Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 27,421 to 27,440 of 27,917

LzWinky

He's certainly free to have his own opinion about a character, even if we don't agree with said opinion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

@LztheQuack: its not even the opinion, but the whining. UGXWolf has been wanting Wolf back since Smash 4 was announced. Lucas got cut too but I got him back. Did he say Lucas or any of the new characters suck? No, he was respectful, because he knows they have fans that are happy, or with me and him the situation could be reversed and we would have gotten Wolf instead of Lucas.

Thats the difference.

@UGXWolf and thank you for that. I legitimately hope that Wolf comes back in the next Smash.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

@TheGreatLord Wow. You are acting a bit salty here. I mean, I wanted K Rool and Wolf. Was I dissapointed with not getting them? A little. But you know what? I'm not going to get this upset over a videogame (besides, they can always be in Smash 5).

TheGreatLord wrote:

Im sure if she was the ABSOLUTE #1 they wouldnt have added in "among realizable characters." I bet k rool was higher but sakurai in his defense would say "has not been in a dk game lately" or "character that will be in future games." He cant explain duck hunt, game and watch, or rob. I know they are iconic but they are so contradictory to sakurai's statements. Also nobody knew corrin yet he said "realizable characters," pretty funny. Im losing respect for him as he can be sooo twisted with his words.

1. Has it ever occured to you that maybe when they said realizable characters, they were referring to characters that A) they could actually get the rights to, B) they could make a moveset out of, or C) weren't a complete joke like Cory and Shrek, as opposed to Sakurai just REALLY not wanting a character in? Bayonetta won. You're just going to have to deal with it. (Also, I love how you're suggesting that the Ballot was rigged just because you don't like a character. Nice...)
2. I'm pretty sure that Bayonetta is the only one to come out of the ballot (unless I'm mistaken), so that argument doesn't really apply to Corrin.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

martinskrtel37

TheGreatLord wrote:

Im done with bayonetta i wont download her. If i ever face her on for glory i will try my absolute hardest to destroy her.

key word there is try, you probably suck at smash if your emotional state posting about it is anything to go by

also wtf? corrin wasn't a part of the ballot so why did you mix up the thing sakurai said about recognised characters with corrin? lol, you're just getting upset at your own lack of comprehension!

yes, obviously K Rool voted higher than Bayonetta but everyone with a brain can see why K Rool isn't recognisable. he was nothing more than a meme that got out of hand, few people genuinely love that character, you in specific most certainly weren't alive until at least 5 years after that game came out! so don't pretend you're emotionally invested, in reality you got swept up with internet memes like every other kid. K Rool is as irrelevant as the Star Tropics guy people bring up. voting for K Rool was a joke that came out of this thinking: "lol Donkey Kong is da big Nintendo franchise but theres only like 2 Donkey Kongs so we need another guy from Donkey Kongs i know K Rool lol he'd be good let's make memes"

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Tsuchinoko

@NintendoFan64: seriously. Im bummed about no Wolf, but really sad that Snake is most likely never coming back, and that has nothing to do with Sakurai or Nintendo.

In college I played Brawl all the time with a friend of mine who loved Snake. We used to stay up and battle, and even had little inside jokes referencing our mains when we were out at school or in downtown. He passed away recently, and I wasn't sure if I wanted Snake to come back or not because it might have been weird hearing that music again.

Ill get over it. He would have loved Bayonetta and probably mained Ryu.

NintendoFan64

@Tsuchinoko It does suck that Snake most likely will never come back (because...well...Konami.), but anyways, yeah, some characters just can't happen. Bayonetta was a character that COULD happen, hence why she was among realizable characters. Also, sorry to hear that about your friend.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

Ok I may have gotten carried away a bit, but insulting me isn't going to make things any better. Also thank you for your kind compliment @Rexcalibr the person who complained about "too many sword fighters." Anyways if most people are happy about Bayonetta then that is what matters, the majority is happy about the addition over the minority. I just don't see how she won because I never saw so much support, which just threw me off completely. There weren't any polls she was leading in either, so it was also really unexpected. It's over now, if most people are happy then I'm happy for them since they got what they want. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about her inclusion, and to deal with that I won't download her.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

@LztheQuack: its not even the opinion, but the whining. UGXWolf has been wanting Wolf back since Smash 4 was announced. Lucas got cut too but I got him back. Did he say Lucas or any of the new characters suck? No, he was respectful, because he knows they have fans that are happy, or with me and him the situation could be reversed and we would have gotten Wolf instead of Lucas.

Thats the difference.

@UGXWolf and thank you for that. I legitimately hope that Wolf comes back in the next Smash.

There's a difference between angry for a character I wanted not coming back, and angry about a character I didn't like making it in. Which was the latter, I wasn't mad that K Rool made it in but I was mad at the fact that Bayonetta made it in. It would have been much different if someone else made it in. I didn't want Corrin or Cloud or but I never got mad at those characters?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

There is no better feeling (ha) than back slashing Cloud to death

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

@TheGreatLord: So I think the obvious question everyone thus far has completely failed to ask is this: Why are you so salty Bayonetta got in? What's the problem with her that no other character has bothered you this much about it?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Btw guys, this balance patch was amazing for Kirby, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Lucas, Shulk, Greninja/Gekkouga, and Robin/Reflet.

Lucas' tether is so much faster now!

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko: Don't forget Charizard and Dark Pit! The electroshock arm has amazing knockback now. Good for edgeguarding.

I love that they actually increased Mewtwo's run and walk speed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TeeJay

Ooh! What buffs did Robin get?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

@IceClimbers: The patch actually fixed issues that certain characters had.

Hopefully the February patch gives love to Duckhunt, Samus, Jigglypuff, Palutena, and Zelda. Maybe do a little something with Cloud's recovery.

@Teejay http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4)/1.1.3_changelog

EDIT that link keeps breaking. Try this one and click on the 1.1.3 patch link

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4-3DS)

2nd EDIT I don't know why I can't copy and paste those links. Sorry!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

CapeSmash

@TeeJay http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/

• Ftilt
    Size increased 4.0 -> 5.0, position tweaked
  • D-Smash
    FAF from frame 62 -> 57
  • Nair
    Hitbox 0/1 (both hits) size increased 4.0 -> 5.0, position tweaked
    Hitbox 2 (both hits) size increased 3.0 -> 5.0
  • Fair (Levin)
    Late hitbox size increased 1.5 -> 2.5, position tweaked
  • Dair (Levin)
    Early damage 10 -> 11
    Hitbox 1 (non-spike) angle 80 -> 70
    Both hitboxes size 4.0 -> 4.5
    Transition from early to middle hitboxes after 1 -> 2 frames
    Late hit damage 5.0 -> 8.0
    New late 6.0 damage hitbox added?
  • Nair (both)
    Landing Lag reduced 20 -> 18
  • Fair (both)
  • Bair (both)
    Landing Lag reduced 21 -> 19
  • Uair (both)
  • Dair (both)
    Landing Lag reduced 28 -> 26

EDIT: Oops, ninja'd

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

@CapeSmash: no, you win, because apparently I suck at technology.

TeeJay

So, hitbox increases and end lag decreases. Nice! Thanks guys

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

@TeeJay: actually, nearly every character that I listed had some sort of lag decrease/speed increase.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic