Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,921 to 8,940 of 27,917

Datasun_7

CaviarMeths wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I would love it if kid Icarus, metroid and donkey kong had three playable characters each. But if kid Icarus had three, people would complain he was biased xp unlike with Kirby

I think it's more due to the fact that Kid Icarus has only had one major game release. Kirby is a Nintendo icon and the mascot of HAL. It makes sense for there to be 3 reps.

I would love for Kid Icarus to become a regular series though on par with Zelda (1-2 major releases per console).

Metroid is a major Nintendo IP, but Samus is very often the only character in the whole game. I don't think anybody really wants to see any of the supporting cast from Other M show up, and as amusing as Ridley is, he makes no sense as a playable character. Dark Samus would rightfully draw clone complaints.

It not going to happen but what about one of the hunters from prime 3? All have the potential of being great characters, but all are too niche.
Yeah I see where you are coming from, i just love those franchises. I'm glad that they are getting more representation with more items/assist trophies which is awesome

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

UGXwolf

@2sang IIRC, Link had Kokiri, Goron, Zora, and Kakariko. (Its people, but I'm calling Kakariko because that's where the Shadow Temple was and Shadow would get mixed up with Dark Link.) He was missing Gerudo (I could just call it orange, but that would be too easy. ;p ) and Dark Link.

@CaviarMeths Kid Icarus has had three major releases. Two of them are just extremely old and don't really play anything like KI:U. And its a good thing, to, since I can already hear the whiney voices complaining about more 2D Platformers from Nintendo.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MrWalkieTalkie

Just throwing it out there, I'd like it if Ridley and Kraid were in to help represent the Metroid series. i don't care at this point about their normally gigantic sizes, big characters can still at least look big compared to the other fighters.
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

@MrWalkieTalkie I don't think Metroid even remotely deserves four reps.and even less that Kraid should be anything other than a stage hazard or stage boss. Maybe a story boss. Nothing more. Not even an Assist. Metroid gets plenty of non-playable rep to make up for the lack of good playable candidates. Ridley would make sense as playable, in trend of relevance, but there's really no one else that would even be close enough.

CaviarMeths

UGXwolf wrote:

@CaviarMeths Kid Icarus has had three major releases. Two of them are just extremely old and don't really play anything like KI:U. And its a good thing, to, since I can already hear the whiney voices complaining about more 2D Platformers from Nintendo.

I know, but they were so long ago that they had faded into obscurity by the time Uprising came out. For all intents and purposes, Uprising is the only major Kid Icarus game on the market right now.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

@Goombario Stage Builder seems likely. If not in the 3DS version, almost certainly in the Wii U version. I could actually see it being a 3DS exclusive feature where you can transfer custom stages to the Wii U version. The story mode likely won't feature extensive cutscenes. I'm not sure what they could do to convey the story without gimping themselves, but I'm sure they'll come up with something unique and/our fun to replace it with.

P.S. Put those links in your siggy. This isn't the time or place to be advertizing those.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko

Just putting it out there since I never see it mentioned in here or Smashboards, but Hal laboratory also worked on Mother 3.

As for other series reps, I really don't see anyone other than Ridley for Metroid, Kirby is fine at 3, Mario and Pokemon have enough already, and I'm fine with the Star Fox reps, unless they want to add krystal as DLC. I do think Impa as she appears in Hyrule Warriors would be a cool addition, and I do think DK could use a third, but I'd be fine with just DK and Diddy.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

IceClimbers

I'd kinda like to see K Rool and even Ridley as playable characters, mainly because I feel like there's a lack of villain representation. Plenty of female, not enough villain. Only ones confirmed are Bowser and King Dedede.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

Eshop demo? Please?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

So can anyone explain to me how competitive smash actually works. I mean I understand the mechanics of Tradtional games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct work. But I really don't get Smash works. There's no comboing system that I can tell of and there isn't a health bar system as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tsuchinoko

shingi_70 wrote:

So can anyone explain to me how competitive smash actually works. I mean I understand the mechanics of Tradtional games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct work. But I really don't get Smash works. There's no comboing system that I can tell of and there isn't a health bar system as well.

Huh? You'd probably get a better idea of the game through the plethora of videos on youtube than just having one of us explain it.

Eel

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Just throwing it out there, I'd like it if Ridley and Kraid were in to help represent the Metroid series. i don't care at this point about their normally gigantic sizes, big characters can still at least look big compared to the other fighters.
Untitled

Aren't those three under the effects of the super mushroom?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

It really depends on who you're playing. If you're playing against people that are good then its competitive. If you're playing against people who see this as a party game more than a competitive game then its like that.

The trick is to get good at the game so you know what to do in various situations.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

@2sang IIRC, Link had Kokiri, Goron, Zora, and Kakariko. (Its people, but I'm calling Kakariko because that's where the Shadow Temple was and Shadow would get mixed up with Dark Link.) He was missing Gerudo (I could just call it orange, but that would be too easy. ;p ) and Dark Link.

Yeah you're right. I couldn't remember the costume that was missing, but I think that was the one, but for some reason I was thinking it was either the goron or zora tunic. Definitely was the dark link costume that was missing though

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Randomname19

Way better than Dark Link's costume in Brawl.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

MegaStoneSmash91

All that talk of costumes, and now this pic of the day. I knew the ones in the demo weren't the final ones. There weren't enough, and not every character had one for the 3 team colors. The exclusion of Wireframe Mac was also a big hint. It's nice to see a costume based on an actual outfit from the series. It's still just a color swap, but it does look good

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

I love the detail. Looking forward to seeing what they'll have for other characters.

Hoping for Outset Island Toon Link, Pajama Ness, Hyrule Warriors Zelda, and more. Most likely Dark Link and DarkPit will be there too

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

Here's the real question: is this a palette swap or an alternate costume? It's the same model with all the same edges, but the art is still entirely different. What do you guys think?

For reference, Wireframe Mac and Male WFT are alts while red and blue Link are palette swaps. What's odd about this is that most alts seem to actually alter the model without altering the hitboxes. Palette swaps, on the other hand, seem to alter just the primary and secondary colors, rather than going into detail. This model doesn't really seem to change things up too drastically, which Sakurai even points out in his comment, but that art is far different from his typical palette swaps.

Also, I'm calling a few things, right now. Toon Link in Outset pajamas and if this is an alternate costume and not a palette swap, Dark Link is an assist or a stage hazard/boss.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic