Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,261 to 25,280 of 27,917

TeeJay

Megumi wrote:

...So GameXplain posted a video talking about Layton possibly being in Smash...but it then vanished. >.>

Damn I missed it

EDIT: They posted an update video about it

EDIT EDIT: Several people in the comments are saying this comment came BEFORE the other one saying yes, so now I don't know anymore.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Confirmed fake

Like I just said, several people in the comments are saying that tweet was actually before the first one we saw. So we're still unsure.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

Looks like Professor Layton is bandwagon character of the week.

PREVIOUS CONTENDERS:

• Rayman
  • Shovel Knight
  • Banjo & Kazooie

Who will be next?

UGXwolf wrote:

Wii U has sold NEARLY 10 million units. (Compared to XO's 13.25mil, the Wii U actually isn't doing as poorly as people claim.)

I don't want to get super off-topic and start a Wii U debate; but the Xbox One has been on the market 1 year less than the Wii U, and STILL has more units sold than the Wii U. So it kinda is doing poorly as people claim.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

Wait, people are defending the Wii U's sales? Really? I thought it was unanimous that it's doing poorly.

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

Like I just said, several people in the comments are saying that tweet was actually before the first one we saw. So we're still unsure.

Not anymore.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

TeeJay wrote:

Wait, people are defending the Wii U's sales? Really? I thought it was unanimous that it's doing poorly.

I dunno, I don't care, as long as it gives me great games, then I'm good. I'm enjoying the system, that's all I care about. xp

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Hendesu

TeeJay wrote:

The Nintendo fanbase has a hard time to accept bad things from Nintendo.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

UGXwolf

@Ice_Climbers @CapeSmash People are acting like both consoles are just completely crushing the Wii U. Even taking into account its one-year headstart, 3.25 million is less of a gap than it may at first seem. That headstart gives it more time, yes, but generally speaking, the bulk of the generation shift tends to happen all around the same time. If it's already happened, then this is a dismal generation altogether. If it hasn't, then the Wii U isn't doing as poorly as people are claiming. And yes, those numbers are from VGChartz. Naturally, they're inaccurate because VGChartz tends to have a lot of trouble following digital sales. And remember, those numbers were from the end of June. They've gotten even better since.

@TeeJay @NightmareEater Do try to focus on the specific words I use. I know I'm hard to follow, but when I say "not doing as bad as" I'm not saying it's doing well. I'm saying it's not doing as bad as. At this point in time, if the generation were to end, all three consoles would be seen as having done really poorly. The only actual success this gen so far would have been the 3DS. Thankfully, this generation isn't about to end. It's still mid-swing. The final results may not be so close together. Probably won't, the way the PS4 is going. But I'm simply saying that people act like the Wii U stands zero competitive chance and is absolutely nowhere near the other systems. The way people talk, you'd think the Xbox One had double the sales and the PS4 had triple. As it stands, the U is only about 3 and a quarter million units behind the One, which all things considered isn't a staggering gap.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

NintendoFan64 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Not anymore.

That changes nothing. Like I said, Layton's Smash status is firmly planted in the Unsure territory. Nobody has an idea about anything.

So at the end of all this, he wad neither confirmed nor deconfirmed. Basically this whole thing might as well have not happened.

Rexcalibr

OneBagTravel wrote:

After finishing Super Mario RPG recently I'd love to see Geno as a playable character in Smash. ^_^

People have requested him before. He is owned by SquareSoft/Square Enix and even if Nintendo had the rights, I don't think he is popular enough to where he would make it on the roster. That said, I hope one day Nintendo releases Mario RPG on the Wii U virtual console to download because I think it's much better than SuperStar Saga or the other RPG games that Nintendo tried to follow up with.

Rexcalibr

NintendoFan64

@OneBagTravel: I doubt we'll see him. If we get another guest character as dlc, it'll probably be someone else (i.e. Rayman, Shantae, Shovel Knight, or, if we're REALLY lucky, Bomberman.). Still, it would be nice to get just ONE piece of SMRPG in there...
@UGXwolf: Yeah...overall, the big three have seen better days...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

I'm surprised that nobody notice that the artwork of Shovel Knight came from Artsy himself.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Rexcalibr

NintyMan wrote:

Geno won't appear, but it would be nice to have things from Super Mario RPG in the game at least.

There was almost a remix of the Forest Maze theme in Brawl, but Square cried foul and they cut it, which is bogus when you consider how Shiomura has been an active composer for the Smash series and even Uematsu composed Brawl's main theme!

I would love for that track to be in Smash Bros....

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Layton? I'm not trying to be rude but I really don't know who he is; my guess was he is from Ace Attorney: Pheonix Wright.

For future DLC characters I would like to see Inkling boy/girl (as pallet swaps), Owain, Tails, or maybe Chun-Li. I know Inkling children and King R. Rool are already Mii costumes but I would hope that doesn't mean they won't be DLC.

Rexcalibr

19Robb92

TomJ wrote:

Okay, please help me out here, folks. I keep hearing that P. Layton and P. Wright would be great smash characters, but what would their movesets be???? They seem like average generic folk to me. If they can't have a proper final smash, they can't get in. Nuff said.

One more thing, some people said that Issac would be terrible "because he's another sword user" (untrue), but they turn around and say Layton would be great because he has a sword? >_>

To prove me wrong, give me the standard special, up special, down special and side special.
-Rant over.

I think they should give them move-sets that match their personalities. For example, Layton is a gentleman so one of his moves could be tipping his hat to make damage etc. that could be a lot of fun. As for P. Wright, I think they should try to make moves that can make use of the iconic animations during a trial. That would be really cool.

I'm not going to bother making up moves. There are six main games in the Layton series and six main games in the P. Wright series. With that amount of source material and such vivid characters there should be no problem for a developer to create a move-set for neither character.

Their final smashes seem like the simplest inclusion. Layton would obviously have the classic "You solved the puzzle" animation which results in damage on all opponents while P. Wright would have the classic "Objection!" shoutout, point his finger and K.O. the opponent.

And that comment about "proper" final smashes is kind of funny since there are characters in the game right now that barely have "proper" finals smashes. For example, Jigglypuffs final smash makes no sense and has nothing to do with the character, it's just weird.

Rexcalibr wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Layton?

Layton is from the Professor Layton series of games.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Joeynator3000

Rexcalibr wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Layton? I'm not trying to be rude but I really don't know who he is; my guess was he is from Ace Attorney: Pheonix Wright.

For future DLC characters I would like to see Inkling boy/girl (as pallet swaps), Owain, Tails, or maybe Chun-Li. I know Inkling children and King R. Rool are already Mii costumes but I would hope that doesn't mean they won't be DLC.

Professor Layton, it's a puzzle game basically. Clever puzzles, too...so if you're into that stuff try them out. Honestly I can't see Layton fighting in Smash, but I would have said the same thing for Duck Hunt, so...yeah. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic