Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,381 to 8,400 of 27,917

Eel

I think I actually saw Mr Ressetti as a background character in the Town & City stage during the stream/ or in gamexplain videos.

So maybe he is not an assist now?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

DestinyMan wrote:

@Moorpheel: You're not confusing Mr. Resetti with his brother Don Resetti, are you? Don is taller and skinnier.

I have considered that, but it looked more like Resetti during the brief moments I saw him.

It could be Don, though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - I have seen Hammer Bros return, their hammers bounce on the ground now for increased range. I still think an Advance Wars rep and WarioWare rep could happen and/or be revealed.

Speaking of NPCs though, remember the Smash Teams we've faced over the years? 64's Polygon Team, Melee's Wireframe Team and Brawl's Alloy Team? I think Smash 4 may have a Mii Team to continue the tradition, judging by the most recent 3DS E3 trailer. 34 seconds in, you see a quick clip of Little Mac fighting Mii Fighters spawning in and the top-left of the screen shows Mii faces (for many you need to KO, I presume).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

2Sang

Marshall from rhythm heaven is basically confirmed since the gematsu leak has been very accurate so far and also that a rhythm heaven enemy has been spotted in smash run.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

DestinyMan wrote:

I've read that Hammer Bro. and Lakitu and Spinies are back as assist trophies.

So the only Brawl assist trophies that haven't been confirmed yet are:
1. Barbara the Bat
2. Custom Robo
3. Excitebiker
4. Gray Fox
5. Helirin
6. Infantry and Tanks
7. Isaac
8. Jeff
9. Kat & Ana
10. Mr. Resetti

If they're returning so many Brawl assist trophies, they might as well bring them all back except for Gray Fox since Snake's chances are now moot thanks to Pac-Man, though like Little Mac there may still be one or two more who could be promoted.

Of those, I think Isaac is the most likely to get an upgrade. He's a fan favorite, he's had a fairly recent game, and he's a requested character.

Other than him, I don't see any other upgrades.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tsuchinoko

I really hope Jeff, the Infantry, and Custom-robo come back.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Nintendo6400

I would love to go to smash fest again, but I have a wedding to go too. For those of you going again have fun! And maybe record a few matches. I forgot to record my one and only match -_-

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Arminillo

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I would love to go to smash fest again, but I have a wedding to go too. For those of you going again have fun! And maybe record a few matches. I forgot to record my one and only match -_-

I was specifically told not to.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

MrWalkieTalkie

2Sang wrote:

Marshall from rhythm heaven is basically confirmed since the gematsu leak has been very accurate so far and also that a rhythm heaven enemy has been spotted in smash run.

I certainly hope so! I'd love to see him in Smash! Something about his simplistic design I just find charming.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

FriedSquid

I'm starting to wonder if we could see an Inkling (the Splatoon characters, if you didn't catch it) as an Assist Trophy... I wouldn't say the IP warrants a playable fighter now, but an Assist Trophy would be much more feasible.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Toad160

About the Best Buy Promotion tomorrow- I was planning on driving up to good ole Lexington, Kentucky to check out the game and see how it fares in person. Do you guys think that the gold coin promotion will still be available tomorrow? And how much does it cost to preorder (like at Gamestop it's a $5 minimum)?

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

Retro_on_theGo

The gold coin will probably become a collectible. It's only $5 to preorder so it's not a bad deal. I didn't bother though. It'll still be there Saturday. Nintendo said so on their Facebook today. If anyone's going tomorrow I recommend getting there a solid 2 hours early. I went on a week day and it was packed can't imagine what it will be like on a Saturday.

IceClimbers

So, 8/11 of the newcomers in the Gematsu leak have been confirmed. I'm convinced it's legit now. Only three left are Chrom, Shulk, and the Choir Men, correct?

Anyway, in the Smash Bros Direct, there were those 4 trophy quizzes, one of which was Pseudo-Palutena. Pseudo-Palutena was shown in a way to troll us into thinking Palutena was a trophy, and then teasing us about her inclusion as a fighter. Now Palutena's confirmed. The other three quizzes were for Fire Emblem, Zelda, and Metroid. This suggests that there will be newcomers from those three series. So Chrom, a Zelda newcomer, and a Metroid newcomer.

In Brawl, there were 6 Pokemon reps, as Sakurai always considered Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur to be separate characters. Transformations are gone, and Charizard is back. Greninja seems to have replaced Squirtle. So that leaves two Pokemon spots, one for Jigglypuff and one for a Grass type starter.

So we can conclude that some of the newcomers are likely to be Chrom, Shulk, Choir Men, a Zelda newcomer, a Metroid newcomer, and a Grass type starter Pokemon.

Sakurai practically confirmed Mr Game & Watch in Pac-Man's reveal trailer. Captain Falcon and Ness are part of the original 12, so they'll come back. Waluigi and Ashley were both shown to have the Wario symbol, so Wario is likely back. No reason to cut Falco, Ganondorf, or Meta Knight. The polar bear from Ice Climber is in Smash Run, so that likely means the Ice Climbers are back. ROB, Wolf, and Lucas are the ones I'm not sure about.

The Kremlings were seen in Smash Run, but I'm not sure that is a hint towards King K Rool's inclusion or not.

Thoughts?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Aviator

Smash fans sure do have an imagination.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

UGXwolf

IceClimbers wrote:

So, 8/11 of the newcomers in the Gematsu leak have been confirmed. I'm convinced it's legit now. Only three left are Chrom, Shulk, and the Choir Men, correct?

Anyway, in the Smash Bros Direct, there were those 4 trophy quizzes, one of which was Pseudo-Palutena. Pseudo-Palutena was shown in a way to troll us into thinking Palutena was a trophy, and then teasing us about her inclusion as a fighter. Now Palutena's confirmed. The other three quizzes were for Fire Emblem, Zelda, and Metroid. This suggests that there will be newcomers from those three series. So Chrom, a Zelda newcomer, and a Metroid newcomer.

In Brawl, there were 6 Pokemon reps, as Sakurai always considered Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur to be separate characters. Transformations are gone, and Charizard is back. Greninja seems to have replaced Squirtle. So that leaves two Pokemon spots, one for Jigglypuff and one for a Grass type starter.

So we can conclude that some of the newcomers are likely to be Chrom, Shulk, Choir Men, a Zelda newcomer, a Metroid newcomer, and a Grass type starter Pokemon.

Sakurai practically confirmed Mr Game & Watch in Pac-Man's reveal trailer. Captain Falcon and Ness are part of the original 12, so they'll come back. Waluigi and Ashley were both shown to have the Wario symbol, so Wario is likely back. No reason to cut Falco, Ganondorf, or Meta Knight. The polar bear from Ice Climber is in Smash Run, so that likely means the Ice Climbers are back. ROB, Wolf, and Lucas are the ones I'm not sure about.

The Kremlings were seen in Smash Run, but I'm not sure that is a hint towards King K Rool's inclusion or not.

Thoughts?

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

Beyond that, Chrom is practically guaranteed and Shulk is pretty likely, too, considering Xenoblade Chronicles X is the official name of Monolithsoft's new game. Marshall is the only thing that would confirm this for me, which is too bad, as it's the most likely to not be revealed, at all.

That said, I don't contest Marshall's inclusion. I'd love to see a moveset based on a ton of Rhythm Heaven mini-games, and potentially becoming more effective with good rhythm.

As for the trophies, Chrom obviously covers FE, but I would argue that Sheik and Zero Suit cover Zelda and Metroid. While I could still see Ridley being secretly playable, I can't see them adding a sixth Zelda rep, unless we're also getting a sixth Poke'mon and a sixth Mario rep.

Brawl had four Poke'mon reps, because while there WERE six Poke'mon, three of them were essentially one character and Red (PKMN Trainer) was the actual Poke'mon rep. Besides, the numbers game doesn't always work or even agree with itself. Poke'mon has never had more on-screen slots than Mario, so relying on either of these patterns isn't really a smart move.

As for returning characters, I've argued this many times, and I'll probably argue it until they appear in the game. Lucas is the most recent character for the Mother series AND WAS EVEN GOING TO REPLACE NESS IN BRAWL. They're not getting rid of Lucas. And with a new Star Fox confirmed, there's absolutely no reason to consider dropping the Star Fox roster unless you're gonna cut both Falco AND Wolf (because the clone argument doesn't work on Wolf unless you're planning to cut Falco, too. Not that the clone argument works at all, seeing as Toon Link is still present.) ROB is the only odd ball here. I see no reason for them to cut him, but I also see no reason for them to go out of their way to bring him back. Update his model and bring his moveset over and he's just fine. He's unique enough to warrant a return, same as Game & Watch.

Finally, I absolutely guarantee that the Kremlings point to K. Rool's inclusion in this game HOWEVER! I don't know if that necessarily means he'll be playable. He may be a boss or an assist trophy. I could see Marshall being an assist trophy, too, though I still would love to see a rhythm-based character, and Smash has seemingly ignored Rhythm Heaven altogether, thus far. (Correct me, if I'm wrong.)

So what does this mean to the Character roster? Well, let's assume Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are the only ones getting the boot. That brings the roster down from 39 to 36. Now add all known newcomers--nine, including E3's slew of reveals. That's 45. Add spots for the three remaining characters from the Gematsu leak (because even if Marshall is a dud, I can imagine at least one more totally random, off-the-wall newcomer. Just seems pretty clear to me) and we have 48 slots. I can't imagine this is the end of it, but that makes anything from 48 to 52 a reasonable roster size, given our current information.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still taking the Gematsu leak with a grain of salt. Palutena, Pac-man, and Miis were all extremely likely, no matter how I contested their inclusion, before. Even if they weren't likely inclusions, a ton of people were already convinced these three would make it. If I wasn't convinced before E3, I'm certainly not convinced, now. Wii Fit Trainer still stands as the strongest argument for the Gematsu leak.

Beyond that, Chrom is practically guaranteed and Shulk is pretty likely, too, considering Xenoblade Chronicles X is the official name of Monolithsoft's new game. Marshall is the only thing that would confirm this for me, which is too bad, as it's the most likely to not be revealed, at all.

That said, I don't contest Marshall's inclusion. I'd love to see a moveset based on a ton of Rhythm Heaven mini-games, and potentially becoming more effective with good rhythm.

As for the trophies, Chrom obviously covers FE, but I would argue that Sheik and Zero Suit cover Zelda and Metroid. While I could still see Ridley being secretly playable, I can't see them adding a sixth Zelda rep, unless we're also getting a sixth Poke'mon and a sixth Mario rep.

Brawl had four Poke'mon reps, because while there WERE six Poke'mon, three of them were essentially one character and Red (PKMN Trainer) was the actual Poke'mon rep. Besides, the numbers game doesn't always work or even agree with itself. Poke'mon has never had more on-screen slots than Mario, so relying on either of these patterns isn't really a smart move.

As for returning characters, I've argued this many times, and I'll probably argue it until they appear in the game. Lucas is the most recent character for the Mother series AND WAS EVEN GOING TO REPLACE NESS IN BRAWL. They're not getting rid of Lucas. And with a new Star Fox confirmed, there's absolutely no reason to consider dropping the Star Fox roster unless you're gonna cut both Falco AND Wolf (because the clone argument doesn't work on Wolf unless you're planning to cut Falco, too. Not that the clone argument works at all, seeing as Toon Link is still present.) ROB is the only odd ball here. I see no reason for them to cut him, but I also see no reason for them to go out of their way to bring him back. Update his model and bring his moveset over and he's just fine. He's unique enough to warrant a return, same as Game & Watch.

Finally, I absolutely guarantee that the Kremlings point to K. Rool's inclusion in this game HOWEVER! I don't know if that necessarily means he'll be playable. He may be a boss or an assist trophy. I could see Marshall being an assist trophy, too, though I still would love to see a rhythm-based character, and Smash has seemingly ignored Rhythm Heaven altogether, thus far. (Correct me, if I'm wrong.)

So what does this mean to the Character roster? Well, let's assume Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are the only ones getting the boot. That brings the roster down from 39 to 36. Now add all known newcomers--nine, including E3's slew of reveals. That's 45. Add spots for the three remaining characters from the Gematsu leak (because even if Marshall is a dud, I can imagine at least one more totally random, off-the-wall newcomer. Just seems pretty clear to me) and we have 48 slots. I can't imagine this is the end of it, but that makes anything from 48 to 52 a reasonable roster size, given our current information.

I like what your saying. That the character slots should be evened between houses. I feel that the the Mario House should get priority on the character size. Mario did start Nintendo off with a bang. Untill the Mario House increases in size, the Zelda and Pokemon Houses and even the other franchises should stay even leveled at 5 or less also.

Ganondorf seems like a good stab for the Zelda house but that means that they didn't really change from Brawl except Sheik being his/her own character. Unless they really changed Ganondorfs moveset, it'll be boring and a waste until the Mario house increases for another character. They can do so much more with Ganondorf. Ganondorf is a great villian rep. Even Ghirahim seems like a decent idea in spot of Ganondorf with much better magic moveset ideas. But I don't like the idea of a great rep for the Zelda house to be removed. Even when Ganondorf didn't really go that far good in Brawl.

I heard IceClimbers talk about the Pokemon Trainer. Charizard is back, Greninja replacing Squirtle and then a replacement for the Grass Ivysaur. Untill Mario increases or Sakurai decides "Why not?" I'm going all in on Jigglypuff. An intense, easy ko'able, round, reacuring air fighter that requires alot of skill is still a unique idea and the fact at the time of Smash Bros 64, Jiggly was pretty famous. The idea of a grass starter just for the Fire/Water/Grass thing is kinda silly but could happen. I don't like the idea of Sceptile but it got a Mega Evolution recently and to advertise on the WiiU or 3DS would get people into OR and AS. I could be deadly wrong tho.

Now the idea of including new characters that house with the quiz franchises is something I never thought about and so far we've had a Zelda and Metroid rep and the Pseudo-Palutena then leaded to Palutena being a playable character so far. You still have to remember that Zero Suit and Sheik was to be there own seperate characters due to the removing the tranformation idea, not the quiz's. Cause Charizard is included with Sheik and ZS too. But if the quiz idea still stands. I have two theories that may make you think alittle more. Palutena reps the KI:U Trophy but with Sheik, ZS being put in for the tranformation reasons. 1 more rep for the Metroid and Zelda houses can enter too. Meaning 1 for FE, Metroid and Zelda maybe yet to be confirmed. Now the second theory. If Sheik and ZS were meant for the quiz's. That would leave FE, correct. Still at the time of the Smash exclusive direct. The only FE rep was Marth. Now Ike is confirmed and that could have been our FE rep from the trophy quiz. If anything. I rather Chrom as an assist or have someone else like Ephraim with a lance perhaps. Cause ya know. Swords play is starting to get mainstream.

Now I agree with you on the reacuring charcters. Saying Lucas wouldn't be kicked. A great character using more PSI attacks in the entire moveset than Ness is a good idea. Kicks Toon Links cloning moveset in the arse. The thought of Ness being kicked though is hard to see as I support the Original 12 rule and was the first character to be given a creative way of recovering on to the field than other characters. Also being a O12 rule prayer, I'm still voting for Jiggly, too. Meta K will stab in too and hopefully nerfed in alot of ways spam wise, speed wise and such. And yes, they wouldn't kick any of the Star Fox charcters. I only see 1 more Star Fox character being introduced actually. I'm not sure whom tho. Slippy would make a good toolbox character with all the gadgets. Giving Megaman a rival would be nice. But even Tails for the Sonic house is just as good toolbox idea. 1 Star Wolf crew member to increase villian variaty. I'm not a fan of Krystal at all, but she has a chance I. Mostly see Star Fox crew members being more of an assist than a playable characters. So I like the idea of another Star Wolf member. ROB 'IS' an oddball, but I like to think it deserves a spot on the roster due to being a playable Nintendo merchandise uhh.... thing. It wasn't a bad concept, so I like ROB.

Now the tally of the character roster. I to be honest don't want to much characters. I don't want there to be 56 characters and go "I don't know who to play now." with all the amazing game modes. That to me seems ungreatful with the incredible amount of effort that the developers put in. I mean, I play Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 with thier 80 freggin characters time and time and again, but after a while I don't seem know who I want to play as. They should keep it under 50 - 47 atleast. As long as no third party developer shouts out for snake and the Mario house keeping the franchise limit at five. But overall that I have said. I can be drastically wrong.

Also, the leak is strong in this one.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

MrWalkieTalkie

Squid wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if we could see an Inkling (the Splatoon characters, if you didn't catch it) as an Assist Trophy... I wouldn't say the IP warrants a playable fighter now, but an Assist Trophy would be much more feasible.

I feel like at the very least we'll get trophies based on Splatoon and maybe even Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and the game description will list "coming soon", like how Melee had some trophies based on games that haven't released yet like Animal Crossing & Cubivore

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Adam

CaviarMeths wrote:

Adam wrote:

Interesting that Palutena has extra custom moves like the Miis. I wonder why. People were saying they wouldn't have a logical move set for her, and now she actually has more moves than necessary. Way to show the haters, Lady.

According to the round table discussion, all characters will have customizable move sets.

I said more moves than necessary, i.e. more than most other characters. According to SmashBros.com, the Miis and Palutena have more custom moves available than the other characters do. For the Miis, I understand, because they need to be flexible to represent the person they are meant to be... but Palutena having extra moves is odd (though certainly welcome).

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, I don't see any place saying she has more options, just that her options are completely unique (i.e. not a variation of the same move, like how Mario has three different choices for the fireball).

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

Mickey wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

According to the round table discussion, all characters will have customizable move sets.

Christ, I hope that means I can get rid of F.L.U.D.D. in Mario's move set. >_< I could never make good use of that thing.

Nope. The alternatives are variations on the FLUDD, but you might like them better than the original, at least. At least, this is according to an image I saw

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic