when nearly every major game decided to not come to the system this year.

Like what, exactly? The only games I can think of that aren't on Wii U, are:
BattleField 4
2K 14
FIFA
NBA Live

Unless you want to count Tomb Raider or some other 7th gen game. Even those games on the list I just typed, are cross-gen games. Wii U isn't missing out on much of anything, unless the next year brings the same results on all upcoming 3rd party games.

Just because they haven't announced games for Wii U, doesn't mean that they won't. That's what's wrong with all these claims. They're basically predictions too far in advance to hold much, if any value. In this case, Wii U missing out on tons of games this year(that supposedly matter), is basically BS.

Everyone criticised Wii U for having 7th gen games, and now people want them? On top of that Xbox One and PS4 are getting cross-gen multiplat games that don't define 8th gen, so now we're back right where we started.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

renaryuugufan92

[quote=2Sang][quote=MAB]Considering that the only game choices we had for the first year of the Wii were Twilight Princess (Gamecube port), Red Steel and Wii Sports, no WiiShop games, VC and zero network games... I would say the Wii U has been Nintendos best console launch to date

No VC games during the Wii's first year?? wait what!? The Wii had 12 VC games at launch, even tho the majority of us were most likely too busy playing Twilight Princess at the time to notice..

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

NinChocolate

For me, Nintendo is really the only developer that offers a flow of industry standard high quality games /AAA content or in other words the "must haves" that arent ESRB M rated content. I wish there was an industry of "AAA" game making outside of Nintendo for games rated (E) of even (T ). It isn't the case.

NinChocolate

shingi_70

@SCAR392

I said games announced for this year. Thus far coming out this year that isn't coming to Wii U.

Tomb Raider
Thief
Alien Isolation
Destiny
Dragon Age Inqustion
Dying Light
EA Sports UFC
The Elder Scrolls OnlineThe Evil Within
Evolve
Final Fantasy XV
Lord of The Fallen
Mad Max
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
Cubwrpunk 2077
Kingdom Hearts 3
Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
Mirrors Edge 2
The Division
The Crew
Valient Hearts the great war
Sleeping Dogs Traid Wars
Star Wars Battlefront
Strider
Trails Fusion
The Witxhwr 3 Wild Hunt
Wolfenstien the new order

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

@Shingi_70, Kingdom Hearts III won't be out until 2015 at the earliest, probably 2016.

The footage they've shown thus far has been extremely early in development, and since it's being made by the same team as FFXV, it won't release until after FFXV releases.

EDIT: I don't know if it's been announced yet, but this year, we'll probably get a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (for PS3) if anything (since we got KH 1.5 HD Remix last year).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
My mistake. I thought it was still '13... Still, the current lineup of games on Wii U, is arguably up to snuff with what most people interested in the system expect. Sonic Racing, CoD, Tekken, Deus Ex, Injustice, Nano Assault, ect, and various Nintendo 1st party titles were available to me on Wii U as fresh games, so as a launch Wii U owner, there hasn't been a lack of games. If you don't have any of the games on Wii U, they're worth mentioning.

Also, what @RR529 posted is true. You're just throwing out titles that haven't even been confirmed for this year.

It's not like these companies have confirned what is and isn't going to come out for Wii U, either. They haven't said anything, so assuming games won't show up, is just as baseless as assuming they will.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

LegatoSkyheart

WiiU is going to miss out on SO many games.
We really should be mad about this.

Not Saying WiiU doesn't have a bad current line up of games, but the future looks incredibly bleak.

LegatoSkyheart

SCRAPPER392

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

Again, I'll bring up the lack of a time machine, and there's no confirmation of that.

3rd parties haven't confirmed anything, either way. There's no point in assuming.

Qwest

LegatoSkyheart

SCAR392 wrote:

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

Again, I'll bring up the lack of a time machine, and there's no confirmation of that.

3rd parties haven't confirmed anything, either way. There's no point in assuming.

There's always a point in assuming.

Grand Theft Auto V has been announced for PC. If there was going to be a WiiU version it would have been announced already.
Tomb Raider is being optimized for PS4 and Xbox One. Was WiiU ever considered in that discussion? I guess not.
From Software has straight out said there will not be a WiiU version of Dark Souls 2 because they feel that the Audience is not good enough for Dark Souls.

Only one developer I can remember that isn't actually ruling out a WiiU version of the game are the Developers of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 which have said the only reason why there isn't a WiiU version is because of Budget and Staff. Even though they aren't ruling out a WiiU version of the game, there's a high chance the game may not even get made for the WiiU.

So for those of us who game on the WiiU and are interested in these titles we have to go and buy a system that has one of these titles on them. We really shouldn't be buying these other consoles for Multiplats that should work on the WiiU, yet we are.

LegatoSkyheart

SCRAPPER392

@LegatoSkyheart
Ya, and every game you just pointed out, that isn't coming to Wii U, is 7th gen. So what's your point?

7th gen ports/cross gen games aren't going to be around forever.

Qwest

skywake

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

There's always a point in assuming.

Grand Theft Auto V has been announced for PC. If there was going to be a WiiU version it would have been announced already.
Tomb Raider is being optimized for PS4 and Xbox One. Was WiiU ever considered in that discussion? I guess not.

Well that's fair and you'll likely end up being right about the Wii U not getting either of those. However for GTAV the PC version has not been announced yet. There was some very blurry "leaked footage" of the alleged PC version but that has since been shown to be fake as most "leaked footage" usually is. However a PC version is a very safe bet you'd think. Same with PS4 and XBOne versions. Personally I think we might end up seeing it on the Wii U, I don't think it's that out of the question. Would likely pay off given how well that title has sold plus the fact that it is still yet to land on the "yesterday's news" pile. To date it has sold as much as CoD:Ghosts, Pokemon and Animal Crossing combined, there's no reason to believe that it wouldn't do the same on the Wii U. Though whether we actually get it is another story.

Tomb Raider is different. It's already in the bargain bins if you walk into any retailer, that's just how fast the world moves for a game like that. So a remake or port has to really have something great about it if the publisher is expecting to move units. A PS4/XBOne version is something for the non-PC gaming crowd, that game did have some impressive visuals going for it especially on the PC. Even that's a bit of a stretch I would think. I don't see a Wii U version doing anything like that and Wii U owners already have new content to keep themselves interested. So it'd probably just slide under the radar. They missed their window for that one I think.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

@skywake
I would count Deus Ex as Square Enix's support, for now. Xbox One and PS4 aren't getting that port. It's all a matter of what Xbox 360 and PS3 currently have, if you ask me.

All these companies porting games are just trying to make a quick buck. 8th gen versions of Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Destiny, etc. are all basically the extra effort they put forward, after making sure a 7th gen version was available. Underneath that slightly more detailed lighting and texture, is the last gen game, so I don't get what the fuss is about.

Qwest

Mahe

What the Wii U needs are GOOD games, a lineup like the Wii had. And with games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and FAST Racing Neo coming soon, at least there are some interesting games in the near future. However, in the meantime, I'm utilizing Wii backwards compatibility and playing Wii games because there aren't any interesting Wii U games out now that I haven't played...

Mahe

64supermario

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros Wii U
X
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Watch Dogs
Zelda U (They already confirmed that they were going to show it at next E3)
Shovel Knight
90's Arcade Racer
(Please bring a Hat in Time to Wii U!)

That's a decent line up to me, I would love more AAA games to come, but what'cha gonna do. I'd probably wouldn't buy many of them, but I understand a lot of people want them

Boss Conquest and Epic Gamers on YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCr-BdNM7x84aTBodCXQNlOg Also Majora's Mask is the best game ever! Search your feelings you know it to be true!

Nintendo Network ID: 64supermario | Twitter:

Deathgaze

SCAR392 wrote:

@skywake
I would count Deus Ex as Square Enix's support, for now. Xbox One and PS4 aren't getting that port. It's all a matter of what Xbox 360 and PS3 currently have, if you ask me.

All these companies porting games are just trying to make a quick buck. 8th gen versions of Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Destiny, etc. are all basically the extra effort they put forward, after making sure a 7th gen version was available. Underneath that slightly more detailed lighting and texture, is the last gen game, so I don't get what the fuss is about.

Every platform should get multiplats, not just PS and XB. When you expect less and accepting second rate 3rd party support that is all they're going to give you.

Deathgaze

Nintendo Network ID: Deathgaze

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.