Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,241 to 25,260 of 27,917

Gridatttack

@NintendoFan64: I have thought of this.

Down air would be a fast fall attack, like toon links and bowser.

Neutral air would be when you rotate the piece.

Dunno for others.

Perhaps after doing a smash attack you rotate from the different pieces?

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

TeeJay

Undead_terror wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Also Mewtwo was a surprise wasn't he?

You know what they should attempt? a OC character for smash that uses every single character moveset, each random each time, even if you die, that would be pretty cool and other fighting games does it.

Looks like someone's been playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Checks Backloggery

Yup.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

Anyone know how smash bros is doing on sales? All I know is that Wii U and 3DS version combined sold over 10 million. Not sure the exact numbers though...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@TheGreatLord: A few numbers from VGChartz:

AS OF JULY 4TH:

Wii U has sold NEARLY 10 million units. (Compared to XO's 13.25mil, the Wii U actually isn't doing as poorly as people claim.)
Smash 3DS has sold around 6.3 million copies.
Smash Wii U has sold around 3.5 million copies.
Mario Kart 8 has sold around 5 million copies.
Splatoon has sold 1.23 million copies.
Super Mario 3D World has sole 3.43 million copies.

That should put things into perspective, I think.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Fazermint

So I guess I'm in the minority when I play For Glory to test my skills. The community seems to be obsessed with winning, with the majority of players focusing their playstyle on getting premature kills (edge-loitering for downsmashes, evade-and-chargebeam, cutting people off when they try to get up to the edge, etc.).

I don't even consider knocking someone out before they've got 100%. After all, where would the glory be in that? That does mean I often lose with about twice the damage given compared to my opponent...

Guess I'm old-fashioned.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Jazzer94

@Fazermint: Have to disagree, I don't see glory by insulting my opponent I go at them without holding back be that resulting in a last stock last hit win or a JV3 (or anywhere in between).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

@Fazermint: I go on For Glory on a regular basis to both test and improve myself as a Smash player. I don't closely watch the competitive scene of Smash nor do I consider myself a competitive smasher but I do check out the advanced techniques and such to better myself.

In the end; for me, it's all for fun and for the victories. So if I see a chance to KO early, I take it!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94: I see both sides of this one. I consider it poor sportsmanship to edge guard in general, but that's part of the game and it does take some skill to do. I usually give my opponents a chance to get back up unless I'm really just trying to win, though I'll keep that in mind, if we ever 1-v-1.

Fazermint

@Jazzer94: I believe you've misinterpreted my post. In no way do I intend to insult my opponent.

I also go at my opponent with everything I've got. There are just various tricks that I personally deem cheap, and I choose to not shape my playstyle around those tricks. I can go for a downsmash, for example, but I wouldn't do that unless the opponent has taken >100% already. I don't get any satisfaction out of that. I'd have a much better time losing to a good opponent than winning by downsmashing him at <50%.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf: As you said edge guarding takes skill especially in Sm4sh with all the silly recoveries and its been a staple of the series since the get go. I don't see it as bad sportsmanship personally what I consider to be a bad sport is someone who tries to either camp on one end of the stage or camp ledge (that one doesn't really apply to sm4sh). Speaking honestly edge guarding is not the best option most times in Sm4sh as you have to give up stage control plus magnet hands, I only ever do it when I have a hunch the person will panic up b straight after.

@Fazermint I don't agree with spikes being cheap, they are high risk high reward and very obvious in most cases when someone is fishing for one.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@TeeJay: Not gonna say it isn't happening. Heck, I would pretty well like that. Just don't think it's the most unshakable source. Sounds pretty legit, though.

Miles_Edgeworth

Is it worth getting this game if I already have the 3DS version?

Miles_Edgeworth

AceDefective

@Miles_Edgeworth: Depends.
Do you want/need more stages unique to the Wii U version?
Do you have friends to enjoy playing on a bigger screen with?
Do you care about playing with an actual controller versus the 3DS (you can use the 3DS as an extra controller as well)?
Do you want slightly more modes?
Otherwise, you're fine with just the 3DS version if that version works with you better.
Its your choice really.
Also unlocks don't carry over, keep that in mind.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Joris

Layton better be in Smash cuz if not I send Sakurai an email saying:Professor Layton in smash or riot(is a joke xD)
Isnt there a site to see old twets?

Joris

Nintendo Network ID: SuperJoris11 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

It's a legit tweet, but he meant it like "Oh, I didn't know I was in that." Doesn't confirm anything.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Rexcalibr

The last few times I tried to play tournaments, the lobbies were almost all empty. There were lobbies that were one or two minutes away from starting and it said zero people were inside. Even the 1v1 For Glory Small, Large, and Medium were not full and when this patch first came out, you'd sometimes have to wait 15-25 minutes to enter one on time.

Has anyone else noticed this? There are still people always playing regular For Glory but I was enjoying playing tournaments when they had a full house.

Miles_Edgeworth wrote:

Is it worth getting this game if I already have the 3DS version?

If you have a Wii U as well as the 3DS, I'd say yes it is worth getting if you like the 3DS one. If you mean buying a Wii U in order to get Smash Bros for it, it would depend on how much you really want it.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Joeynator3000

...So GameXplain posted a video talking about Layton possibly being in Smash...but it then vanished. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

@TheGreatLord: A few numbers from VGChartz:

AS OF JULY 4TH:

Wii U has sold NEARLY 10 million units. (Compared to XO's 13.25mil, the Wii U actually isn't doing as poorly as people claim.)
Smash 3DS has sold around 6.3 million copies.
Smash Wii U has sold around 3.5 million copies.
Mario Kart 8 has sold around 5 million copies.
Splatoon has sold 1.23 million copies.
Super Mario 3D World has sole 3.43 million copies.

That should put things into perspective, I think.

Pretty disappointing :/

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic