Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 301 to 320 of 345

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

301. Posted:

Wii U has more games that appeal to me regardless, so I'm not really worried about sales comparisons

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Ryno

Ryno

302. Posted:

It's obvious these PS4 and Xbone owners haven't seen DK's fur.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare

303. Posted:

go go, PS4!!! go go, WiiU!!!!
no no, fighting over which console is better!!!!!!!
oh and go go, XBone too!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

304. Posted:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
open

open

305. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

open wrote:

Does anyone expect Xbox One to sell 3 million this year?

If not then it won't even catch up to Wii U. WiiU is sitting at 2.2 million more sales than Xbox TODAY.

Titan fall will drive sales - but will it sell 2.2 million by summer? Wii U will sell with Mario Kart/ Bayonetta/ other Q1&2 games probably hitting 7 million worldwide by Q4 when X and smash release.

Estimate 8.5 million by January 2015....

"But Wii U doesn't sell well!!" Ha yeah right.

Huh? Hasn't it already been reported that the Xbox One has sold between 3-4 million already? What are you talking about?

It has sold about 3.6 million - 2.2 million less than Wii U (which is sitting at about 5.8 million). My point is that Wii U is still in the lead in terms of sales for 8th gen home consoles (rarely mentioned) and that I propose that it is at least likely to have more units in homes than XBox One over the next year (This is hardly mentioned) due to the fact of it's 2.2 million lead, and even though some of the big games are to be released on XB1 this year, yet it is the same situation for Wii U. Yet more devs want to work on XBOX 1 - You can't explain that...

People Go on so much about Wii U's crap sales that it put both developers/producers and prospective buyers off. If there wasn't so much targeted bad press on Wii U imagine the possbilities.

A bit like how every gaming (and even non gaming sites) covered the drop in Nintendo stock giving it bad press no one talked about Sony's major losses for the past few years and their stock drops.
AND
Where was all the press for Wii U hitting 5 million?* You will argue that the press is talking about the speed the PS4 reached that target - yet - watch how the same press will be blasted out when XBOX1 hits that in 4 months time.

*Google Wii U 5 million and you get articles for the PS4!

Edited on by open

NNID: openrob

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

306. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I hope each all three systems are at around six million before the year ends.

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

307. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I hope each all three systems are at around six million before the year ends.

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

If all three systems were at 6 million by the end of the year, that'd be a SIGNIFICANT drop of momentum for all of them. Considering the Wii U is .2 million away from that and the One and PS4 aren't far behind, that's a little scary to think about. Correction. It's scary to think what the media would say about that. They'd call the Wii U an absolute and confirmed failure whereas the One and PS4 would need to be saved by some...thing.

Unless you meant to say you were hoping all three would add 6 million units to their current sales by the end of the year...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

308. Posted:

Pachter said that software sales overall is 45% lower (in 2013) than it was in 2008. This may also be part of the problem with the Wii U. Maybe this year will change the pattern...

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

309. Posted:

I meant selling six million more to there current numbers. Sorry for the grammer flub.

@Unca_Lz

How much does that take into account retail vs Digital sales though? Seems alot of people on this site have gone digital only and most of the guys I know with the new consoles have done the same as well.

On the PS4 no games note, I'd argue that system sellers for any system don't hit until about the first year out. Even the Wii U was devoid of anything must have until Pikmin 3 came out.

As fas as games we have a decent smattering of PS4 content coming soon, with something note worthy evry month till E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR

SCAR

310. Posted:

Acually, I think Wii U sold around 2 million after Xbox One and PS4 launched, because of the price drop, holidays, and more games were out by then.

$¢@®

AuthorMessage
turtlelink

turtlelink

311. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

312. Posted:

open wrote:

It has sold about 3.6 million - 2.2 million less than Wii U (which is sitting at about 5.8 million). My point is that Wii U is still in the lead in terms of sales for 8th gen home consoles (rarely mentioned) and that I propose that it is at least likely to have more units in homes than XBox One over the next year (This is hardly mentioned) due to the fact of it's 2.2 million lead, and even though some of the big games are to be released on XB1 this year, yet it is the same situation for Wii U. Yet more devs want to work on XBOX 1 - You can't explain that...

Hmmmm....you are aware of the fact the Xbox One has sold 3.6 million in only three months, whereas the Wii-U has sold less than 6 million in like 14 months, right?? Sales of the Wii-U have slowed, and its quite likely the Xbox One will equal Wii-U sales within the next 3-5 months.

And yes, I can explain why more devs want to work on the Xbox One....because it's more popular, is selling quicker, is more powerful, has better online infrastructure, and devs sell more copies of their games on Microsoft consoles than they do on Nintendo ones.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
dumedum

dumedum

313. Posted:

open wrote:

A bit like how every gaming (and even non gaming sites) covered the drop in Nintendo stock giving it bad press no one talked about Sony's major losses for the past few years and their stock drops.

This is true. People aren't aware that Nintendo is up 35% from last year in stock, which is a lot. It is even up considerably this week and no one cared.

JohnRedcorn wrote:

...you are aware of the fact the Xbox One has sold 3.6 million in only three months,

Pretty much the same as the Wii U then - most of its sales came from launch. The Wii U sold very well in the beginning and then slowed down. Xbox and PS4 will slow down a lot this year. That's the difference between fanboys at launch and reality check.

JohnRedcorn wrote:

And yes, I can explain why more devs want to work on the Xbox One....

yet it's a boring console with mostly fps's that cost to play online, no backward compatibility, no external HD support, much more expensive and uglier and bigger, without a game pad and Miiverse!

and devs sell more copies of their games on Microsoft consoles than they do on Nintendo ones.

it depends on the game genre, and the support behind it, and the seriousness behind it. This is not at all true as a fact. Ask Activision, Disney, Warner Bros. or Ubisoft about some of their bestsellers on the Wii compared to Sony and Microsoft. THQ found out that too. It could work for them again if they put energy and thought behind it.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

314. Posted:

@dumedum I don't that your opinion on the XB1 is any argument to rebut what he stated but ok. @JohnRedcorn at least dropped some facts rather than opinions.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

315. Posted:

Xbox One currently has more support because it is new and they can port stuff from PS4 and PC (well AAA stuff at least) easier. Maybe Microsoft paid company lots of money.

That's literally it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

316. Posted:

@dumedum

This is an actual quote you made last month...

"There was nothing lucky or flukey about the Wii. It is a great console that appealed to a lot of people. People are so happy with it that they don't need to buy another one yet which hurts Wii U sales."

If you actually believe that, there is no way anyone can take you seriously.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

317. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

It seems a lot faster-paced and more dynamic than Call of Duty to me, and the rocket pack double jump and Parkour moves could make traversing the environment more interesting. I know I'm excited. Heck, I bought a fancy new PC just to play it. Try looking up straight gameplay of it instead of watching the trailers. It's hard to find (these days it's always hard to find decent gameplay on Youtube. Used to be that you could find anything but not anymore...) but worth it, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

318. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

It seems a lot faster-paced and more dynamic than Call of Duty to me, and the rocket pack double jump and Parkour moves could make traversing the environment more interesting. I know I'm excited. Heck, I bought a fancy new PC just to play it. Try looking up straight gameplay of it instead of watching the trailers. It's hard to find (these days it's always hard to find decent gameplay on Youtube. Used to be that you could find anything but not anymore...) but worth it, IMO.

I don't plan on playing it, but I just watched an HD gameplay video of it a few minutes ago and was pretty impressed. It looks very good, and is quite different than your standard COD FPS for sure.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
turtlelink

turtlelink

319. Posted:

@Canis, I'll take your word for it. A couple of guys I'm subscribed recently posted some vids on it so I'll check it out.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

320. Posted:

I'm not saying Titanfall's going to be a bad game or anything, I'm only saying it's a first person shooter...and the market's kind of saturated with those.

I'm sure it'll be great, but in time it will be overshadowed by another first person shooter. And that will release alongside another... And another...

And, sadly, once the next Call of Duty comes out, it'll fly off the shelves and leave Titanfall in the dust. I wouldn't be surprised if mechs were put in the next Call of Duty to compete.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213