Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 27,917

ShadJV

WingedFish wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

They also said there would be a demo i believe. I want a trailer like brawl's the most.

They never said what there will be, the Internet has jumped to assumptions like always. Samurai simply said the Smash Bros title will appear at E3, nothing on whether that's screenshots, a trailer, or a demo.

True. When it comes to games with as big a reputation of Smash Bros. people quickly jump to assumptions in terms of when it comes out, who's in it, ect. Can't blame them though.

Yep, and unfortunately this is how rumors start and then people get upset when the company doesn't follow through. I'm excited for the game too and would love a playable demo but doubt we'll see that much at E3, maybe a trailer at most.

Which is unfair to the developers. Like Sakurai can simply say "hello" online, and everybody goes absolutely nuts firing off questions about a game that's not even halfway done yet. And then when the first bits of actual news comes in, the masses whine about something or another when such ideas that they've come up with clearly were never meant to be put in to begin with. I guess that's the downside of a majorly popular series.

I agree wholeheartedly. I definitely feel bad for Sakurai there, too. I really look up to him as a developer, so when people start to assume things are announced that aren't, I try to put it back into perspective, he gets enough unwarranted complaints from rumors. Either way he won't keep us waiting for any silly reasons like Ubisoft, it'll be out when it's ready and it will be an amazing game, I feel certain about that (especially after how well Kid Icarus Uprising turned out).

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Snagrio

ShadJV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

They also said there would be a demo i believe. I want a trailer like brawl's the most.

They never said what there will be, the Internet has jumped to assumptions like always. Samurai simply said the Smash Bros title will appear at E3, nothing on whether that's screenshots, a trailer, or a demo.

True. When it comes to games with as big a reputation of Smash Bros. people quickly jump to assumptions in terms of when it comes out, who's in it, ect. Can't blame them though.

Yep, and unfortunately this is how rumors start and then people get upset when the company doesn't follow through. I'm excited for the game too and would love a playable demo but doubt we'll see that much at E3, maybe a trailer at most.

Which is unfair to the developers. Like Sakurai can simply say "hello" online, and everybody goes absolutely nuts firing off questions about a game that's not even halfway done yet. And then when the first bits of actual news comes in, the masses whine about something or another when such ideas that they've come up with clearly were never meant to be put in to begin with. I guess that's the downside of a majorly popular series.

I agree wholeheartedly. I definitely feel bad for Sakurai there, too. I really look up to him as a developer, so when people start to assume things are announced that aren't, I try to put it back into perspective, he gets enough unwarranted complaints from rumors. Either way he won't keep us waiting for any silly reasons like Ubisoft, it'll be out when it's ready and it will be an amazing game, I feel certain about that (especially after how well Kid Icarus Uprising turned out).

Of course I'm bracing for the inevitable delays. But Sakurai delays games for a good reason: perfection. Unlike, well, you know, a certain company...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Late

ShadJV wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Objection! Iwata clearly quotes Sakurai by saying: "First game screens of the new Smash Bros. at this year's E3". And here's the evidence. He says it right here at 23:48. In other words he promised us screenshots of the game.
I've been playing some Phoenix Wright lately. I just had to do it this way.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

zoroarkrules25

CM30 wrote:

But come on, they're not going to show still pictures at E3. That'd just suck.

Ya i think it is more of them trying to keep it secret, like this: hey were going to show some pictures of ssb4 at E3. E3 comes around and we get gameplay or a trailer most likely. I am betting more on a trailer because they have always done that and the trailers for smash bros always give them the most fame from E3.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Snagrio

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

CM30 wrote:

But come on, they're not going to show still pictures at E3. That'd just suck.

Ya i think it is more of them trying to keep it secret, like this: hey were going to show some pictures of ssb4 at E3. E3 comes around and we get gameplay or a trailer most likely. I am betting more on a trailer because they have always done that and the trailers for smash bros always give them the most fame from E3.

Yeah, I can just hear the roaring crowd when the title first appears on the screen. It's going to be crazy.

Snagrio

zoroarkrules25

Ya, i remember watching E3 and the first like 20 seconds into Brawl's trailer was a lot of cheering, i was to.

CM30

I suspect the reaction will be like the Twilight Princess announcement one:

Quite fitting considering that we're getting not one but at least THREE big games shown off at E3. This, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, maybe even the new Wii U Zelda game. The crowd's going to go wild!

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Snagrio

One thing's for sure, this E3 is going to blast the last three or so completely out of the water.

Snagrio

rallydefault

Let's hope!

The more I think about the New Smash Bros., the more nostalgic I get and the more fond memories come rushing back. Well... mostly fond. Sometimes tempers flared between roommates during heated matches lol

I actually haven't even played the Smash Bros. on the Wii, so it has truly been a long time for me.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

I liked Brawl best, as much as people would like to say Melee is best. The physics on the characters were better, because they were all floaty and cartoonish, but Brawl is best IMO. There was so much more to do than Melee. I'm really looking forward to the 4th one. I adapted to the Classic controller pro easily, so I already have 4 regular remotes to play, but I'll probably get 4 Pro controllers by then, especially if they make good use of the stick buttons.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

I liked Brawl best, as much as people would like to say Melee is best. The physics on the characters were better, because they were all floaty and cartoonish, but Brawl is best IMO. There was so much more to do than Melee. I'm really looking forward to the 4th one. I adapted to the Classic controller pro easily, so I already have 4 regular remotes to play, but I'll probably get 4 Pro controllers by then, especially if they make good use of the stick buttons.

I too enjoyed Brawl the best. The only thing I didn't like was tripping

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

Yes. Tripping was ridiculous. Does anyone know why that even happens? For some reason, I would always trip the most everytime I played with my friends and brother. I would win 90% of the time against everyone I knew, but tripping made it alot harder...

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Also. In my last post, I DID NOT like the physics and cartoon animations, but I still consider it the best(Brawl).

Qwest

zoroarkrules25

Brawl is my favorite as well, i didn't like the tripping either.

Snagrio

Yeah, the whole tripping thing was the only real flaw for me. Besides moments where it makes sense (such as banana peels and certain attacks from other characters or items), it was pointless. The floaty physics thing never bothered me though. If anything, I prefer it to Melee's heavier feel.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

ShadJV

WingedFish wrote:

Yeah, the whole tripping thing was the only real flaw for me. Besides moments where it makes sense (such as banana peels and certain attacks from other characters or items), it was pointless. The floaty physics thing never bothered me though. If anything, I prefer it to Melee's heavier feel.

Yeah, random tripping annoyed me. Banana peels made sense but a random inexplicable trip could make the difference in a serious match, it was a silly feature. I enjoyed the floaty physics as well, it made aerial fights more common.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

TysonOfTime

I myself never had an instance where tripping was too big a nuisance, but I understand it's worthlessness all the same. I wouldn't consider it a flaw in the game myself...

Anyway, I just hope the new SSB doesn't take the PS All-Stars path and have too many 3rd Party characters, and try to make it more of a serious game. SSB's fun comes from it's frenzy-party styled battles. (Though you all already knew that.)

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SCRAPPER392

For sure. Nintendo needs to worry about getting everything strictly Nintendo in the game before Sonic, Snake, etc. possible characters make an appearance. It was cool having Sonic, but Snake was kinda bad in some cases. His grenades, clamore, and C4 weapons hurt anyone, including himself, or his team. I'd rather have Little Mac, Saki, and other possible characters over those anyday. I'm sure they doing a good job, and we'll probably see something about it at E3.

Qwest

Snagrio

Sakurai has said that there will be very little 3rd party, so I'm pretty sure we've got nothing to worry about, since anything the man says concerning the games he works on goes.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic