Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,421 to 8,440 of 27,917

Jazzer94

siconlol wrote:

I've heard some people who've played the game complain about how the game feels slower than brawl, so how long before there's a Project B?

It's faster than Brawl but the land lag is quite bad and characters seem to travel quite far at low percentages.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

I don't think Miis were that likely at all. The only one I'm watching out for from the Gematsu leak is the Choir Men from Rhythm heaven. If that turns out to be true, I'll believe the rest.

Given that there was a character from Rhythm Heaven spotted in Smash Run, it's likely true. Miis I thought were inevitable. Between the petition for Reggie as playable and the numerous character suggestions that didn't make sense (example: Elijah Wood), it just seemed like the natural solution to all of that. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were the highly unlikely ones.

Is there I picture of the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run? I'd really wanna see that :3
Also, like how people pointed out before, Rosalina & Luma wasn't in the leak so I'm still not convinced the leak is 100% true.

I definitely saw a picture of it online somewhere. I also saw bonkers from Kirby in there.

Edit: found it http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/7/73/Sneaky_Spirit_Smash_Run.png

Is there a video somewhere?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Little Mac is a beast, at E3 I didn't lose a single match when I was playing Little Mac. I also liked how Greninja played but I want more time with Roselina. She is going be harder to master

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SheldonRandoms

The Little Mac amiibo may look smaller compared to the others, but his heart, determination and sweat is what gives him the power to PUNCH-OUT!! the competition.............but it's mostly his sweat!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Nintendo6400

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

I don't think Miis were that likely at all. The only one I'm watching out for from the Gematsu leak is the Choir Men from Rhythm heaven. If that turns out to be true, I'll believe the rest.

Given that there was a character from Rhythm Heaven spotted in Smash Run, it's likely true. Miis I thought were inevitable. Between the petition for Reggie as playable and the numerous character suggestions that didn't make sense (example: Elijah Wood), it just seemed like the natural solution to all of that. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were the highly unlikely ones.

Is there I picture of the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run? I'd really wanna see that :3
Also, like how people pointed out before, Rosalina & Luma wasn't in the leak so I'm still not convinced the leak is 100% true.

I definitely saw a picture of it online somewhere. I also saw bonkers from Kirby in there.

Yes there is! Go on YouTube and type in "Rhythm Heaven sneaky spirit" it's about 20 sec and he uses little mac. Sorry I don't have the link to make it easier.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

KO-Cub

When I heard Bowser got a speed buff. I thought the idea of including Ike was pointless since Ike was one of the fastest heavy hitters in Brawl right after King Dedede with his fast strong attacks. We haven't seen much of Ike and know very little of whats new with him, but if Bowser gets a speed buff and gets to keeps his montrous power. I should think Ike gets the same deal. I was stoked to see Ike in the Invitationals and only to find out he wasn't ready yet or something. I'm hoping the developers have something planned for Ike and other characters that not yet ready too.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Joeynator3000

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yes there is! Go on YouTube and type in "Rhythm Heaven sneaky spirit" it's about 20 sec and he uses little mac. Sorry I don't have the link to make it easier.

Didn't find one with Little Mac, but found the ghost. hopes for a Rhythm Heaven stage, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I always thought of wolf as a luigi type clone.

Oh my god.. WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT LUIGI BEING A CLONE?

Because he stopped being a clone in Melee and hasn't been a clone, since.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Joeynator3000

UGXwolf wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I always thought of wolf as a luigi type clone.

Oh my god.. WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT LUIGI BEING A CLONE?

Because he stopped being a clone in Melee and hasn't been a clone, since.

Really, the only things they have in common now is the Fireballs and that Super Jump move.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Shirma_Akayaku

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Didn't find one with Little Mac, but found the ghost. hopes for a Rhythm Heaven stage, lol

Rosalina wrote:

Fixed the video @Xiao_Pai.

I found the video with the ghost and Lil' Mac:

I gotta say, this was kinda funny. I wonder why I never encountered this in-game...
Sneaky Spirit Origins

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

SCRAPPER392

So I went to the Best Buy event. I had to wait like 3 hours for a total of 4 play sessions, and got a Smash Bros. logo pin button. They refined the gameplay and brought the physics engine up to date. I only had the option to play Smash run on 3Ds, which did include a match against CPUs, but I didn't get that long of a time to play on 3DS, but what I did play was great. The game is smooth and looks great. I think it looks better than the Wii, but this is my opinion, especially because of the 3D effect.

The music for choosing your character is a throwback to the first Smash Bros, and everything looks great in HD. Playing on the Pro controller is superb.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Shirma_Akayaku

Here's the ghost from Rhythm Heaven in action.
Untitled
"If you still have doubts about if Sal Romano is legit or not, you drop those now."

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Tsuchinoko

Rosalina wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Fixed the video @Xiao_Pai.

I found the video with the ghost and Lil' Mac:

I gotta say, this was kinda funny. I wonder why I never encountered this in-game...
Sneaky Spirit Origins

I don't remember if the spirit was in the GBA version, though I'm sure he was, but he was in the arcade game. He wasn't in the DS game though.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Kewlan

I feel like a Rhythm Heaven character would be very out of place... convince me that I'm wrong?
Also, dat character select theme..! Does anyone know where I can listen to the official song?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

I feel like a Rhythm Heaven character would be very out of place... convince me that I'm wrong?
Also, dat character select theme..! Does anyone know where I can listen to the official song?

Game & Watch begs to differ.

Romeo

so.. im still confused
they've briefly shown us game & watch, but haven't confirmed him

what exactly does that mean?
if they wanted to give us a teaser and reveal him at a later date.. it was too much for that, we all clearly know that it was game & watch, so i don't really expect them to reveal him in the next couple of weeks

could it imply that he won't be a playable character this time around?
or maybe they simply didn't have proper gameplay footage yet and we can expect Nintendo to properly announce him soon?

Romeo

Kewlan

UGXwolf wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

All characters added so far and Game & Watch has a reason to be in. Game & Watch was among (if not) their first characters, right? And all other characters added so far are from Nintendo's main games, right? Rhythm Heaven is just a smaller title, but don't get me wrong, I loved the Wii one.
But I gotta admit though, attacking your opponents with rhythm would be really cool.

@Romeo It's probably to create a discussion, as usual. And you fell into it!

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

All characters added so far and Game & Watch has a reason to be in. Game & Watch was among (if not) their first characters, right? And all other characters added so far are from Nintendo's main games, right? Rhythm Heaven is just a smaller title, but don't get me wrong, I loved the Wii one.
But I gotta admit though, attacking your opponents with rhythm would be really cool.

@Romeo It's probably to create a discussion, as usual. And you fell into it!

Rhythm Heaven has a pretty fond following, and one look at any of the YouTube parodies is enough to see that following wants to be vocal about it. Add that to the fact that Sakurai is willing to throw really anyone interesting in to shake things up and the fact that a rhythm-based character would actually be an extremely cool and unique meta and you have more than enough reason to add a character from Rhythm Heaven. Not to mention that like Game & Watch and Pac-Man, Marshal can be representative of a lot of characters, either by shape-shifting or by using their abilities, himself.

My point with Game & Watch wasn't prominence, by the way, it was aesthetic.

KO-Cub

@Kewlan
I dunno about a rythm character. Ballon Fight is a small title, old, one game and one of the firsts and has only been seen as a trophy in smash bros. Unlike Ice Climbers which had the same deal. 1 game, one of the firsts and also old, but made as playable characters twice.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Romeo
I have a good feeling G&W will be back. Just a matter of time.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Kewlan

I'm convinced now. Marshall needs to be added, but only if his attacks require some sort of rhythm.
And like you said, @UGXwolf, I think the other characters from the series need to make some sort of appearance with his attacks.
I trust Sakurai, though. They always make the characters turn out good! At least, so far.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic