Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,221 to 25,240 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

Didn't get to see much of Jr. in that one video, so I kinda figured it was a Brawl Mod...Thought he replaced Yoshi or something. Same story with Shulk, we figured he was just a Fire Emblem character. (Air Slash did look like a FE move, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

It's a shame that even after the ESRB leak, we've gotten right back to Smash leaks with stuff like the most recent character DLC. The only surprises we've had since launch have been Peach's Castle 64 (June Direct), Hyrule Castle 64 (June Direct) and Lucas (April Direct).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

Eh, we still got to see how exactly Shulk works in-game...Jr. pretty much showed off 8-Player Smash, so...yeah. The leaks didn't ruin EVERYTHING. xD
...Why am I still up anyways? >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: The announcement was before launch (of the Wii U version) though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It's a shame that even after the ESRB leak, we've gotten right back to Smash leaks with stuff like the most recent character DLC. The only surprises we've had since launch have been Peach's Castle 64 (June Direct), Hyrule Castle 64 (June Direct) and Lucas (April Direct).

Yeah this is why I hate leaks, irresistible to look at but they ruin surprises. I don't get why they CARE to share secret information with others so much and risk penalties, like the ESRB leak made the guy go to the court (and I think jail).

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

@TheGreatLord I think it's because they want the privilege of saying that THEY were the ones who spilled the beans. Basically it's a bunch of people who just want their fifteen minutes of fame, even if they have to do something they really shouldn't.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

NintendoFan64 wrote:

@TheGreatLord I think it's because they want the privilege of saying that THEY were the ones who spilled the beans. Basically it's a bunch of people who just want their fifteen minutes of fame, even if they have to do something they really shouldn't.

I don't know who leaked it and I don't care who did, I'm sure that applies to many others (if not all). Kind of pointless if this is the reason although what you said is plausible. Wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. Makes me wonder what's the purpose of FAKE leaks, probably just to destroy other people's spirits.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MasterWario

@CapeSmash: First time on this thread in months (probably weeks actually) and I see your post. Thanks for that; t'was hilarious.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Undead_terror

@Grumblevolcano Also Mewtwo was a surprise wasn't he?

You know what they should attempt? a OC character for smash that uses every single character moveset, each random each time, even if you die, that would be pretty cool and other fighting games does it.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Undead_terror: Mewtwo was a surprise but it was also revealed before launch, I'm talking post-launch so after November 2014.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf

@TheGreatLord: To some people, fame, even fleeting or insignificant amounts of it, is worth every risk. As for the fake leaks, I thought that was obvious. It was either a joke between friends, a troll, or someone that wanted to fool/inspire people (or in the case of the Rayman "leak," a publicity stunt.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

Nobody's posted it yet, so here's the new Smashified:
Untitled
Perhaps it could one day become a reality? I also found this:
Untitled
...Given how bizarre the character choices for Smash can be, I could very well see the Tetris block happening one day.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

NintendoFan64

@Grumblevolcano I just looked it up. They only got the license to do Tetris Ultimate, unless I'm mistaken.

NintendoFan64

@Morpheel I think so. The Tetris company.

Grumblevolcano

From what I gather the Tetris situation is like the Bond situation, companies buy the license for a certain amount of time and it then goes to another company. With Bond, Rare had the license which lead to N64 Goldeneye and then EA had a fair few games and then the license was sold to Activision which then meant N64 Goldeneye port could never happen. Ubisoft has the Tetris license which is why the GB game and a non-Ubisoft DS game were removed from the 3DS eshop.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64

@Morpheel I didn't...crap. Anyways, here's a question: What would Tetris Block's move-set be?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic