Forums

Topic: The PS4 Has Officially Outsold the Wii U In 2/3 Markets.

Posts 101 to 120 of 337

LzWinky

And now we can be friendly to each other

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

rbmoura85

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

rbmoura85

skywake

It's all because of their lower price than the Wii U and the fact that their control options are less gimmicky and therefore cheaper. This is why Nintendo shouldn't have chased after this hair-brained idea of off-TV play.

........... what? None of these things are the case? Well damn. All of the armchair analysts were wrong!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@Kevin1991 I thought the PS4 and Xbox One would start out slow, but I guess not (And didn't everyone hate the One or something before?)

Also, I'm still seeing the launch commercial for the PS4 on TV, it's been months right, and it's still on.

I thought the same thing. They still are, in terms of software, but the hardware is still selling.

People were all "angry" that it was called One, and had green instead of blue. Also, people were "angry" that they were being told about TV, sports, and CoD.

One and U are bad sub names, but 4 is ok, because the coin flip was heads with 3 possible outcomes.

Also, Kinect and the GamePad being required... People thought Microsoft might spy on them, even though Sony probably has more reason to.

People want Uncharted on Xbox, otherwise they'll go with PS4.

It's a strange world we live in. Green determines an opinion, a camera is now looked at as negative, and a Reggie gives out pizza.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

PrincessSugoi

I usually get a Sony console much later in it's life span when it's gone down in price and has the games I want to play already available. But since the titles I usually get a PS for have gone multiplat and I have this terrible habit of wanting to support "the underdog", I may just go for a XB1 instead...

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Jazzer94

@Blast WWHD had content taken away so I'm not really understanding your complaints about TRDE. It really is coming across as a double standards to me.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

banacheck

rbmoura85 wrote:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Well, the PS4 has become the PS2 of this generation. Congrats Sony, now you have your respect again.

It might become...but right now it has what, like 3 months in the market? Its incredibly soon to make this kinds of statements about any console, even for the one year old wii u

If you look at the PS4 towards the other consoles, the PS4 has the most support from publishers, developers etc this is actually documented. The PS4 has 100+ games from 1st party's, 3rd party's to Indies that's releasing in 2014 alone, a sign of a healthy platform 3 months in.

Links can be provided.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

kyuubikid213

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

@SCAR392 Lol its kinda funny. A developer could literally release a next gen port of Bioshock Infinite or anything like that during this drought for PS4 owners and they would go out and buy the game.

Hehehehehehe ya....hehehehe stupid dumb dumb PS4 owners buying next-gen ports of old games...hehehehehe

Untitled

You know, I'd say you had a point, but then I remembered how incredibly stupid it was that Tomb Raider came out LESS THAN A YEAR AGO on the PS3. It guess it is proper that a system shouldn't have backwards compatibility so they can sell the same game nine months later for the same price.

Wind Waker was a GameCube game (which by the way could be played on a Wii as well!) that was remade for the Wii U (a system that can play Wii games!).

Considering PS3 owners bought "HD Collections" since their ultimate dude-bro powerhouse of a system was too pitiful to do backwards compatibility properly, I can see why no one's super upset about Tomb Raider "Definitive" edition.

EDIT: And on the topic of Wii Sports Club, Wii Sports is still playable on the Wii U (with that backwards compatibility thing that's become foreign to Sony for some reason), but there's incentive to get the new version for all of the incredible features the Wii U brings to it such as Miiverse, online play, and the enhanced graphics. Personally, I'm not getting this game since I still play Wii Sports on occasion, but for those that want the upgraded version, they can go right ahead.

My point being, Wii Sports vs Wii Sports Club gives Wii U owners the option to get the new version or the original for cheap. The PS4 doesn't give you that option, so you're just out of luck.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

MikeLove

kyuubikid213 wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

@SCAR392 Lol its kinda funny. A developer could literally release a next gen port of Bioshock Infinite or anything like that during this drought for PS4 owners and they would go out and buy the game.

Hehehehehehe ya....hehehehe stupid dumb dumb PS4 owners buying next-gen ports of old games...hehehehehe

Untitled

You know, I'd say you had a point, but then I remembered how incredibly stupid it was that Tomb Raider came out LESS THAN A YEAR AGO on the PS3. It guess it is proper that a system shouldn't have backwards compatibility so they can sell the same game nine months later for the same price.

Wind Waker was a GameCube game (which by the way could be played on a Wii as well!) that was remade for the Wii U (a system that can play Wii games!).

Considering PS3 owners bought "HD Collections" since their ultimate dude-bro powerhouse of a system was too pitiful to do backwards compatibility properly, I can see why no one's super upset about Tomb Raider "Definitive" edition.

You made a thread complaining about the 'hair physics' in the Tomb Raider next-gen release not too long ago too. Something about this game has really gotten stuck in your craw, huh? I've never seen anyone who has neither played the game, nor even owns a console it's available on, be so upset about something like this.

MikeLove

AJ_Lethal

So we are supposed to start running around in circles and yelling?

Edited on by AJ_Lethal

LzWinky

It is a little too soon to say that the PS4 is the next PS2. We can see a momentum shift downward for the PS4 (and the Xbox One for that matter). Considering how the economy sucks and the market is fickle, anything is possible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kyuubikid213

@JohnRedcorn It's because both SquareEnix and Sony are BETTER than this. Sony dropped backwards compatibility for some arbitrary reason and SquareEnix just rereleased the same game! Sony is capable of making a powerhouse of a system that doesn't completely abandon the past iteration (as with the PS2 and original PS3s) and SquareEnix is capable of making new experiences or at the very least, not rehash a game less than a year old!

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Snagrio

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Start? I'm pretty sure we've been "yelling" for quite some time now.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Mahe

kyuubikid213 wrote:

And on the topic of Wii Sports Club, Wii Sports is still playable on the Wii U (with that backwards compatibility thing that's become foreign to Sony for some reason), but there's incentive to get the new version for all of the incredible features the Wii U brings to it such as Miiverse, online play, and the enhanced graphics. Personally, I'm not getting this game since I still play Wii Sports on occasion, but for those that want the upgraded version, they can go right ahead.

Wii Sports Club is crap compared to the original. Nintendo really messed it up with poor controls, laggy online, inane pricing scheme and poorly thought out Gamepad features like having Golf place your Gamepad on the floor. Just WTF!

Wii Sports fans have wanted a continuation of the series for 4½ years now. Why is it so hard to make a real Wii Sports 3 instead of this HD rehash crap? Wii Sports Club isn't an upgrade, it's a downgrade.

Mahe

Super_Gravy

AJ_Lethal wrote:

That's how usually work for now a day. Everybody love argument that they can win but...

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AJ_Lethal

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

More like "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, WE ARE DOOMED!" yelling.

Snagrio

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Same difference.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GuSolarFlare

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

Same difference.

gotta love doom!!!!!!! Doom is the main reason for Marvel being Better than DC!!!!(ok there's also Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Wolverine)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Marakuto

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I don't really care who makes the console as long as it has games I want so yes I might buy a PS4 in future. As I always like to say, I don't just play say Nintendo games, I play video games.

This. I often get into big arguments with people who say why I play this and I that and end up getting shunned.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

MikeLove

Unca_Lz wrote:

It is a little too soon to say that the PS4 is the next PS2. We can see a momentum shift downward for the PS4 (and the Xbox One for that matter). Considering how the economy sucks and the market is fickle, anything is possible

I think the chances of any system surpassing the sales of the PS2 are slim and none. It benefitted immensely from the fact it was so easily hacked, and I don't see any other future consoles being hacked like that due to their strong dependence on online connectivity.

MikeLove

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.