Wii U Forum

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Showing 101 to 120 of 348

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

101. Posted:

Been at the hospital soi haven't read the whole thread.

My take is that the PS4 is selling on mostly hype and a ton of games that have announcement dates that are vauge as hell. Sonys PR as being for the gamer has become ingrained and has caused them to be pretty impervious too critism despite having a pretty Blah line up compared to Nintendo and Microsoft.

Despite that I do understand why the PS4 is leading in sales, its the best bang for your buck. I'm a big Halo Fanboy but I can grab a Ps4 and Vita for only $100 more than a Xbone.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

102. Posted:

And now we can be friendly to each other :)

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

103. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

When I made this thread, I expected alot more "Congratulations" than reality.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

rbmoura85

104. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

rbmoura85

AuthorMessage

skywake

105. Posted:

It's all because of their lower price than the Wii U and the fact that their control options are less gimmicky and therefore cheaper. This is why Nintendo shouldn't have chased after this hair-brained idea of off-TV play.

........... what? None of these things are the case? Well damn. All of the armchair analysts were wrong! :o

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

106. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Kevin1991 I thought the PS4 and Xbox One would start out slow, but I guess not (And didn't everyone hate the One or something before?)

Also, I'm still seeing the launch commercial for the PS4 on TV, it's been months right, and it's still on.

I thought the same thing. They still are, in terms of software, but the hardware is still selling.

People were all "angry" that it was called One, and had green instead of blue. Also, people were "angry" that they were being told about TV, sports, and CoD.

One and U are bad sub names, but 4 is ok, because the coin flip was heads with 3 possible outcomes.

Also, Kinect and the GamePad being required... People thought Microsoft might spy on them, even though Sony probably has more reason to.

People want Uncharted on Xbox, otherwise they'll go with PS4.

It's a strange world we live in. Green determines an opinion, a camera is now looked at as negative, and a Reggie gives out pizza.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

107. Posted:

I usually get a Sony console much later in it's life span when it's gone down in price and has the games I want to play already available. But since the titles I usually get a PS for have gone multiplat and I have this terrible habit of wanting to support "the underdog", I may just go for a XB1 instead...

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

108. Posted:

@Blast WWHD had content taken away so I'm not really understanding your complaints about TRDE. It really is coming across as a double standards to me.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

banacheck

109. Posted:

rbmoura85 wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

If you look at the PS4 towards the other consoles, the PS4 has the most support from publishers, developers etc this is actually documented. The PS4 has 100+ games from 1st party's, 3rd party's to Indies that's releasing in 2014 alone, a sign of a healthy platform 3 months in.

Links can be provided.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

110. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

@SCAR392 Lol its kinda funny. A developer could literally release a next gen port of Bioshock Infinite or anything like that during this drought for PS4 owners and they would go out and buy the game.

Hehehehehehe ya....hehehehe stupid dumb dumb PS4 owners buying next-gen ports of old games...hehehehehe

Untitled

You know, I'd say you had a point, but then I remembered how incredibly stupid it was that Tomb Raider came out LESS THAN A YEAR AGO on the PS3. It guess it is proper that a system shouldn't have backwards compatibility so they can sell the same game nine months later for the same price.

Wind Waker was a GameCube game (which by the way could be played on a Wii as well!) that was remade for the Wii U (a system that can play Wii games!).

Considering PS3 owners bought "HD Collections" since their ultimate dude-bro powerhouse of a system was too pitiful to do backwards compatibility properly, I can see why no one's super upset about Tomb Raider "Definitive" edition.

EDIT: And on the topic of Wii Sports Club, Wii Sports is still playable on the Wii U (with that backwards compatibility thing that's become foreign to Sony for some reason), but there's incentive to get the new version for all of the incredible features the Wii U brings to it such as Miiverse, online play, and the enhanced graphics. Personally, I'm not getting this game since I still play Wii Sports on occasion, but for those that want the upgraded version, they can go right ahead.

My point being, Wii Sports vs Wii Sports Club gives Wii U owners the option to get the new version or the original for cheap. The PS4 doesn't give you that option, so you're just out of luck.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

111. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

@SCAR392 Lol its kinda funny. A developer could literally release a next gen port of Bioshock Infinite or anything like that during this drought for PS4 owners and they would go out and buy the game.

Hehehehehehe ya....hehehehe stupid dumb dumb PS4 owners buying next-gen ports of old games...hehehehehe

Untitled

You know, I'd say you had a point, but then I remembered how incredibly stupid it was that Tomb Raider came out LESS THAN A YEAR AGO on the PS3. It guess it is proper that a system shouldn't have backwards compatibility so they can sell the same game nine months later for the same price.

Wind Waker was a GameCube game (which by the way could be played on a Wii as well!) that was remade for the Wii U (a system that can play Wii games!).

Considering PS3 owners bought "HD Collections" since their ultimate dude-bro powerhouse of a system was too pitiful to do backwards compatibility properly, I can see why no one's super upset about Tomb Raider "Definitive" edition.

You made a thread complaining about the 'hair physics' in the Tomb Raider next-gen release not too long ago too. Something about this game has really gotten stuck in your craw, huh? I've never seen anyone who has neither played the game, nor even owns a console it's available on, be so upset about something like this.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

112. Posted:

So we are supposed to start running around in circles and yelling?

Edited on by AJ_Lethal

deviantART

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

113. Posted:

It is a little too soon to say that the PS4 is the next PS2. We can see a momentum shift downward for the PS4 (and the Xbox One for that matter). Considering how the economy sucks and the market is fickle, anything is possible

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

114. Posted:

@JohnRedcorn It's because both SquareEnix and Sony are BETTER than this. Sony dropped backwards compatibility for some arbitrary reason and SquareEnix just rereleased the same game! Sony is capable of making a powerhouse of a system that doesn't completely abandon the past iteration (as with the PS2 and original PS3s) and SquareEnix is capable of making new experiences or at the very least, not rehash a game less than a year old!

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

115. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Start? I'm pretty sure we've been "yelling" for quite some time now.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mahe

116. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

And on the topic of Wii Sports Club, Wii Sports is still playable on the Wii U (with that backwards compatibility thing that's become foreign to Sony for some reason), but there's incentive to get the new version for all of the incredible features the Wii U brings to it such as Miiverse, online play, and the enhanced graphics. Personally, I'm not getting this game since I still play Wii Sports on occasion, but for those that want the upgraded version, they can go right ahead.

Wii Sports Club is crap compared to the original. Nintendo really messed it up with poor controls, laggy online, inane pricing scheme and poorly thought out Gamepad features like having Golf place your Gamepad on the floor. Just WTF!

Wii Sports fans have wanted a continuation of the series for 4½ years now. Why is it so hard to make a real Wii Sports 3 instead of this HD rehash crap? Wii Sports Club isn't an upgrade, it's a downgrade.

Mahe

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

117. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

That's how usually work for now a day. Everybody love argument that they can win but...

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

118. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

More like "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, WE ARE DOOMED!" yelling.

deviantART

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

119. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Same difference. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

120. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Same difference. :p

gotta love doom!!!!!!! Doom is the main reason for Marvel being Better than DC!!!!(ok there's also Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Wolverine)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF