Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,441 to 27,460 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

I understand people being disappointed Wulf or Snake or their faves didn't make it. I feel that way for no Koopalings in mario maker but looking forward to them in paper jam.

Rexcalibr

LzWinky

That Shulk user is a chump. He didn't back slash hard enough

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Then again, it's not as bad as killing Cloud with cans, pigeons and duck snaps

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

Were the non-Japanese directs subtitled or dubbed?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

yokokazuo

@Tsuchinoko Europe's had subtitles while NA's was dubbed. I believe that is usually how each region does their directs/presentations.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Tsuchinoko

@yokokazuo: interesting. I remember him saying something different than the quoted "last new character" bit in the Japanese direct. I have to look at it again.

Btw, first controversial Smash 5 prediction: Cloud is first cut.

TeeJay

It's WAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to be thinking about a hypothetical Smash 5. Let's just enjoy what we've got, hm?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

@TeeJay: oh, Im not being pessimistic or anything, totally objective. There's reasons.

faint

@Tsuchinoko: naaa just wait till squre gets a taste of that sweet sweet easy to make amiibo money. When they release the smash wiiu complete collection on the nx he will be there. We may even get paid dlc for sora.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Tsuchinoko

@faint: i honestly hope you're right, and that Konami comes crawling back and tries to get their collective life together and bring Snake in for the third-party party.

faint

@Tsuchinoko: I would even go as far to guess that square will get more money for every cloud amiibo sold than sega gets for sonic. Square has always been good at negotiations. This partnership will be very lucrative for them. All they have to do from here on out is sign papers and collect money. After how konami treated kojima I personally wouldn't want to work with them if I was Nintendo but who knows.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

veeflames

Does anyone know what "KBG" means? I'm going through the patch notes and I can't figure out what it means.
Also, It's about time Kirby got a buff.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Gridatttack

@VeeFlamesNL: KBG means Knock Back Growth.

Basically, how stronger the moves get when the opponent has more damage percent IIRC.

Happy about the patch. Shulk got buffed a lot again (less landing lag in aerials and more damage outputs almost all attacks)

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Tsuchinoko

That looks too much like The KGB, as in Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti.

Oh, can someone explain Dedede's changes? What exactly do they do?

UGXwolf

@VeeFlamesNL: Gridatttack pretty much has it. It's just the measure of how quickly the knockback on an attack builds based on the damage of the receiving opponent. For example, Fox's laser has no knockback growth (mostly cause it has no knockback), Mario's forward tilt has average/good KBG, and Ike's just about everything and Cloud's Final Touch have excellent KBG.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@faint: i honestly hope you're right, and that Konami comes crawling back and tries to get their collective life together and bring Snake in for the third-party party.

Nah, Snake needs to be exclusive to Pachinko machines...complete with pachinko insurance, horse armor, and lawyers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic