Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,741 to 21,760 of 27,917

Rexcalibr

I've never had a problem facing Pac Man, but in all fairness I haven't played many people online who use him. I think if anyone should get nerfed it should be Diddy Kong and Rosalina (again).

As far as Snake not fitting in… um Zero Suite Samus, Ike, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer are all human too so I don't see why he would be a problem. I don't think there is really a limit on which characters could fit in. You could put Captain Crunch or Cookie Monster in this and it would still work.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Suicune wrote:

Important Question here: Why doesn't Nintendo nerf Pac-Man, who is clearly the strongest character ever created?

As a Pac-Man main i am honestly disgusted with your comment.Why should they nerf poor Pac-Man what move is making him unbeatable?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

Tarrazu wrote:

Suicune wrote:

Important Question here: Why doesnt Nintendo nerf Pac-Man, who is clearly the strongest character ever created?

Pac-Man is a very well-rounded character, but he does not really excel at anything. There's no reason to nerf him.

Rexcalibr wrote:

I've never had a problem facing Pac Man, but in all fairness I haven't played many people online who use him. I think if anyone should get nerfed it should be Diddy Kong and Rosalina (again).

ples stap dis madniss
ples
:^(

Seriously, though, I can't see why you think Rosalina needs a nerf more than every character besides Diddy.

Early KO's, mostly. A lot of people claim that Luma's annoying, but I don't have much trouble with them. For me, it's just the ease with which Rosie can get your past the top blast zone. She has plenty of moves to get you in the air, and that up-air has some ridiculous range. Seems like most of her hitboxes are massively over-prioritized, too. And she has so much air time. If she could actually do much to direct her up-B, I'd consider her recovery entirely broken.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

[quote=Suicune]

Sparx wrote:

Important Question here: Why doesnt Nintendo nerf Pac-Man, who is clearly the strongest character ever created?

Ya, I think Pac-man is fine where he is. In fact, I use to believe that he was one of the few characters who needed a buff.

On a side note, I hate it when people use cheap tactics just to win such camping, spamming projectiles, and using exploited moves . Diddy's "Hoo-Hah" and Sheik's wall of pain f-air is just obnoxious.

Overall, I just hope that they have at least one more balancing patch to fix the op character. Oh, and the glitches too such as the bowser jr teleport glitch and the instant death ship at wuhu island.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Suicune wrote:

Pac-Man is a very well-rounded character, but he does not really excel at anything. There's no reason to nerf him.

Rexcalibr wrote:

ples stap dis madniss
ples
:^(

Seriously, though, I can't see why you think Rosalina needs a nerf more than every character besides Diddy.

Early KO's, mostly. A lot of people claim that Luma's annoying, but I don't have much trouble with them. For me, it's just the ease with which Rosie can get your past the top blast zone. She has plenty of moves to get you in the air, and that up-air has some ridiculous range. Seems like most of her hitboxes are massively over-prioritized, too. And she has so much air time. If she could actually do much to direct her up-B, I'd consider her recovery entirely broken.

Rosalina, in my opinion, is the 2nd cheapest character on the roster behind Diddy and in front of Yoshi. Luma is powerful and can still attack even when Rosalina is in freefall mode. Even if you knock Luma out, Rosalina still has enough range and rolling speed to get away from incoming attacks. She's one of the hardest characters to punish too.

Yoshi is another character whose hard to punish, mostly because he has almost no cool down or landing lag in his attacks.

Smash_kirby

What I would like to see come with Mewtwo is a two stages one for the 3DS in the form of Saffron City and another as PokeFloats, that might just be me. ^.^;

Smash_kirby

Undead_terror

Smash_kirby wrote:

What I would like to see come with Mewtwo is a two stages one for the 3DS in the form of Saffron City and another as PokeFloats, that might just be me. ^.^;

Ya...that one empty spot in the stage select screen for the 3DS version is getting a bit annoying...if swapnote was still a thing then it probably would of taken the spot as a stage like the miiverse stage.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

Smash_kirby wrote:

well now i'm sort of expecting at least a stage to be included as well as Mewtwo!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

NintendoFan64

Smash_kirby wrote:

I doubt it, but I'd definitely take another stage. Especially PokeFloats. It was just so weird that I loved it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DreamyViridi

Sorry if this feels like a filler post but I feel like I just have to share this.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CapeSmash

@DreamyViridi "FLUDD sucks, Mario tornado is better." — Said no one ever.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo6400

CapeSmash wrote:

lousy pm did.

DreamyViridi

CapeSmash wrote:

FLUDD Master Race!
There's also this one, not as good imo though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Rexcalibr

This theme should have been in the Wii U version. It's one of the best themes in my opinion. I guess it would have fit well with the Wii Fit Studio stage.

Rexcalibr

veeflames

So guys, you know the act when you KO or SD yourself if your opponent makes a mistake e.g. failing to grab the ledge, catapulting down to the loss of a stock in a 1on1 match? Well, I used to do this, tbh, but after giving it a lot of thought, I think this is a bad idea, and I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of times I do it, if not stop doing it altogether.
I know it might be a case of "I want a fair game!" but why should I punish myself if my opponent makes a mistake? He should be the one to make an extra effort to win, and if HE doesn't win, there's the next match, if you're willing to have one. Mistakes are a part of life, and we should accept the consequences of making such a mistake.
That's just my take, though. I don't see myself TOTALLY getting rid of that habit, but I do know I have to tone it down. What about you?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Storytime7

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So guys, you know the act when you or your opponent(let's say you in this case), KO's yourself or himself if he makes a mistake e.g. failing to grab the ledge, catapulting down to the loss of a stock in a 1on1 match? Well, I used to do this, tbh, but after giving it a lot of thought, I think this is a bad idea, and I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of times I do it, if not stop doing it altogether.
I know it might be a case of "I want a fair game!" but why should I punish myself if my opponent makes a mistake? He should be the one to make an extra effort to win, and if HE doesn't win, there's the next match, if you're willing to have one. Mistakes are a part of life, and we should accept the consequences of making such a mistake.
That's just my take, though. I don't see myself TOTALLY getting rid of that habit, but I do know I have to tone it down. What about you?

SD'ing when your opponent accidentally loses a stock? I've done that, but only against people who were fun to play. I don't care when other people do it. It's a nice thing to do, but that won't help me become a better player.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

This theme should have been in the Wii U version. It's one of the best themes in my opinion. I guess it would have fit well with the Wii Fit Studio stage.

It is in the Wii U version as a CD for the 75m stage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TeeJay

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So guys, you know the act when you or your opponent(let's say you in this case), KO's yourself or himself if he makes a mistake e.g. failing to grab the edge, catapulting down to the loss of a stock in a 1on1 match? Well, I used to do this, tbh, but after giving it a lot of thought, I think this is a bad idea, and I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of times I do it, if not stop doing it altogether.

I do it to, you know, be nice and give my opponent a fair chance.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

Smash 4 really does benefits from custom moves: http://gfycat.com/LiveEmbarrassedCur

I wish they were allowed online.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

It is in the Wii U version as a CD for the 75m stage.

No it isn't. I just checked just to make sure.

EDIT - ok hold on… I'm just now discovering and reading that there are unlockable themes for stages….

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic