Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,901 to 8,920 of 27,917

IceClimbers

The full cast list for Smash Wii U on imdb lists Sakurai as doing the voice for King Dedede. It lists the same thing for Brawl though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

The full cast list for Smash Wii U on imdb lists Sakurai as doing the voice for King Dedede. It lists the same thing for Brawl though.

I'm pretty sure that's actually the case. Not 100%, since I wasn't there during development, but the majority of the gaming community seems to think that's the case, so I wouldn't be shocked.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

.....Ridley tease?

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's actually the case. Not 100%, since I wasn't there during development, but the majority of the gaming community seems to think that's the case, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Huh. Learn something new everyday.

MegaStoneSmash91

Wow, I've got some stuff to catch up on.

About that amiibo image with all the character pictures flying into the TV screen, I assumed it was supposed to be just a generic image showing what the amiibos do. All the characters have different styles of artwork, such as the 8-bit Mario and the Twilight Princess Link. It isn't Smash Bros. specific and in no way means any of those characters could be playable in Smash, other than the ones we know about of course. It's simply a display image for amiibos and the general idea behind them.

As for Smash Fest and how the games physics felt, I'd have to agree on it being a balance of Melee and Brawl. It felt faster than Brawl, but not as fast as Melee. Didn't Sakurai mention he was trying to do this? Overall, it felt good, and was a blast. @Adam You said the controls on the 3DS version felt weird, but couldn't say why. Does it have anything to do with how the buttons were mapped? Or is it the fact that it's a handheld? I thought the controls felt fine, much better than I expected actually. I wasn't happy with which buttons did what, as I kept grabbing when I wanted to shield, jumping when I wanted to attack, that sort of thing. I got used to it a bit, and it still felt good. I'll be happy when I can set the controls to my liking. Oh, and I'm fairly certain Villager's bowling ball is his side smash attack. It's an odd thing to have as a smash attack, and it's range is very small since he drops it straight down. Hard to use effectively. He and Mega Man are rather unconvetional in that way, as they both have lots of odd attacks that don't operate like other characters.

Game & Watch, they might as well have confirmed him in the Pac-Man video even though he appeared for a totally different reason. Why get rid of him? He's become a classic Smash character, and has old school ties to Nintendo. He'll be there, and his brief cameo in the Pac trailer shows they haven't forgotten about him.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers Definitely not a Ridley tease. Or a tease of anything... at all. I'm pretty sure that's just a general statement based on Rosalina's sheer size, being 7'7" according to... uh... Actually, I forgot where I heard that.

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

@IceClimbers Definitely not a Ridley tease. Or a tease of anything... at all. I'm pretty sure that's just a general statement based on Rosalina's sheer size, being 7'7" according to... uh... Actually, I forgot where I heard that.

Oh I was joking. Maybe Sakurai is teasing us that Ridley is big, but someone who is historically bigger will be in Smash. That would be hilarious.

Randomname19

IceClimbers wrote:

Oh I was joking. Maybe Sakurai is teasing us that Ridley is big, but someone who is historically bigger will be in Smash. That would be hilarious.

Brinstar Depths and Kraid returning?

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tsuchinoko

Shorts wrote:

Hey all, I'm back with another poll for you guys to take, well two actually!

This first one is my standard "Ideal SSB roster". No rules or character limits on this one, just make the roster YOU WANT.
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=5g648dakrkhq8i4379140

This next one is SSB4 DLC Poll. This is based off the idea that Sal Romano's leaker is telling the truth. (Which, he probably is) So you get to pick Six characters for DLC (Newcomers + Cut Brawl/Melee characters) The selection is narrowed down more on this one, but it's still pretty big.
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=kbfy3wjfgl74d43378822

Have fun, and let me know what you think I can post results if youd like as well.

For the second quiz i voted for Lucas (I really want him in), Impa, krystal, Wonder Red, Takamaru, and Lucina.

Duster wasn't on the quiz, but I feel anymore Mother reps would be asking too much. Also, why do I feel like DLC characters would be first party only?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Datasun_7

What do you guys think about viridi and dark pit for smash 4? Do you think they will be assist trophies? Both appear in palutenas reveal trailer. And I know that viridi is a stage hazard in the 3ds version but why did we hear her voice with footage of the Wii U version? Interesting, partly because kid Icarus is one of my favourite Nintendo games in years xP

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

UGXwolf

Dark Pit is most likely a costume, but an assist trophy would certainly fit the trend with Dark Samus. Viridi is a stage hazard? I don't think well see her any closer to the foreground in this game, then.

Datasun_7

@UGXwolf it just seemed weird that a dark pit costume was missing from the E3 demo, but you are probably right. Yeah viridi is a stage hazard in reset bomb forest, it was just intriguing hearing her voice

Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

Tsuchinoko

I read that there were several costumes missing from the characters, not just Dark Pit. Could be just a coincidence.

Datasun_7

@Tsuchinoko yeah, wire frame Mac was missing too

Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

Tsuchinoko

It was a demo, so we should expect it to be incomplete.

UGXwolf

Datasun_7 wrote:

RIGHT! That's what it was! I remembered thinking "there's no way this is the full set of costumes." I couldn't remember what tipped me off. That's what it was. I also think Rosalina only had three palette swaps. Not to mention Villager and WFT only have two per sex. There's no way they were showing off all of the color swaps.

Jazzer94

The demo was an old build of the game so that might be why costumes were missing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Datasun_7

I would love it if kid Icarus, metroid and donkey kong had three playable characters each. But if kid Icarus had three, people would complain he was biased xp unlike with Kirby

Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

RIGHT! That's what it was! I remembered thinking "there's no way this is the full set of costumes." I couldn't remember what tipped me off. That's what it was. I also think Rosalina only had three palette swaps. Not to mention Villager and WFT only have two per sex. There's no way they were showing off all of the color swaps.

Well we do know this for a fact because of wire frame mac in addition to link not having all of his regular colors. I believe he was missing it was either the goron tunic or the zora tunic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Datasun_7 wrote:

I would love it if kid Icarus, metroid and donkey kong had three playable characters each. But if kid Icarus had three, people would complain he was biased xp unlike with Kirby

I think it's more due to the fact that Kid Icarus has only had one major game release. Kirby is a Nintendo icon and the mascot of HAL. It makes sense for there to be 3 reps.

I would love for Kid Icarus to become a regular series though on par with Zelda (1-2 major releases per console).

Metroid is a major Nintendo IP, but Samus is very often the only character in the whole game. I don't think anybody really wants to see any of the supporting cast from Other M show up, and as amusing as Ridley is, he makes no sense as a playable character. Dark Samus would rightfully draw clone complaints.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic