Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,181 to 25,200 of 27,917

IceClimbers

@Undead_terror: While possible, I do doubt they'll come back because people wouldn't want only one of them. I feel like if they wanted to do one, they'd feel obligated to do the other. If Squirtle and Ivysaur did come back though, they'd probably be sold together as a set.

@UGXwolf: I wouldn't underestimate Shantae's popularity. She's sort of had the opposite trend of Shovel Knight (at least from what I've noticed anyways) - SK had a lot of popularity towards the start of the ballot (largely due to Smashified), but it's support has died down some, while Shantae had only a small amount of support at the beginning but has only increased since then. If Omni had done Shantae at the time he did Shovel Knight, the two characters might have switched spots. Overall though, I think both are quite popular, though not at the rank of characters like K Rool, Isaac, or Rayman.

Of course, I could be totally off on that. Popularity aside, at least Shantae has some history to back her up.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Captain_Toad

@TheGreatLord: Considering how purposely bad Pichu is in Melee, I kinda doubt it. Looking to be surprised.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Rexcalibr

Even though I don't own Splatoon or have any connection to the game, I think the Inkling boy and girl (as pallet swaps) deserve to be i the next DLC. More so than King K Rool or anyone else.

Rexcalibr

IceClimbers

@Rexcalibr: More so than K Rool? That's a bold statement.

Anyways, one argument I've seen used against Snake a lot is that Nintendo wouldn't want to associate with Konami given their recent state. However, that argument is completely invalid as Nintendo has already associated with Konami as they've licensed out a Hudson IP. Obviously, that deal was in the works before some of the more recent Konami news, but if they had a morality issue they would have dropped that deal.

HOWEVER, that Hudson deal might actually lower Snake's chances. Why? What if there was more than one of Hudson's IPs licensed to Nintendo? If Nintendo has the license for Bomberman, why renegotiate with Konami for Snake when you can just use Bomberman?

TylerTheCreator

Which new character in Smash 4 is your least favorite and why?

My least favorite new character is Dark Pit, simply because he's too similar to Pit. So, if I had to pick another one, it would be Greninja. Sure, he's kinda fun to play as, but I don't think he is iconic enough. It was a weird choice to me. Greninja, a Generation VI starter Pokemon as a new character? Of course, this is just my opinion. What do you guys think? What are your least favorite newcomers?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers: This is part of the reason I get annoyed by people saying Nintendo makes Smash. Nintendo definitely helps attain 3rd party rights for characters to appear in Smash, but I don't feel that Nintendo having the rights to Bomberman would make Sakurai want to put Bomberman in the game, as there's a good chance he wouldn't be aware or at least it'd be far enough away from where he's focused that it wouldn't fully register. And really, if he doesn't want Bomberman, he's not gonna get Bomberman. Nintendo wouldn't likely force him to do a character he legitimately doesn't want to do, and I doubt they'd really try to redirect him onto another character if he'd already settled on a certain one.

Even so, Sakurai has made it clear that attaining rights can be a nightmare, so I imagine there would have to be something EXTREMELY compelling about a 3rd party character to get them in the game.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@TylerTheCreator: Does Ness count? :V Cause I actually don't hate any characters except Ness, at this point. But obviously, least favorite doesn't necessarily mean hate, so let's go with the one that makes me go "WOOOOO!" the least. Honestly gotta say Mega Man. I wasn't on the band wagon of wanting him in the game. I thought his reveal was super hype, but after that, I didn't have any love for the character, and now that the games out, I don't enjoy playing as him or dread playing against him, so... yeah. Big fat MEH to Mega Man from me.

IceClimbers

@UGXwolf: Oh, of course Nintendo wouldn't force Sakurai to choose Bomberman. The only character they'd put their foot down for is Banjo for obvious reasons. Licensing is the biggest thing going against 3rd party characters, which is probably why the only 3rd party Mii costumes so far have been from the companies already associated with the game. I'm sure Nintendo would at the very least notify Sakurai that they have the rights to Bomberman (granted, that's a big "what if"). Or, perhaps Sakurai saw the news about Nintendo getting the license for that other Hudson IP and, being interested in Bomberman, asked about it. Of course, that's super hypothetical as well.

On a side note, the fact that licensing is such an issue I feel is actually a point in favor of indie characters, contrary to the beliefs of most on Smashboards. Why? Developers like Yacht Club and WayForward have openly pushed for their characters, so I doubt licensing will be quite as much of a headache compared to say, Sora or Geno.

It's also a point in Rayman's favor, since he's, well, already in Smash 4.

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers: Actually, that's where things get tricky. We could've pretended before that we had some idea how Iwata would handle Sakurai requesting Banjo be in the game, but we have absolutely NO CLUE who's next in line or how they'd handle the request. Would they still say no? Or maybe accept it because it's Sakurai? Or maybe they'd see it as a lovely cross-promotional opportunity. There's no telling.

TylerTheCreator

UGXwolf wrote:

@TylerTheCreator: Does Ness count? :V Cause I actually don't hate any characters except Ness, at this point. But obviously, least favorite doesn't necessarily mean hate, so let's go with the one that makes me go "WOOOOO!" the least. Honestly gotta say Mega Man. I wasn't on the band wagon of wanting him in the game. I thought his reveal was super hype, but after that, I didn't have any love for the character, and now that the games out, I don't enjoy playing as him or dread playing against him, so... yeah. Big fat MEH to Mega Man from me.

I can see exactly where you are coming from. I don't like Mega Man's special moves much at all. They're too weak and insignificant, in my opinion. They don't even look cool. However, I really like Mega Man's custom moves. If I could pick a specific special move set for him, it would be...

Hyper Bomb
Untitled

Danger Wrap
Untitled

Beat
Untitled

Skull Barrier
Untitled

Mega Man's Hyper Bombs are awesome. You can throw them in all directions, even behind you. It looks so cool when I throw a bomb behind me and it lands. I love explosions and I love the damage his Hyper Bombs inflict. Danger Wrap is really useful for when enemies are coming back down from the sky, and it is satisfying to pull off a K.O. from one. I like Beat because Beat is a cool little bird! ...and because Mega Man can travel very high upwards with Beat. I like Skull Barrier because it can deflect moves back at the opponent. Though, I wish there wasn't so much start-up lag to that move. I hate Plant Barrier. I think it is a crappy move. Hehehe.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Grumblevolcano

@TylerTheCreator: I wish Jewel Satellite was picked instead of Plant Barrier, that move was actually useful in the original game it came from (Mega Man 9) whereas Plant Barrier (Mega Man 6) is absolutely useless outside of 1 boss.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@Grumblevolcano - I agree with that. Except Jewel Satellite should've been a custom instead of Skull Barrier, J.Satellite actually reflects in the original game its from, I don't remember S. Barrier doing that. Also would've preferred Rolling Cutter as a Metal Blade custom, because while I love Shadow Blade, the custom of the same name is not as useful.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Hendesu

For people who support K. Rool because "more villains and more DK

Would you also be satisfied if we got Lord Fredrik, a DK villain who might actually be interesting?

Or Cranky Kong, who was the villain in the original Donkey Kong, and also in Donkey Kong Land?

Or just... a DK character, and also a villain, who both play uniquely?

Like, if your only reason for supporting K. Rool is because he's more villains and more DK characters, surely Dixie Kong and Vaati or some other combination of DK character and villain would be satisfactory, but better because of actually having potential for being unique and fun to play as?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Joeynator3000

Don't even know who Fredrik is. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MsJubilee

@NightmareEater: Lord Fredrik? Dude he's King K. Rool but without the personality,who would want him or better yet get satisfied if he made it in? But i give that villain props,he's has an amazing mustache. Oh if anyone don't know know who he is,he's from Tropical Freeze.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

NightmareEater wrote:

For people who support K. Rool because "more villains and more DK

Would you also be satisfied if we got Lord Fredrik, a DK villain who might actually be interesting?

Or Cranky Kong, who was the villain in the original Donkey Kong, and also in Donkey Kong Land?

Or just... a DK character, and also a villain, who both play uniquely?

Like, if your only reason for supporting K. Rool is because he's more villains and more DK characters, surely Dixie Kong and Vaati or some other combination of DK character and villain would be satisfactory, but better because of actually having potential for being unique and fun to play as?

Ok what character do you want to be added? Shantae? Because she is indie and a girl? What you are asking is really weird... We can want a character to be in if we want him for whatever reason. Plus it's more than just that like he is one of the most memorable and notable characters.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

TwilightAngel wrote:

@NightmareEater: Lord Fredrik? Dude he's King K. Rool but without the personality,who would anyone want him or better yet get satisfied if he made it in? But i give that villain props,he's has an amazing mustache. Oh if anyone don't know know who he is,he's from Tropical Freeze.

Oh, right...him...yeah Rool would make it in before he does. Fredrik is just one of those one-time only villains as far as I can tell. (just like Tiki Tong)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater: Dude, just let the K Rool supporters (myself being one of them) be. It's okay to want a character in. Besides, it's not like we want someone like Freddy.
@TwilightAngel: And he's a viking. Vikings are cool.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

@NintyMan I just assume that the people who think he'd be "just another Bowser or Dedede" are people who either A) Never played a Donkey Kong Country game in their life B) Only played Retro's games or C) Never made it to K Rool.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic