Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,461 to 27,480 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

Untitled

"Well, for STARTERS the characters are all over the place in the character select screen. Also, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? C'mon! Why would Sakurai bother wasting a character slot on two clones? Get real! They're going to be costumes, if anything. And why are there three Miis in their icon? What, are they supposed to be three fighters instead of just one? Also, Wii Fit Trainer? REALLY? "Greninja"? LOL! What, is that supposed to be the final evolution of Froakie? Nice try, buddy! Besides, it's obviously just a photo-shopped Little Mac. 8-Player Smash? HAH! In your dreams. That's just too good to be true, like Megaman and Ryu. I mean, c'mon! Crapcom hates Megaman, and why would Capcom get TWO reps? And then there's Cloud. FF VII wasn't even on a Nintendo console! Why would he get in instead of someone like Black Mage? And finally, is that a Gamecube Controller that Player 1 is using? The Wii U can't use Gamecube Controllers! Please...this is the fakest leak I've every seen! Next you'll be telling me that Bayonetta is in this and not K Rool!"

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

veeflames

@NintendoFan64: "And there are tons of anime Fire Emblem characters! What is this, Super Smash Fire Emblem Bros.? Hah. The guy who made this leak must love Fire Emblem, he might as well throw in the main dragon anime character in the Fire Emblem game that releases 4 years from now! There's no way this can be real! And why is Duck Hunt in the game? That dogs is probably the most hated protagonist in any game.
This leaker is quite the expert, though. This is just too impossible. 8 player Smash? Can the Wii U even handle that? HAHAAHA!"

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pootypie

Didn't they just barely make 8 player smash in?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wi...

I'd like to think this highlights the difference between our little group and other, larger gaming communities. I don't care about indie characters, but I still see the charm and appeal of Shovel Knight and Shantae.

I would hope that "I wanted all those characters to get in " would win by a vast majority.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

LadyCharlie

@NintendoFan64: MADNESS. What's next? "Ray-man?"

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

UGXwolf

@CharlieSmile: enter butthurt fanboy with stack of papers Hey, that's not fair. Rayman could totally join. Nintendo and Ubisoft are real close! See? I've compiled a list of games Ubisoft has put out on Nintendo systems in the last decade. This proves that Rayman is coming to Smash! I just know it! Certainly better than that glorified Sonic clone everyone keeps calling "Pacman."

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Retro_on_theGo

Is it February yet? I look at the cast right now and all I see is not Bayonetta. Aaahh I'm so excited!

TheGreatLord wrote:

Im sure if she was the ABSOLUTE #1 they wouldnt have added in "among realizable characters." I bet k rool was higher but sakurai in his defense would say "has not been in a dk game lately" or "character that will be in future games." He cant explain duck hunt, game and watch, or rob. I know they are iconic but they are so contradictory to sakurai's statements. Also nobody knew corrin yet he said "realizable characters," pretty funny. Im losing respect for him as he can be sooo twisted with his words.

Realizable clearly means as in there was no legal trouble getting the character. The top votes were probably Goku and Shrek. Not realizable at all. While Bayonetta is form Platinum who has a very close relationship with Nintendo right now.

Pootypie

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is it February yet? I look at the cast right now and all I see is not Bayonetta. Aaahh I'm so excited!

TheGreatLord wrote:

Im sure if she was the ABSOLUTE #1 they wouldnt have added in "among realizable characters." I bet k rool was higher but sakurai in his defense would say "has not been in a dk game lately" or "character that will be in future games." He cant explain duck hunt, game and watch, or rob. I know they are iconic but they are so contradictory to sakurai's statements. Also nobody knew corrin yet he said "realizable characters," pretty funny. Im losing respect for him as he can be sooo twisted with his words.

Realizable clearly means as in there was no legal trouble getting the character. The top votes were probably Goku and Shrek. Not realizable at all. While Bayonetta is form Platinum who has a very close relationship with Nintendo right now.

Speculation won't get us anywhere because we don't know the actual meaning behind him saying realizable characters. He didn't say what he meant behind that, so we can't be sure that it means legal trouble.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

If anyone is unhappy with Sakurai's reasons for anything, just replace the words with "I just felt like it, so nyah!"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Btw guys, this balance patch was amazing for Kirby, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Lucas, Shulk, Greninja/Gekkouga, and Robin/Reflet.

Lucas' tether is so much faster now!

And Samus and Zelda, the two most renown female cast characters have nothing. How can I tell, because They still didn't bother connecting that Jab of Samus's.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

-Green-

i'll probably pick up this game for my 3DS now.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NintendoFan64

Um...guys? Remember a while ago when that one guy got a broken copy of the game and all the characters looked...off?

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Um...guys? Remember a while ago when that one guy got a broken copy of the game and all the characters looked...off?

I don't know how he enjoys playing it like this, but the only way to fix thi is to get a new wii u. Shulk's abs seem more solid with this glitch though...

Pootypie

NintendoFan64

TheGreatLord wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I don't know how he enjoys playing it like this, but the only way to fix thi is to get a new wii u. Shulk's abs seem more solid with this glitch though...

I think the joy he gets out of this is just seeing how the characters look. Also, yeah, new Wii U. He needs one. Also, what would happen if he played against someone online? Would he look like that to them, or would it only look that way for him?

yokokazuo

Don't think I saw anyone comment about it on here, but has anyone noticed that Bayonetta is the first character to use an actual gun in Smash? I believe Sakurai didn't want actual guns in before or something which is why they are all explosion or energy based and why Snake didn't use any guns in Brawl. Don't know if it's related, but the Ray Gun in Smash 64 fired more like a real gun and had more gun-like sound effects, but it was changed to be more like a laser in later games.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

NintendoFan64

yokokazuo wrote:

Don't think I saw anyone comment about it on here, but has anyone noticed that Bayonetta is the first character to use an actual gun in Smash? I believe Sakurai didn't want actual guns in before or something which is why they are all explosion or energy based and why Snake didn't use any guns in Brawl. Don't know if it's related, but the Ray Gun in Smash 64 fired more like a real gun and had more gun-like sound effects, but it was changed to be more like a laser in later games.

I noticed that, too. Also, Kirby can now use guns his feet...does anyone have a gif of that part from the Direct?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

TeeJay

So I encountered a glitch while playing the 3DS version of Midgar.

I had just summoned that fire summon that tilts the entire level with a pillar of fire under the stage. The fire pillar hit the stage from underneath on the right side, tilting it to the left. At the same time, I was facing left and rolling to the right. I ended up phasing through the stage and instantly popping out underneath and dying.

Has anyone else encountered this glitch? Or is anyone able to duplicate it?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic