Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 161 to 180 of 263

GuSolarFlare

Dark-Luigi wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Tbh, not to be a jerk but I'm kinda tired of Wii U owners whining about not having enough games. There are games. You just have to buy them. As I said earlier, you get what you pay for and support.

Untitled

Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Titanfall and Destiny will be the big games because they're multiplayer shooters, expecting anything else is naive. Its like complaining about fighting games in the nintes or how everything in the PC space is a moba these days.

it's not as bad as fighting games in the 90s, unless you were really into Neogeo I guess. And even that eventually borderline died because of relying too much on it.

And yes I appreciate the actual effort going towards some games, but I'm sorry, the fact that the same type of popular games are the same games people are focusing on is a bad thing. The fact that there are other examples of that doesn't change anything. I mean, it's better than it was in 2011 but considering the biggest game of the past few years has been Minecraft and anything Minecraft like seems to become a huge deal, it makes less and less sense even. It's like listening to a pop rap song about HITTING THE CLUB, it's needed to kinda fade away for quite a while now, just for the sake of variety. It might be the aesthetic honestly, because Titanfall's aesthetic is the most boring way they could have made that game look, and Destiny is just Halo with new aliens. The difference is that Nintendo's problem is more reusing old ideas too much rather than being typical Nintendo in interesting ways (which is while I'll defend their sometimes questionable attempts for innovative controls on hardware, because they're at least trying).

But at the end of the day, I'm willing interested in games I want to see popular being the popular games and anything that I'm not interested in being popular I'd usually prefer not to be. Not just because of game preferences, but that obviously has a lot to do with it. I don't care about REASONS WHY THIS IS A THING OR THIS IS POPULAR. I don't care, ok? I simply don't like it, the end.

And I do mean THE GAMES of the year. More than any other games around AT ALL outside of a couple of the biggest sequels.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

I look at this gen as a repeat of 6th gen, except the PS console's position is reversed, which in turn, means Nintendo and Microsofts consoles are also reversed.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

As I said before (in some thread...I forget which. Every thread in the Wii U section is pretty much the same thing, so it's impossible to tell), shooters were the big things in the 90's, too. And the 80's. And the 70's. And the 2000's. Perhaps they aren't quite as preveland as they are now, but but shooters have always, and probably will always be extremely popular. I know you don't like it, but you're definitely gonna have to accept it before you lose all your hair in your 20's...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

I don't mind FPS or 3rdPSs. I won't buy just any of them, though. Gears of War, Dead Space(1) and RE(4/5) are the type of 3rd person shooters I like, while Halo Reach and Bioshock(1) are the type of FPS I tend to like.

It's a shame, though, because most of the series of shooter games I used to like, are now kind of junky or repetitive. Literally all the series I mentioned above, just can't really keep my attention, anymore.

Qwest

rockodoodle

Rayman Legends is a really cool game- I know it is on other systems and will be on PS4/XBone, but I think it's a game that made the Wii U purchase justified- there are some cool gamepad features. I highly recommend it.

WaveBoy wrote:

My Collection >

Wii U
NSMB.U
NIntendo Land
ZombiU
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
DuckTales Remastered
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World

The Wanting >

WiiU Ware
Little Inferno
Toki Tori 2+
DuckTales Remastered

VC
EarthBound

And i still need to get Wii Party U, The Wonderful 101 & Wii Fit U and maybe Rayman Legends.
My only real complaint is the VC....Earthbound has been the only NEW release. I can already get what's available on the Wii's VC, no need to double or tripple dip. And so what if 3rd party support is slim pickings, i wouldn't want their lame support if what they're releasing on the XBOX 1 and PS4 is any indication. Seems like Capcom and Konami, among others are losing their creativity.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

As I said before (in some thread...I forget which. Every thread in the Wii U section is pretty much the same thing, so it's impossible to tell), shooters were the big things in the 90's, too. And the 80's. And the 70's. And the 2000's. Perhaps they aren't quite as preveland as they are now, but but shooters have always, and probably will always be extremely popular. I know you don't like it, but you're definitely gonna have to accept it before you lose all your hair in your 20's...

No, it's been so much worse since Modern Warfare. It officially became ridiculous and annoying, like 10X worse than the Halo craze. Maybe because most of the major shooters stopped being...shooters that I would like...to be nice. And I do like FPS games and I hate cliched statements about gaming, so I really don't want to be THAT guy. I truly don't.

If you want to know, the comparable thing when I was a kid, as far as I can tell, were 3D platformers with silly mascot characters and while I love and miss my 3d platformers...it was overdone at the time and most of the post-N64 examples were of comparable mediocre quality. But I honestly believe the HD shooter craze is the most overdone and annoying gaming fad or whatever you want to call it. Trend?

I'm not really angry about it...was honestly more annoyed when most of the shooters looked boooring a couple of years. I'm more just like "why?" It basically feels like a trend that died 2 years ago and is being kept alive because COD is still really really popular.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

No, it's been so much worse since Modern Warfare. It officially became ridiculous and annoying, like 10X worse than the Halo craze. Maybe because most of the major shooters stopped being...shooters that I would like...to be nice. And I do like FPS games and I hate cliched statements about gaming, so I really don't want to be THAT guy. I truly don't.

If you want to know, the comparable thing when I was a kid, as far as I can tell, were 3D platformers with silly mascot characters and while I love and miss my 3d platformers...it was overdone at the time and most of the post-N64 examples were of comparable mediocre quality. But I honestly believe the HD shooter craze is the most overdone and annoying gaming fad or whatever you want to call it. Trend?

I'm not really angry about it...was honestly more annoyed when most of the shooters looked boooring a couple of years. I'm more just like "why?" It basically feels like a trend that died 2 years ago and is being kept alive because COD is still really really popular.

Part of the problem with recent FPSs is the fact they are all trying to be Call of Duty. Almost all big FPSs force you to rank up and unlock weapons before you start doing well. I am a big fan of FPSs but recently they have been losing my attention. I am interested in a FPS series that doesn't rely on the same mechanics that Call of Duty 4 had in their multiplayer. I miss FPSs that don't require me to build a custom class. What happened to everyone being on a level playing field with weapons laying on the floor?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
Gears of War and Halo still do that. Halo 4's weapon locations are even randomly placed, IIRC.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
Gears of War and Halo still do that. Halo 4's weapon locations are even randomly placed, IIRC.

But due to creating your own classes in both Gear of War 3 and Halo 4 the weapons on map are not as important. People generally stick to their classes weapons.

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

But due to creating your own classes in both Gear of War 3 and Halo 4 the weapons on map are not as important. People generally stick to their classes weapons.

Oh... Ya, you're right about them doing that in Halo 4. I'm fairly certain Gears of War 3 didn't do that, though. Judgement did, but not 3. After Halo Reach and Gears of War 3(EDIT: fixed) is when they started doing that.
I sold my Xbox 360 right before those games came out, because it was beginning to be too much of the same thing, like CoD. Oh well.

I have CoD Ghosts on Wii U(second one I ever owned). It's amazing how people played through that series every year, IMO.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

Oh... Ya, you're right about them doing that in Halo 4. I'm fairly certain Gears of War 3 didn't do that, though. Judgement did, but not 3. After Halo Reach and Gears of War 3(EDIT: fixed) that's when they started doing that.
I sold my Xbox 360 right before those games came out, because it was beginning to be too much of the same thing, like CoD. Oh well.

I have CoD Ghosts on Wii U(second one I ever owned). It's amazong how people played through that series every year, IMO.

Halo Reach had classes tied to Gametypes so people were more balanced than in Halo 4. Gears 3 let you pick Which Rifles, Shotguns, and I think pistols you started with, it may not have been called customizing a class but you could still customize your spawning weapons (Not saying Gears of War 3 wasn't fun). I didn't play Gears Judgement but from what I saw, it had custom classes and Judgement in general just didn't look fun.

EDIT: But those are more opinions about the custom class mechanics in FPSs than fact but it is the reason why so many FPSs haven't been as much fun imo.

Edited on by DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
The options they gave you in those games were available for everyone from the start, though. There was the automatic and precision rifles in both of those games. Then Gears of War had options between the faster pistol and the boltok.

I'm actually not that sure of whether it really effects the game all that much. All I know is that I was having more fun with those games before they had variances, like that, but that was mainly because Judgment and Halo 4 came out so soon after the games prior, that I stopped really paying attention.

