Fire Emblem Awakening

Wii U
Skyward Sword
battlefield
smash boxing stage
Willy's Castle
Animal Crossing

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FireMario887

Here's what I think about the new characters:
Animal Crossing villager: Don't care about him
Mega Man: HYPE!
Wii Fit Trainer: No. Where's Waluigi and Giharim, this is not good...

FireMario887

GamecubeMan

Like I have said in pervious posts; the artstyle is really nice. It look polished and cartoony and they have use more vibrant colors. Brawl's was good but they tried too hard to make all the characters look modern. This artstyle on the other hand makes the game look like a Nintendo game.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

If you go on the official website and look at some of those screenshots, you can really see how amazing the character models look. The hair on Donkey Kong looks incredible, and I love the texture they used for Boswer's body.
Untitled

Untitled

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ernest_The_Crab

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I hope the game style is more similiar to Melee in terms of speed. I also love that Megaman got in, I really wanted him in this game. He also has the original series look and his movements take from his NES/NES-like outings. Literally everything I wanted him to be in SSB he is. He is going to be awesome. Oh, I hope the roster is more balanced this time around.

Try the first game in the series. It's by far the fastest of the 3. Fights were an extremely short affair since getting KO'd was very easy and most characters are faster than they are now. Items were also stronger back in the first Smash Bros with home-run bats taking about 1-2 seconds to swing and hammers killing people in 2 hits (1 if you were slightly high in % around the 60-70 range even lower if you were a light character).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

DreamyViridi

I'm loving what they did with Bowser. He doesn't just look like a fat turtle anymore.
Plus he can run!

Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I'm loving what they did with Bowser. He doesn't just look like a fat turtle anymore.
Plus he can run!

Untitled

I have to admit after the previous two games of having him hunched over, his new upright position will take a little getting used to.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GamecubeMan

Chrom or Walugi better be playable characters. Especially since the stupid Wii Fit lady made the cut.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

DreamyViridi

GamecubeLad wrote:

Chrom or Walugi better be playable characters. Especially since the stupid Wii Fit lady made the cut.

WFT (Wii Fit Trainer) is, what I feel, the R.O.B. of this Smash Bros. She's an unexpected (and somewhat obscure) character and that's her appeal. In fact, I heard in an interview that the reason she's in is because nobody requested her. IMO, Chrom is almost a given but Waluigi is not. Personally, I don't want him in and the amount of requests for him is making him too big for his oddly-shaped boots. If everybody ignored him being a possible playable character; he'd have more of a chance but right now, I doubt it.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

JoyBoy

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Plus he can run!

Untitled

I have to admit after the previous two games of having him hunched over, his new upright position will take a little getting used to.

LoL bowser went to the gym. He looks really athletic now. Also The villager is awesome, where is that picture of brawl where you can see him learning the ropes?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GamecubeMan

Thats so sad, the developers are lookin for character that are the least requested?!?! I wont doubt it though.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

JoyBoy

Don't you just love the fact that wii fit trainer is in the game... lol talking about self-mockery.

Everybody asking for cool and awesome characters. And then suddenly BAM in your face! Wii fit trainer! loool that's pure genius

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Snagrio

Sony_70 wrote:

Anyone keeping a tally of stages

3DS
Spirit Tracks
3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Nintendodogs
Fire Emblem Awakening

Wii U
Skyward Sword
battlefield
smash boxing stage
Willy's Castle
Animal Crossing

Where do you see a Fire Emblem: Awakening stage? I've looked through all the screenshots and haven't found it. Hope there is one though, since that would mean Chrom's chances of getting in are very high.

Snagrio

GamecubeMan

I heard 3D Land's main theme in one of the stages in the developer video. Not that I care about that lame pathetic exccuse for a 3D Mario game but the stage itself is pretty cool. >:3

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Daggo

From NeoGaf:
Untitled

Daggo

DreamyViridi

Dev wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Plus he can run!

Untitled

I like his new look; it's more faithful to his actual appearance. His old hunched appearance just looks weird in comparison.

I agree. I like how he looks more like the 'Bowser' he is today. The one problem I had with Melee was how Bowser and Yoshi looked.

Mario Maker Levels

Snagrio

Daggo wrote:

From NeoGaf:
Untitled

Ah, now I see. I kept thinking it was a temple stage from Zelda or (the inside of) a jungle hut from DKCR. And for a second I thought that was Chrom in SSB, then I did a double take.

Snagrio

FireMario887

Why is Samus getting beat up in every SSBU and 3D video I see? This is just torture...

FireMario887

Mickey

@Varia01 I know! If anything, the Villager should be getting his butt kicked. Samus is a trained bounty hunter, the Villager chopped down a tree once. Though I doubt people would have been pleased with seeing their player character getting his butt kicked.

PS: I joined the Smash Bros. 4 Avatar Club!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

FireMario887

@Mickey: Very true, that is probably what I mean. Thanks for proving my point. Samus was highly trained by the Chozo in combat more skilled than other fighting styles. Her armor is tough too. She should be able to obliterate those unprepared for battle. If I play this (I hope so), I'll avenge Samus by playing her against the Animal Crossing villager to prove she's tougher. Even without the suit, Samus can beat up most of the other fighters! EDIT: Neat avatar; those Smash Bros. avatars are really neat. I like this new Samus one I found, for it has more detail than Samus from Other M.

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic