Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 301 to 320 of 348

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

301. Posted:

I hope each all three systems are at around six million before the year ends.

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

302. Posted:

open wrote:

Does anyone expect Xbox One to sell 3 million this year?

If not then it won't even catch up to Wii U. WiiU is sitting at 2.2 million more sales than Xbox TODAY.

Titan fall will drive sales - but will it sell 2.2 million by summer? Wii U will sell with Mario Kart/ Bayonetta/ other Q1&2 games probably hitting 7 million worldwide by Q4 when X and smash release.

Estimate 8.5 million by January 2015....

"But Wii U doesn't sell well!!" Ha yeah right.

Huh? Hasn't it already been reported that the Xbox One has sold between 3-4 million already? What are you talking about?

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

303. Posted:

@open I can only assume you must not have been following how the Xbox One is doing. It's selling pretty well. Better than Wii U.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

304. Posted:

Wii U has more games that appeal to me regardless, so I'm not really worried about sales comparisons

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Ryno

305. Posted:

It's obvious these PS4 and Xbone owners haven't seen DK's fur.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

306. Posted:

go go, PS4!!! go go, WiiU!!!!
no no, fighting over which console is better!!!!!!!
oh and go go, XBone too!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

307. Posted:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

open

308. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

open wrote:

Does anyone expect Xbox One to sell 3 million this year?

If not then it won't even catch up to Wii U. WiiU is sitting at 2.2 million more sales than Xbox TODAY.

Titan fall will drive sales - but will it sell 2.2 million by summer? Wii U will sell with Mario Kart/ Bayonetta/ other Q1&2 games probably hitting 7 million worldwide by Q4 when X and smash release.

Estimate 8.5 million by January 2015....

"But Wii U doesn't sell well!!" Ha yeah right.

Huh? Hasn't it already been reported that the Xbox One has sold between 3-4 million already? What are you talking about?

It has sold about 3.6 million - 2.2 million less than Wii U (which is sitting at about 5.8 million). My point is that Wii U is still in the lead in terms of sales for 8th gen home consoles (rarely mentioned) and that I propose that it is at least likely to have more units in homes than XBox One over the next year (This is hardly mentioned) due to the fact of it's 2.2 million lead, and even though some of the big games are to be released on XB1 this year, yet it is the same situation for Wii U. Yet more devs want to work on XBOX 1 - You can't explain that...

People Go on so much about Wii U's crap sales that it put both developers/producers and prospective buyers off. If there wasn't so much targeted bad press on Wii U imagine the possbilities.

A bit like how every gaming (and even non gaming sites) covered the drop in Nintendo stock giving it bad press no one talked about Sony's major losses for the past few years and their stock drops.
AND
Where was all the press for Wii U hitting 5 million?* You will argue that the press is talking about the speed the PS4 reached that target - yet - watch how the same press will be blasted out when XBOX1 hits that in 4 months time.

*Google Wii U 5 million and you get articles for the PS4!

Edited on by open

NNID: openrob

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

309. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Hopefully the big three of Titanfall, Mario Kart and Infamous gives the industry a nice momentum boost off of the consoles launches.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

310. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

If all three systems were at 6 million by the end of the year, that'd be a SIGNIFICANT drop of momentum for all of them. Considering the Wii U is .2 million away from that and the One and PS4 aren't far behind, that's a little scary to think about. Correction. It's scary to think what the media would say about that. They'd call the Wii U an absolute and confirmed failure whereas the One and PS4 would need to be saved by some...thing.

Unless you meant to say you were hoping all three would add 6 million units to their current sales by the end of the year...

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

311. Posted:

Pachter said that software sales overall is 45% lower (in 2013) than it was in 2008. This may also be part of the problem with the Wii U. Maybe this year will change the pattern...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

312. Posted:

I meant selling six million more to there current numbers. Sorry for the grammer flub.

@Unca_Lz

How much does that take into account retail vs Digital sales though? Seems alot of people on this site have gone digital only and most of the guys I know with the new consoles have done the same as well.

On the PS4 no games note, I'd argue that system sellers for any system don't hit until about the first year out. Even the Wii U was devoid of anything must have until Pikmin 3 came out.

As fas as games we have a decent smattering of PS4 content coming soon, with something note worthy evry month till E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

313. Posted:

Acually, I think Wii U sold around 2 million after Xbox One and PS4 launched, because of the price drop, holidays, and more games were out by then.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

314. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open
Not sure if Titanfall will truly drive One sales. Although I'm not personally impressed by it (it's another first person shooter and we'll see many more. not saying it's not a good first person shooter, but it's essentially battlefield with mechs... oh wait... battlefield 2142...), I know a lot of people that are. However, Titanfall is also releasing on PC. If people are patient and it comes through Steam, in a matter of weeks PC gamers will be able to grab the game for significantly less and still have the same graphic potential, same game, and even larger online community.

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

315. Posted:

open wrote:

It has sold about 3.6 million - 2.2 million less than Wii U (which is sitting at about 5.8 million). My point is that Wii U is still in the lead in terms of sales for 8th gen home consoles (rarely mentioned) and that I propose that it is at least likely to have more units in homes than XBox One over the next year (This is hardly mentioned) due to the fact of it's 2.2 million lead, and even though some of the big games are to be released on XB1 this year, yet it is the same situation for Wii U. Yet more devs want to work on XBOX 1 - You can't explain that...

Hmmmm....you are aware of the fact the Xbox One has sold 3.6 million in only three months, whereas the Wii-U has sold less than 6 million in like 14 months, right?? Sales of the Wii-U have slowed, and its quite likely the Xbox One will equal Wii-U sales within the next 3-5 months.

And yes, I can explain why more devs want to work on the Xbox One....because it's more popular, is selling quicker, is more powerful, has better online infrastructure, and devs sell more copies of their games on Microsoft consoles than they do on Nintendo ones.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

dumedum

316. Posted:

open wrote:

A bit like how every gaming (and even non gaming sites) covered the drop in Nintendo stock giving it bad press no one talked about Sony's major losses for the past few years and their stock drops.

This is true. People aren't aware that Nintendo is up 35% from last year in stock, which is a lot. It is even up considerably this week and no one cared.

JohnRedcorn wrote:

...you are aware of the fact the Xbox One has sold 3.6 million in only three months,

Pretty much the same as the Wii U then - most of its sales came from launch. The Wii U sold very well in the beginning and then slowed down. Xbox and PS4 will slow down a lot this year. That's the difference between fanboys at launch and reality check.

JohnRedcorn wrote:

And yes, I can explain why more devs want to work on the Xbox One....

yet it's a boring console with mostly fps's that cost to play online, no backward compatibility, no external HD support, much more expensive and uglier and bigger, without a game pad and Miiverse!

and devs sell more copies of their games on Microsoft consoles than they do on Nintendo ones.

it depends on the game genre, and the support behind it, and the seriousness behind it. This is not at all true as a fact. Ask Activision, Disney, Warner Bros. or Ubisoft about some of their bestsellers on the Wii compared to Sony and Microsoft. THQ found out that too. It could work for them again if they put energy and thought behind it.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

317. Posted:

@dumedum I don't that your opinion on the XB1 is any argument to rebut what he stated but ok. @JohnRedcorn at least dropped some facts rather than opinions.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

318. Posted:

Xbox One currently has more support because it is new and they can port stuff from PS4 and PC (well AAA stuff at least) easier. Maybe Microsoft paid company lots of money.

That's literally it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MikeLove

319. Posted:

@dumedum

This is an actual quote you made last month...

"There was nothing lucky or flukey about the Wii. It is a great console that appealed to a lot of people. People are so happy with it that they don't need to buy another one yet which hurts Wii U sales."

If you actually believe that, there is no way anyone can take you seriously.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

320. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@open

Yea, plus I feel like most (common) people will buy it on 360 since it is releasing earlier apparently (or was it later). I could be completely wrong though. Oh well. The game just looks like CoD with mechs to me but whatever. Support Microsoft!

It seems a lot faster-paced and more dynamic than Call of Duty to me, and the rocket pack double jump and Parkour moves could make traversing the environment more interesting. I know I'm excited. Heck, I bought a fancy new PC just to play it. Try looking up straight gameplay of it instead of watching the trailers. It's hard to find (these days it's always hard to find decent gameplay on Youtube. Used to be that you could find anything but not anymore...) but worth it, IMO.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~