As for Dead Space 2, they basically ruined Isaac Clark as a character. They should have changed the character after Dead Space 1, because you can't make a character basically mute, then give the character a bucket full of dialogue that doesn't match the personality of the first game.

Qwest

skywake

Howard24U wrote:

Me being disappointed with the Wii U library to-date is not a personal attack on you or anyone else who is happy with what there is - and I think a lot more people are in my boat than not. If the system offers you exactly what you want in terms of selection, then great, you can stop buying games, play what you have, and call this generation a wrap. Others are expecting more.

I didn't say it was a personal attack and I didn't say that I wasn't expecting more content. I don't think anyone saying that they're happy with the Wii U's library is seriously suggesting that they'd be happy if no more unannounced games ever came to the system.

If you want me to spell out what I mean by it having a good library exactly in detail then I'll do that. What I meant was that right now there's a fairly decent library of content to keep me interested. Right now I'm not searching the internet for the next big thing. If Nintendo came out tomorrow and said the small indie game of your dreams is out on the Wii U eShop I wouldn't bite because I have had my gaming fill for now. There are still a couple of games I haven't beaten that I'm still really into. I think personally that's enough for me before the likely release date for Mario Kart 8 before E3.

However if they pushed out another drought for a year then I wouldn't be happy anymore. I'd probably stop playing games on the system by mid year after probably grabbing something else to tide me over for a bit. Though thankfully that's not the case because we know there's going to be quite a bit. DK in February for a start. So when I say I'm not disappointed that's what I meant. I'm happy for now and I know there's stuff on the near horizon. If you're not into any of the stuff that's on the horizon and are equally not into the stuff that's out now then.... why did you buy it?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Howard24U

skywake wrote:

If you're not into any of the stuff that's on the horizon and are equally not into the stuff that's out now then.... why did you buy it?

I bought it because I was starting to become disappointed with the selection of games on my Virtual Boy.

Howard24U

2Sang

MAB wrote:

Considering that the only game choices we had for the first year of the Wii were Twilight Princess (Gamecube port), Red Steel and Wii Sports, no WiiShop games, VC and zero network games... I would say the Wii U has been Nintendos best console launch to date

Remember when the 3DS had nothing at all and was a laughing stock to the gaming industry...

Untitled

Wii U had one of the worst launches actually. I would say the N64 and Gamecube had the best launches. In fact, the gamecube had Wave Race, Pikmin, Smash Bros., and Luigi's mansion all within the first month. N64 had pilotwings and Mario 64 which by itself is an amazing launch. Wii U could still place 2nd this generation, but it's whole first year has been terrible. Luckily 2014 looks better.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@2sang
Ya, and GCN didn't sell very well, despite having a strong library(my favorite of 6th gen). Any of these consoles could get any "place". Assuming Wii U gets the 3rd party supports' 8th gen games, $300 for the console and the GamePad are going to be a hell of a deal, if you think about it.

Everybody acts like this generation started 3 months ago(Xbox One and PS4 launch), and ended a year and 3 months ago for the Wii U. How the hell does that work? Also, no, I'm not ranting. Look at 7th gen, and Wii dominated for like 4 years straight, then prices dropped and both the PS3 and Xbox 360 started catching up in sales.

All these consoles have a fair chance, so people need to stop acting like they know the future. Wii U had 4 million sales, without any support. Look at the situation, and nothing set in stone.

The only games that will never have the possibility of jumping platforms, is exclusive titles. 3rd party games aren't exclusive to 2 out of 3 consoles, no matter how you spin it.

3rd parties announced games far before the Xbox One or PS4 sold a single console. That completely throws the "sales matter" argument out the window, and it has nothing to do with hardware capabilities, either. All that leaves is compatibility, and alot of these 3rd party companies finally have their most current engines ready to work on Wii U.

...sigh...

Please tell me how you know the future.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

I keep trying to get to the future and find out who "wins" but my time machine won't go faster than 1 second per second... sorry. I will keep trying everyday until I reach the future

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I keep trying to get to the future and find out who "wins" but my time machine won't go faster than 1 second per second... sorry. I will keep trying everyday until I reach the future

It's ok. There's just no reason to claim such things in advance.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.