Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,401 to 8,420 of 27,917

IceClimbers

I agree that Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon would have the same number of reps, as they're Nintendo's Big 3 franchises.

While it's true that Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur were all under Trainer, Sakurai has said in the past that he considers them to be separate characters. Now they really are with Trainer gone because of no transformations. I think we'll see a Grass type starter (most likely Sceptile) as well as Jigglypuff. That would make 6 Pokemon reps.

To even out the numbers, we could see Bowser Jr for Mario, and Ganondorf and Ghirahim for Zelda. Bowser Jr is the only character I could see for Mario. Nothing else makes sense, unless they got SE to agree to Geno.

I agree with Wolf and Lucas. ROB is obviously still the odd ball as there's no real argument for him being cut or included. I don't think Zero Suit and Sheik were the trophies as they were revealed in the same Direct.

There was a character from Rhythm Heaven spotted in Smash Run, so that's a MAJOR point towards Marshall, much like the polar bear from Ice Climber. Why else would they be enemies in Smash Run?

Maybe the final roster is something like this: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K Rool, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Palutena, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Jigglypuff, Marth, Ike, Chrom, Yoshi, Wario, Olimar, Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch, ROB, Marshall, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Mii Fighters, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gridatttack

They already said that they used all the pokemon spots. Greninja took the only free one.

But yeah. Sceptile would be interesting.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

IceClimbers

Gridatttack wrote:

They already said that they used all the pokemon spots. Greninja took the only free one.

But yeah. Sceptile would be interesting.

When did they say that? I know that Sakurai stated that a spot was reserved for a new Pokemon from X/Y, but he didn't state that all of the Pokemon spots were used up.

Nintendo6400

What do people have against Wolf? I think he's a great inclusion to the smash series and should stay.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

IceClimbers

Nintendo6400 wrote:

What do people have against Wolf? I think he's a great inclusion to the smash series and should stay.

I think it's mostly him being a second clone of Fox. Wolf should come back, but with his moveset changed. Same with Falco. Make Falco's Final Smash an Arwing.

Nintendo6400

I always thought of wolf as a luigi type clone. Similar moves, buy more diverse. Now Falco Is a clone. They should cut him, unless of course they change his moveset. I do agree with the final smashes though.

Toad160

I went to the Best Buy event today, and I have to say that I enjoyed the 3DS version more than I thought I would. I was a little confused though, because they said they were out of gold coins, but if you preorder they will be there on pickup, and the total number of preorders you have equals the number of gold coins you get. I didn't think that was right, but they know what they're doing, so I'll trust them.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I think it's mostly him being a second clone of Fox. Wolf should come back, but with his moveset changed. Same with Falco. Make Falco's Final Smash an Arwing.

Wolf isn't really all that clone-y, though. His specials and final smashes are fairly similar, but his melees aren't even close, and considering that's where most Wolf players focus their efforts, it really doesn't make sense to classify them as clones, since they don't typically play even close to each other.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kewlan

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I always thought of wolf as a luigi type clone.

Oh my god.. WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT LUIGI BEING A CLONE?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

I don't think Miis were that likely at all. The only one I'm watching out for from the Gematsu leak is the Choir Men from Rhythm heaven. If that turns out to be true, I'll believe the rest.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

IceClimbers

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

I don't think Miis were that likely at all. The only one I'm watching out for from the Gematsu leak is the Choir Men from Rhythm heaven. If that turns out to be true, I'll believe the rest.

Given that there was a character from Rhythm Heaven spotted in Smash Run, it's likely true. Miis I thought were inevitable. Between the petition for Reggie as playable and the numerous character suggestions that didn't make sense (example: Elijah Wood), it just seemed like the natural solution to all of that. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were the highly unlikely ones.

Shirma_Akayaku

IceClimbers wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Given that there was a character from Rhythm Heaven spotted in Smash Run, it's likely true. Miis I thought were inevitable. Between the petition for Reggie as playable and the numerous character suggestions that didn't make sense (example: Elijah Wood), it just seemed like the natural solution to all of that. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were the highly unlikely ones.

Is there I picture of the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run? I'd really wanna see that :3
Also, like how people pointed out before, Rosalina & Luma wasn't in the leak so I'm still not convinced the leak is 100% true.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

shinesprite

I took a trip to Best Buy this afternoon. Besides their pre-order deal, they were also handing out $20 game coupons (for SM3DW, DK:TF, NSMB.WiiU, and M&S@Sochi), $30 2DS/3DS/WiiU hardware coupons, and coupons for 10% -off Accessories. ... so I picked up Super Mario 3D World.

shinesprite

Nintendo6400

Rosalina wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Is there I picture of the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run? I'd really wanna see that :3
Also, like how people pointed out before, Rosalina & Luma wasn't in the leak so I'm still not convinced the leak is 100% true.

I definitely saw a picture of it online somewhere. I also saw bonkers from Kirby in there.

Edit: found it http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/7/73/Sneaky_Spirit_Smash_Run.png

Edited on by Nintendo6400

ZurrrrBlattTron

I've heard some people who've played the game complain about how the game feels slower than brawl, so how long before there's a Project B?

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@siconlol You gotta use the turbo speed.........BUT THEN YOU GOTTA GO FAST TO STAND A CHANCE!!!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

Brawl and Melee always felt the same to me in speed, so when people say that stuff, i'm like "I do what I want!"

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Nintendo6400

I really wish I could've went to smash fest again today, but I had to go out of state for a wedding. I got there at 6 on Wednesday (out of my power) And I only got to play the Wii u and 3ds one for 2 minutes each. They had to subtract the 4 minute matches si everyone in line got to play and they were bringing the 3ds version around the line and it was on red. I wish I could've played smash run. But overall it was worth it.

KO-Cub

DestinyMan wrote:

• Characters I played this time on the Wii U version were Pit, Bowser, Kirby, Rosalina & Luma, and Mega Man.

What did new Bowser feel like with the new speed buff? Much change?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic