Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 201 to 220 of 263

LegatoSkyheart

Jowy wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@skywake
I would count Deus Ex as Square Enix's support, for now. Xbox One and PS4 aren't getting that port. It's all a matter of what Xbox 360 and PS3 currently have, if you ask me.

All these companies porting games are just trying to make a quick buck. 8th gen versions of Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Destiny, etc. are all basically the extra effort they put forward, after making sure a 7th gen version was available. Underneath that slightly more detailed lighting and texture, is the last gen game, so I don't get what the fuss is about.

Every platform should get multiplats, not just PS and XB. When you expect less and accepting second rate 3rd party support that is all they're going to give you.

exactly.
If the PS3 and Xbox 360 are still getting games, WiiU should actually be getting those same titles.
It's also sad that there won't be a Tales of Symphonia HD collection for WiiU even though Symphonia 1 & 2 appeared on Nintendo Consoles.

LegatoSkyheart

SCRAPPER392

Jowy wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@skywake
I would count Deus Ex as Square Enix's support, for now. Xbox One and PS4 aren't getting that port. It's all a matter of what Xbox 360 and PS3 currently have, if you ask me.

All these companies porting games are just trying to make a quick buck. 8th gen versions of Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Destiny, etc. are all basically the extra effort they put forward, after making sure a 7th gen version was available. Underneath that slightly more detailed lighting and texture, is the last gen game, so I don't get what the fuss is about.

Every platform should get multiplats, not just PS and XB. When you expect less and accepting second rate 3rd party support that is all they're going to give you.

That's not what I'm expecting, though. I expect alot of high quality 3rd party support. My expectations have absolutely nothing to do with what 3rd parties do, so I don't get what you mean by that.

They can't justofy putting every single game on there. How hard is that to understand? There were people complaining that AC: Liberation HD wasn't going to come out for Wii U. That game didn't sell on Vita, and probably won't sell as much as a regular AC game on Xbox 360 or PS3, either.

Again, citing my expectations as a source of distress is basically telling me that there's magic, because that doesn't have s*** to do with money or marketing strategy, so better luck next time.

EDIT: BTW, I expect 8th generation games, not 7th gen. Perhaps my expectations are higher than you thought, and you can't understand that, but you obviously didn't think about what you said, either wsy.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rallydefault

You guys literally cannot know exactly what Nintendo has coming down the pipe in terms of 3rd party support.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

EDIT: BTW, I expect 8th generation games, not 7th gen. Perhaps my expectations are higher than you thought, and you can't understand that, but you obviously didn't think about what you said, either wsy.

What is that expectation based on? What 8th gen games are you expecting?

List of announced 8th-gen-only multiplats including Wii U:

Project CARS
Soul Saga
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Hyper Light Drifter

List of announced 8th-gen-only multiplats excluding Wii U:

The Crew
Carmageddon - Reincarnation
Scivelation
Shadow Warrior
The Division
Rainbow 6 - Patriots
Witcher 3
EA Sports UFC
Elder Scrolls Online
Cyberpunk 2077
Battlefront 3
War hammer 40k - Eternal Crusade
Whore of the Orient
Evolve
Final Fantasy 15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Mirror's Edge 2

I'm not expecting any game in particular. I do expect 3rd parties to treat Wii U the same as Xbox One and PS4. That why the poster who quoted me has no clue WTF they just typed.

If anything, I'm expecting more than they are, but they're still stuck on asking for 7th gen games. Since Xbox One and PS4 have launched, I expect 3rd parties to treat all these consoles the same.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

rallydefault wrote:

You guys literally cannot know exactly what Nintendo has coming down the pipe in terms of 3rd party support.

This, which is exactly why I keep bringing up the time machine. If you don't have a tme machine, don't tell me that you know what the future holds.

I might as well go read Harry Potter and take that as some form of indication of the Wii U's future. Complete BS, to say the least. Might as well tel me that McDonald's is going out of business, because they accidentally burned your french fries, a couple years ago.

Qwest

nintendork666

I'd much rather see the Wii U get original third party games than visually watered-down PS4/XB1 ports.

nintendork666

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

This, which is exactly why I keep bringing up the time machine. If you don't have a tme machine, don't tell me that you know what the future holds.

I might as well go read Harry Potter and take that as some form of indication of the Wii U's future. Complete BS, to say the least. Might as well tel me that McDonald's is going out of business, because they accidentally burned your french fries, a couple years ago.

Oh please. You make outlandish predictions too. Enough with the smug 'time machine' line as if you are above it all, when your opinions and thoughts are consistently amongst the most mocked and ridiculed on this site.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Oh please. You make outlandish predictions too. Enough with the smug 'time machine' line as if you are above it all, when your opinions and thoughts are consistently amongst the most mocked and ridiculed on this site.

Like what, exactly? A time machine is the only explanation for knowing the future. A prediction is different than kniwing the future, and you just proved to me me that you can't comprehend the difference.

What does my opinions or thoughts being ridiculed have anything to do with this topic? Sometimes things aren't opinion. If I told you that the sky was blue, you'd probably say that's an opinion. That's how ridiculous the internet is.

Qwest

Aviator

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Oh my god I love you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Like what, exactly? A time machine is the only explanation for knowing the future. A prediction is different than kniwing the future, and you just proved to me me that you can't comprehend the difference.

What does my opinions or thoughts being ridiculed have anything to do with this topic? Sometimes things aren't opinion. If I told you that the sky was blue, you'd probably say that's an opinion. That's how ridiculous the internet is.

How about this direct quote from you, which I dug up and posted a day ago when calling you out, which you avoided responding too?

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/will_th...

SCAR392 wrote:

Really though, I can see Wii U(at least) reaching a pretty high sale total. The Wii U has enough power. The difference is whether it can keep the same appeal that Wii had to the broader market and be able to push forward in graphics with the Xbox One and PS4.
Both the Xbox 360 and Wii are perfect examples of next gen systems making the push after not doing well the gen prior. I think the Xbox One will struggle pretty badly for the first couple years, then pick up fast like we expect Wii U to do this 2nd year.
The reason I think Xbox One will struggle at first, is because Wii U will probably pick up, and some may see that as the best platform to have, support wise.

As for PS4, I see it being pretty niche. There are big releases coming out for it that many people like, but it depends on how many want Uncharted, Infamous, and Killzone again. There will be indie games, but I see PS4's indie front being super niche for some reason... That's just the impression I get.

In conclusion, I predict the Wii U and Xbox One passing that number up pretty fast, then PS4 will catch-up.
The PS3 did horrible for the first 4 years(over half the gen), and now the Vita is following in its footsteps at a higher degree. That's why I think the PS brand will have a harder time making an impression this gen.

Thats all "time machine" BS, and as it looks so far, it appears to be completely inaccurate.

Untitled

MikeLove

Metaknight_3Raw

nintendork666 wrote:

I'd much rather see the Wii U get original third party games than visually watered-down PS4/XB1 ports.

Me too but I can't see that happening unless the believe it will sell.

Metaknight_3Raw

SCRAPPER392

@JohRedCorn
Ya, and as I said, it was a prediction, not a claim. There's a difference that you're still not understanding. Also, you're assuming that I avoided replying to your "call-out". If that was true, I wouldn't be discussing this right now, and would continue to "avoid" you post.

Obviously, this is not the case.

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@JohRedCorn
Ya, and as I said, it was a prediction, not a claim. There's a difference that you're still not understanding. Also, you're assuming that I avoided replying to your "call-out". If that was true, I wouldn't be discussing this right now, and would continue to "avoid" you post.

Obviously, this is not the case.

To be honest, there is not much difference between someone saying "The Wii-U won't have as many third party games as the PS4" then you stating that "The Wii-U will outsell the PS4, and the PS4 is a niche console".

Wait....actually there is!

The first statement can be supported with evidence, as many developers have stated they won't be/have no plans to release games on the Wii-U, have already annouced games in the coming year that won't be on the Wii-U, and the lack of current third party software on the Wii-U would also indicate this to be true. So saying that the Wii-U won't have as many third party games is rooted in fact. Your statement on the other hand, that the PS4 won't sell well and is a niche system, is based on ZERO evidence, and are just the empty words of a guy who self admittedly dislikes the Playstation brand.

Therefore, you need to fix your own time machine and get one that works, so you won't make anymore terrible predictions like that one in the future.

"PS4 is niche"?

Untitled

MikeLove

skywake

At this point and given how well the PS4 has done I really, really wouldn't bet on the Wii U getting more third party support than the PS4. That's just ludicrous. However I can see it getting a great deal more third party support than the Wii did especially when it comes to multiplatforms. The Wii U has had a rough first year in terms of third party support but I don't see any reason why that would get worse rather than better over the next couple of years.

And while the evidence of devs not putting future games on the Wii U is something it's no worse than it has been for the system so far. If someone can point to a game series that did appear on the Wii U which has been confirmed not to exist in the next version then that would be something. Before then though it's just people jumping at shadows.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

@JohnRedCorn
You're still not understanding what a prediction is... I admit that my prediction was wrong. You're also not realizing that my prediction was proven wrong as soon as others' were proven right.

I have just as much right to predict as anyone else. That's where claiming the future isn't. I never said my prediction would 100% happen, but others have claimed that Wii U would 100% not sell, 1 1/2 years before it even came out.

Lastly, just because I do not like PS4 as an individual, doesn't mean that I can ignore that other people enjoy the console, but my prediction was still based on my thoughts.

You're bending my words so it seems like I'm wrong. If you consuder a prediction and a claim as the exact same thing, then ok, but that isn't what claim means in the dictionary, which is why my prediction is ok, but a claim is not. I don't get how you're not understanding the difference between those words.

EDIT: "Niche" isn't even an insult, so that's your decision on whether it is or not. I still consider PS4 as niche, IMO, but everything else you put along side that, such as whether that means a small number outcome, is anyone's guess, hence, why my prediction is justified.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

LegatoSkyheart

nintendork666 wrote:

I wouldn't like Watered Down Ports either, which is why I'd like to see Major 3rd Party games that are MADE FOR WiiU as well as PS3,360,One, and 4.

Not Ports that are gimped.

LegatoSkyheart

SCRAPPER392

At the very worst, the games Wii U gets as ports, will be like comparing an GCN version of a game to PS2. My guess is just as good as any other's, FYI.

PS fans, of all people should be able to understand that. Go compare RE4 on the GCN and PS2. That's basically what I call a worse case scenario, in this situation. GCN and Xbox having better graphics didn't stop the PS2 from being more successful, and DVD mattered more as a progressive feat back in 6th gen.

If one explosion doesn't look as real on Wii U as it does on PS4, that isn't going to hinder support. PS3 was a technically more capable machine, and it didn't even compare to Xbox 360, most of the time(Skyrim, AC, Bayonetta, etc.), so I think that specs and what they mean are being blown out of proportion.

Even if one of these machines had 20 cores, that could equal 8 cores of another. Not everything is so cut and dry as "2 is more than 1", solely on their value.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

slav

Honestly, the Wii U has enough good games to justify a purchase IMO, but not at 300 dollars. I'm being a cheap donkey, I know, but basically I'm really holding myself back from the beautiful little thing until it goes down to $250. If it were $270 I'd walk all the way from my suburb into the city to buy it and carry it back in my arms. I'd buy the Wind Waker HD bundle right now but I hate the stupid decals on the gamepad
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

slav

JetForceSetGrind

N64 days people:

Quality over quantity.

JetForceSetGrind

kkslider5552000

WhereEaglesDare wrote:

N64 days people:

Quality over quantity.

why not both (insert obvious gif here)?

There's both on 3DS. I mean...you're kinda right in this instance but still...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.