Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,721 to 21,740 of 27,917

ZanderShepherd

Will Mewtwo even work online? That would mean your opponent must have downloaded him too, and that would mean that he must come in an update, and that you would have to pay to unlock him. While that does sound like the best option, do you think they'll do it like that?

ZanderShepherd

Yoshi

Poketendo wrote:

Will Mewtwo even work online? That would mean your opponent must have downloaded him too, and that would mean that he must come in an update, and that you would have to pay to unlock him. While that does sound like the best option, do you think they'll do it like that?

Yes, Mewtwo will work online. Nintendo will issue an update containing the Mewtwo DLC, and since everyone needs to be playing the latest version of the game to play online, everyone will have the data necessary for it to work. Only those with the file that enables them to play as Mewtwo will...be able to play as Mewtwo.... (redundancy!)

It's just like Mario Kart 8, with the colored Yoshis and Shy Guys.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ZanderShepherd

brewsky wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

Yes, Mewtwo will work online. Nintendo will issue an update containing the Mewtwo DLC, and since everyone needs to be playing the latest version of the game to play online, everyone will have the data necessary for it to work. Only those with the file that enables them to play as Mewtwo will...be able to play as Mewtwo.... (redundancy!)

It's just like Mario Kart 8, with the colored Yoshis and Shy Guys.

Has this ever been officially confirmed? It definitely makes the most sense, and I hope (and think) they'll do it like this, but has it ever been officially confirmed?

ZanderShepherd

DreamyViridi

Not to my knowledge, no. It's only a matter of time before we hear such news from the officials though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, Takamaru was considered to be a newcomer. He was cut due to his lack of familiarity. This happened when development on the games had begun.

So I was right. I always thought there was something about his highly detailed assist trophy status and fancy music remix.

http://nintendoeverything.com/takamaru-was-considered-as-a-pl...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wi...

Sucks that he didn't make the cut. Oh well. There's always next time. Anyways, it also said that he knows about the ridiculous character requests on Miiverse. Here's my response:
1. Wouldn't it be funny if he put Goku in, but as an assist trophy? XD
2. Is he also aware of Bikini Day, Bigley and Miiverse After Dark if he knows about the ridiculous character requests?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Randomname19

NintyMan wrote:

According to Sakurai, Takamaru was considered to be a newcomer. He was cut due to his lack of familiarity. This happened when development on the games had begun.

So I was right. I always thought there was something about his highly detailed assist trophy status and fancy music remix.

It sucks to get this news the day I bought The Mysterious Murasame Castle from the 3DS eshop.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

CapeSmash

Untitled

Zomg guys, I found a legit looking REAL leak. Snake confirmed.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

NintyMan wrote:

Thats cool though, and since the game has an official international release his chances for the next Smash are good. Oh, and I forgot Nintendoland!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

kkslider5552000

Most of my time with Smash Bros so far has been focused on single player. Especially Classic Mode.

This was a terrible idea.

I will say, I've not seen anyone praise this game's new characters as a whole that much. I'm more and more impressed at how many compellingly different characters this game has. I mean, I stopped playing most fighting games before 40+ characters became apparently common, so I can't compare this to any of those. But it's impressive how nearly every new character is both really fresh and really fun.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Nintenbomba128

CapeSmash wrote:

Untitled

Zomg guys, I found a legit looking REAL leak. Snake confirmed.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintenbomba128

UGXwolf

@CapeSmash How do you know, huh? HUH? Maybe the leak was released by Nintendo as a way to throw everyone off the trail because it looks so fake! Maybe the leak is fake and Nintendo's using it to cover their tracks. Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong, I dare you!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

In all seriousness, I think that's even less likely to happen considering what's happening with Konami right now anyway.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

DreamyViridi wrote:

In all seriousness, I think that's even less likely to happen considering what's happening with Konami right now anyway.

Yeah...I don't think Snake's ever going to come back.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

Snake never fit in the Smash universe anyway. It was passable in Brawl though because of the hyper-realistic graphical style they were going for. He still stood out, but at least not by too much

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

TeeJay wrote:

Snake never fit in the Smash universe anyway. It was passable in Brawl though because of the hyper-realistic graphical style they were going for. He still stood out, but at least not by too much

looks at all the other human-proportioned players with realistic weapons and military backgrounds Ummm... how exactly did Snake not fit in? I think people just point it out because he's not as toon-y as most of Nintendo's creations, but in all honestly, neither is Zero Suit Samus or any of the FE characters or even a few of the Zelda characters (those last two are more anime, than anything else, but that's not my point.) I mean, I get that he's the gritty tactical guy in a game populated by family friendly characters, but I feel like people try to exclude him for bad reasons.

Arminillo

Important Question here: Why doesnt Nintendo nerf Pac-Man, who is clearly the strongest character ever created?

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Sparx

Suicune wrote:

Important Question here: Why doesnt Nintendo nerf Pac-Man, who is clearly the strongest character ever created?

For fear of angering Namco who is one of the few third parties helping them

My avatar is from here

TeeJay

UGXwolf wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

looks at all the other human-proportioned players with realistic weapons and military backgrounds Ummm... how exactly did Snake not fit in? I think people just point it out because he's not as toon-y as most of Nintendo's creations, but in all honestly, neither is Zero Suit Samus or any of the FE characters or even a few of the Zelda characters (those last two are more anime, than anything else, but that's not my point.) I mean, I get that he's the gritty tactical guy in a game populated by family friendly characters, but I feel like people try to exclude him for bad reasons.

I never said it was because of his proportions.

...I mean, I get that he's the gritty tactical guy in a game populated by family friendly characters...

There you go.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

Suicune wrote:

Because he can be easily defeated

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

@TeeJay See, I don't consider that a good reason. The game he's from shouldn't really factor into whether or not he fits in. I mean, I think we can all (mostly) agree that Conker would fit in, but his game isn't family friendly. Zelda's tried to be gritty, before. We didn't seem to mind the Twilight Princess model in Smash. And FE is all about tactics. If he just stuck out like a sore thumb by looks alone, sure, I might agree, but really, if you had no idea who any of these characters were, Snake probably wouldn't be the first character you'd point out as not fitting in Brawl.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic