Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,201 to 25,220 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

I heard people saying that Jr. would just be Bowser clone, and look at how he turned out. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

UGXwolf

There are three Marths in this game. I don't think "but clones" counts as a valid argument to keep a character from getting in. Plus, the reason people think he'd be a Bowser/Dedede clone (which is a laughable phrase in and of itself) is because he's a villain and he's heavy... Mmhmm... So should I point out the tendency for female characters to be light? Because that's also a thing. Guess they all play the same because they're girls and mostly light weight. Villains tend to be heavy weights. That's just the common trope. This is because of the visual language used so that you can tell at a glance that the character is a villain. how do you know they're a villain? They're about twice to five times your size! This language died out for most of the industry when the medium got better at accentuating characteristics without needing them to be obvious at a glance. Nintendo, however, still prefers to keep things simple. You know the bad guy is bad because he's purple and big and glowing. Now shoot him!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

I'm so sick of the ongoing K Rool fare. It's gotten boring to read.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

Not sure why it has been brought up all the sudden again anyways, all we can do right now is wait and see what the future holds.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

TheGreatLord wrote:

Not sure why it has been brought up all the sudden again anyways.

That's a good question. @NightmareEater why did you randomly bring it up? We're kind of getting of sick going through this.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

It seems like he is worried that K Rool will make it into the game and he doesn't want that. Personally I wasn't a fan of Roy coming back, I was sort of raging internally (lol) but I then thought that they may have improved him. Then when I saw how good he was I was totally fine with it! I was very surprised about Ryu but I was ok with him joining smash bros, as he is the first and only dlc NEWCOMER. The other 3 dlcs are veterans, and Ryu was probably the most hyped of all (or maybe Mewtwo because it showed us the fact of DLC is possible). I was most hyped about Lucas though because it showed me more characters would be added in the future, when I saw that trailer I was crazy lol... But maybe those who oppose K Rool making it into the game will start to like the idea of K Rool once they see him added and how he plays. I hope Sakurai makes K Rool good at least. I'm just really curios who would be the next DLC character at this point, whatever character that makes it in would be a big surprise. Even though I don't want Shantae in the game by miles I would accept that fact that she makes it into the game (if she does but I doubt it) and see how she plays too. Whatever pleases majority of the smashers...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

martinskrtel37

UGXwolf wrote:

There are three Marths in this game.

dude, Roy is no longer a clone of Marth! Lucina is trash though.

Edited on by Jazzer94

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

mariovslink62

I honestly think K Rool is getting in. He seems to be almost at the top Globally and seems right. I'm predicting we will get him, Wolf, a 3rd Party and 2 Nintendo Newcomers if we were to get 5 characters.

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

TeeJay

martinskrtel37 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Speaking as a Lucina main, I can assure you she most certainly isn't. While Marth can get kills earlier if the player is skilled enough, Lucina's equal power across her blade, which allows her to have a much more aggressive, in-your-face play style, increasing damage output if you play aggressive enough.

Edited on by Jazzer94

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

TeeJay wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Speaking as a Lucina main, I can assure you she most certainly isn't. While Marth can get kills earlier if the player is skilled enough, Lucina's equal power across her blade, which allows her to have a much more aggressive, in-your-face play style, increasing damage output if you play aggressive enough.

You're right, Marth is better. That comment was kinda biased too, I mean, Marth isn't always about the tipper and spacing. He's got more range and the spacing game keeps you more sharp than a defensive-Lucy, doesn't make you fumble from rushing. Marth has less hit lag on sourspots.

Edited on by Jazzer94

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Joeynator3000

At least Roy's Final Smash is a little different. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

KO-Cub

As cool and as referencing as it seems, it just doesn't have that 1Hit Punch Marth's has. I wonder why not though... I mean, it makes Roy with items on seem very weak.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DreamyViridi

@KO-Cub: Because Roy is weak as heck in the game he comes from. Considering he's considered one of the worst lords in the series, it's appropriate that his Final Smash is average compared to Marth's/Lucina's.

Jokes aside, at least you can't SD with it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

I just remembered something...today marks the one year anniversary of the ESRB leak! Remember when people thought it was fake (like me.), and how pi$$ed off some people got when it turned out to be real (...Maybe a wee bit me)? Ah, good times...good times...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

Shulk is fake and won't be in-, wait what?

Keep it PG-13-ish.

MsJubilee

@NintendoFan64: Those leaks made this thread amazing. So much arguing about the them and then they were real! Those were good times.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

Went back to the old 3DS thread to reflect back on the memories on the ESRB leaks. I'll share some of the comments I found. lol

"Honestly the Shulk render gives it away for me, looks exactly like Mac's." - Megumi

"I can see it now, the next Pic of the Day reveals Bowser Jr.....as an Assist Trophy, even though it'll suck that he's not playable. I'll still end up laughing at everyone who believed in all of this. xD" - Megumi

"Sakurai is prolly happy that you think those are real BECAUSE ITS TRULY FAKE. What's my point? JUST WAIT UNTIL JAPAN GETS THE GAME! THEN ALMOST EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED!! DON'T LET SOME SMART AND CLEVER TROLL FOOL YOU!!!!!!!!" - Blast

"Man oh man I hope Bayonetta is an alternate skin for Zero Suit Samus!" - Blast

"Lol Wario is missing a pupil. Definitely fake!" - Nintendo6400

"I'm laughing so hard right now. Do they honestly expect us to believe this? I've taken much better shots before, and it's not that hard." - brewsky

And my favorite...

"Those are probably the fakest looking screens I've ever seen." - CaviarMeths

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

How did people reacted when the videos of Shulk, Jr and Ganondorf were leaked?

You had to be a fool to deny that.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

CapeSmash

Gridatttack wrote:

How did people reacted when the videos of Shulk, Jr and Ganondorf were leaked?

You had to be a fool to deny that.

I saw a lot of people call the Shulk and Ganondorf video a Brawl mod. Didn't see many people call the Bowser Jr. ones a Brawl mod, however.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic