Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 27,917

Snagrio

Just goes to show that gamers can quite the whiney bunch sometimes (scratch that, make that most of the time), but it goes with the territory I suppose.

In any case, I don't buy Sakurai's initial statement of a Brawl-sized or smaller roster. The expectations are far too great, and the series is known for its ever expanding character selection, so it would be an utterly foolish move to limit the number to that of a previous gen game (or worse yet make it smaller).

I understand Sakurai's reasoning for a small roster (balance), but there are just too many choices to limit the count to Brawl's 35. Even if the number only jumps to 40 characters, it would still be an improvement.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

ThePirateCaptain

You have to remember though, they still have to fir everything onto the 3DS cartridge, so it's not implausible that we might get a roster the size of Brawl's or even a little smaller.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Captain_Toad

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So if it's one thing I learned today, it's that half of all Smash Bros fans are drama queens. I've read so many comments of people who instantly lost faith in Smash Bros just because of Toon Link... it's pathetic. Any little thing that people don't like, they just seem to go bezerk. Like they did when they were upset over the outlines in the 3DS version, give me a break, it's not the end of the world.

Heh, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. There will be always "those" kind of people. I'm just worried about Toon Link's cheap air down+a in Brawl makin it from Smash 4.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

K964

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Sleepingmudkip

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

I'm not claiming that this is going to happen, but what if they announce Toon Link as a veteran along with a remastered version of the Pirate Ship stage to go with the digital release of The Wind Waker HD this month?

Cool I was partially correct! I didn't think this would happen after the Peach announcement, but I guess it was kind of suspicious that said announcement wasn't attached to any upcoming game. (Olimar coincided with Pikmin 3, Luigi with Dream Team, etc.)

omg sonic with lost world,a pokemon with X and Y, and pac man with Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

KingDunsparce

K964 wrote:

K964 wrote:

Yeah, you would think Peach would be with Mario 3D World, but maybe they have something to announce related to DKC or something else Mario or even a newcomer around that time. Or I'm just being too optimistic.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

SCRAPPER392

CapnPancakes wrote:

You have to remember though, they still have to fir everything onto the 3DS cartridge, so it's not implausible that we might get a roster the size of Brawl's or even a little smaller.

Even if the game is 8GB on 3DS, it shouldn't really be a problem.

SD cards are pretty small. I would guess that it wouldn't be that hard to fit at even 32 GB worth of game on a 3DS cartridge, which is a bigger piece of tech.

Now, I have no clue how a 3DS cart actually works(why it's proprietary, I mean), but fitting 32GB on a 3DS game card, and the 3DS being able to read it all at once if it needs to shouldn't be a problem.

This is just going based off of how memory is read to begin with. The 3DS(or anything, really) is never accessing the entirety of an SD card all at once.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DreamyViridi

Donkey Kong: "Excuse me, sir; I do believe you dropped this."
...Oh dear. XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

cookiex

SCAR392 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

SD cards are pretty small. I would guess that it wouldn't be that hard to fit at even 32 GB worth of game on a 3DS cartridge, which is a bigger piece of tech.

Now, I have no clue how a 3DS cart actually works(why it's proprietary, I mean), but fitting 32GB on a 3DS game card, and the 3DS being able to read it all at once if it needs to shouldn't be a problem.

This is just going based off of how memory is read to begin with. The 3DS(or anything, really) is never accessing the entirety of an SD card all at once.

While 3DS can support SD cards up to 128GB, each 3DS game card supposedly only carries 8GB at most.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24569

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Kewlan

Haha, on a Swedish site where you can pre-order Smash Bros, some people in the comments thought Lloyd was in the game because he was on the fake box-art.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Normal Link looks like he's orchestrating this trick.

But, that's Toon Link's bomb, so how does that work?

Unless TL gave his bomb to DK and asked the ape to attack Link with it, but Link gave DK a banana as appeasement. So now DK is confused and decided to politely give TL's bomb back, leading into the scene we see here. Just a guess.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Donkey Kong is like: "Wait a sec... Is this a banana?"
Toon Link is like: "Hey! Give that back!"
Normal Link is like: "I'm gonna hide behind my shield and see how this plays out..."

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

cookiex wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

While 3DS can support SD cards up to 128GB, each 3DS game card supposedly only carries 8GB at most.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24569

I see, but if they really need more memory in the 3DS game card, I'm sure they figure out how to get more memory in there as opposed to letting such a limit hinder the game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kewlan

Blastoise-san wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Normal Link is like: "I'm gonna hide behind my shield and see how this plays out..."

I don't think Toon Link would want that back...

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Jazzer94

Kewlan wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Toon Links face is like oh poop.

I don't think Toon Link would want that back...

Edited on by theblackdragon

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Kewlan

What if Toon Link is not a clone, and now uses the wind as a power?

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Happy_Mask

Kewlan wrote:

What if Toon Link is not a clone, and now uses the wind as a power?

Look at his screenshots, he's a clone.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic