Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 401 to 420 of 15,087

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

401. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I liked Brawl best, as much as people would like to say Melee is best. The physics on the characters were better, because they were all floaty and cartoonish, but Brawl is best IMO. There was so much more to do than Melee. I'm really looking forward to the 4th one. I adapted to the Classic controller pro easily, so I already have 4 regular remotes to play, but I'll probably get 4 Pro controllers by then, especially if they make good use of the stick buttons.

I too enjoyed Brawl the best. The only thing I didn't like was tripping

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

402. Posted:

Yes. Tripping was ridiculous. Does anyone know why that even happens? For some reason, I would always trip the most everytime I played with my friends and brother. I would win 90% of the time against everyone I knew, but tripping made it alot harder...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

403. Posted:

Also. In my last post, I DID NOT like the physics and cartoon animations, but I still consider it the best(Brawl).

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

404. Posted:

Brawl is my favorite as well, i didn't like the tripping either.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

405. Posted:

Yeah, the whole tripping thing was the only real flaw for me. Besides moments where it makes sense (such as banana peels and certain attacks from other characters or items), it was pointless. The floaty physics thing never bothered me though. If anything, I prefer it to Melee's heavier feel.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

406. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Yeah, the whole tripping thing was the only real flaw for me. Besides moments where it makes sense (such as banana peels and certain attacks from other characters or items), it was pointless. The floaty physics thing never bothered me though. If anything, I prefer it to Melee's heavier feel.

Yeah, random tripping annoyed me. Banana peels made sense but a random inexplicable trip could make the difference in a serious match, it was a silly feature. I enjoyed the floaty physics as well, it made aerial fights more common.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

407. Posted:

I myself never had an instance where tripping was too big a nuisance, but I understand it's worthlessness all the same. I wouldn't consider it a flaw in the game myself...

Anyway, I just hope the new SSB doesn't take the PS All-Stars path and have too many 3rd Party characters, and try to make it more of a serious game. SSB's fun comes from it's frenzy-party styled battles. (Though you all already knew that.)

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

408. Posted:

For sure. Nintendo needs to worry about getting everything strictly Nintendo in the game before Sonic, Snake, etc. possible characters make an appearance. It was cool having Sonic, but Snake was kinda bad in some cases. His grenades, clamore, and C4 weapons hurt anyone, including himself, or his team. I'd rather have Little Mac, Saki, and other possible characters over those anyday. I'm sure they doing a good job, and we'll probably see something about it at E3.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

409. Posted:

Sakurai has said that there will be very little 3rd party, so I'm pretty sure we've got nothing to worry about, since anything the man says concerning the games he works on goes.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Jakor

410. Posted:

Just letting you know that the version 4.0 of the Roster Maker is now available! For those interested, see this link: http://smashboards.com/threads/320445/

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14277009#post14277009

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

411. Posted:

Jakor wrote:

Just letting you know that the version 4.0 of the Roster Maker is now available! For those interested, see this link: http://smashboards.com/threads/320445/

Wow, thanks! This looks cool :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

412. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Sakurai has said that there will be very little 3rd party, so I'm pretty sure we've got nothing to worry about, since anything the man says concerning the games he works on goes.

When did he say that?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

413. Posted:

I'm just wondering what Namco is doing to help. I have Tekken for Wii U, and it's the best fighting game IMO right now. The graphics, audio, gameplay, and other features are really good. I'd say it's a good thing that Namco is helping.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

414. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm just wondering what Namco is doing to help. I have Tekken for Wii U, and it's the best fighting game IMO right now. The graphics, audio, gameplay, and other features are really good. I'd say it's a good thing that Namco is helping.

Namco is pretty much just lending their team. Sakurai is still in charge so I doubt Namco's involvement will change much other than cut down on development time. Not that it's a bad thing, I am all for giving Sakurai full creative control, he's a genius. I'd be surprised if Namco's involvement changes much though, other than maybe one or two Namco characters as special guests, perhaps Pac-Man and the original maze as a stage? I'd personal prefer a Tales character but I feel a classic character is more likely.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

415. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

When did he say that?

I guess I worded that wrong. What he said was more like 3rd party is going to be minor (like in Brawl with two or so characters) and not be the main focus. In other words, there will be some non-Nintendo slots, but for the most part (as it should be) the roster will consist of 1st party franchises. As for when he said that, it was sometime last year, don't remember exactly when though.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

416. Posted:

@ShadVJ
Yes I understand it can cut down development time, and they are basically lending a hand, but even if they let one Namco developer start helping graphic and gameplay design, were bound to get some aspects from Tekken in the game. Just like Street Fighter X Tekken, but that was more bluntly a crossover. I think we could see some aspects of Tekken like graphics and gamplay. I mean really, we all know Nintendo is the main driving force, but Namco realizes ther responsibiliy to make the game as best as they can from their experience, which my guess would be Tekken development.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Tate24

417. Posted:

Is this new Super Smash Bros Universe box art for Wii U & 3DS ? If look closely you see mega man, knuckles, bowser Jr, and sonic. And few other surprise’s :)

http://vgboxart.com/viewfullsize/46757/Super%20Smash%20Bros.%...

Game collection - Mario Kart 8, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, MHU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Black op 2, NFS: MW, Nintendo Land.

Here my dream code for anyone who wants visit my town in AC: New Leaf - Town - ARCADIA - 6400-2151-7063

You can also follow me on tumblr :)
lw28.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

418. Posted:

Of course, it isn't... -.-
You don't seriously believe that, do you?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

419. Posted:

Clearly fanmade. Goodness I can't wait till E3 when we get some actual OFFICIAL stuff on this instead of wishful images... :p

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

420. Posted:

Y'know what? For the next Smash Bros., they should implement a "Past Stages" section, and it would have different stages from each of the past games in the series. It could all be in there along with the new stages (Melee style) (and say both the game it's based on, and which SSB game it's from) or have a whole nother section for it (Brawl style). And maybe they could all use the My Music function, with there being new remixes.

I would love to see Mushroom Kingdom (N64), Fourside (Melee), and Pirate Ship (Brawl) return, personally.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97