Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,761 to 21,780 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

This theme should have been in the Wii U version. It's one of the best themes in my opinion. I guess it would have fit well with the Wii Fit Studio stage.

It is in the Wii U version as a CD for the 75m stage.

No it isn't. I just checked just to make sure.

EDIT - ok hold on… I'm just now discovering and reading that there are unlockable themes for stages….

Yeah, there's lots of songs to unlock outside of challenges. I don't know whether a better way was found but I used Master and Crazy orders to get lots of them in not much time, just choose the ones with CDs as rewards if its available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Storytime7 wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So guys, you know the act when you or your opponent(let's say you in this case), KO's yourself or himself if he makes a mistake e.g. failing to grab the ledge, catapulting down to the loss of a stock in a 1on1 match? Well, I used to do this, tbh, but after giving it a lot of thought, I think this is a bad idea, and I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of times I do it, if not stop doing it altogether.
I know it might be a case of "I want a fair game!" but why should I punish myself if my opponent makes a mistake? He should be the one to make an extra effort to win, and if HE doesn't win, there's the next match, if you're willing to have one. Mistakes are a part of life, and we should accept the consequences of making such a mistake.
That's just my take, though. I don't see myself TOTALLY getting rid of that habit, but I do know I have to tone it down. What about you?

SD'ing when your opponent accidentally loses a stock? I've done that, but only against people who were fun to play. I don't care when other people do it. It's a nice thing to do, but that won't help me become a better player.

TBF, NOT doing it really doesn't help you become a better player, either. It's a mercy move. It doesn't affect how well they play against you. Just giving back the advantage you unintentionally gave them.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mikes

DreamyViridi wrote:

Sorry if this feels like a filler post but I feel like I just have to share this.

That was awesome!
Wow. I miss keeping up with Smash tournaments. Nowadays, I never know what's going on.

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

So guys, you know the act when you KO or SD yourself if your opponent makes a mistake e.g. failing to grab the ledge, catapulting down to the loss of a stock in a 1on1 match? Well, I used to do this, tbh, but after giving it a lot of thought, I think this is a bad idea, and I've decided to drastically reduce the amount of times I do it, if not stop doing it altogether.
I know it might be a case of "I want a fair game!" but why should I punish myself if my opponent makes a mistake? He should be the one to make an extra effort to win, and if HE doesn't win, there's the next match, if you're willing to have one. Mistakes are a part of life, and we should accept the consequences of making such a mistake.
That's just my take, though. I don't see myself TOTALLY getting rid of that habit, but I do know I have to tone it down. What about you?

I don't think I'll stop doing that. I just prefer to have a good challenge, that's all. A few 1-stock matches won't hurt!

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

JC10101

Tournaments for smash 4 actually interest me more than melee. Just went to my first one and out of 85 people I got 5th. Got knocked into losers by Sonic and then lost to another in losers. Sanic too fast

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

CapeSmash

Untitled

People are giving this a chance.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

I've gotten back to collecting things and for classic all I have left is to beat it with all 6 Pokémon and once on 9.0 without losing a single life.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

CapeSmash wrote:

People are giving this a chance.

A rather cliché thing to say here but something about that model looks off... plus I don't think Mewtwo is going to get amiibo.
That said, it has got me wondering what custom moves will be..

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

It's the model that makes the leak look fake to me.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jazzer94

Why do these people always take crooked blurry pictures.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TuVictus

Jazzer94 wrote:

Why do these people always take crooked blurry pictures.

Seriously. At this point I'd probably give more credit to a straight-on HD picture.

As for a MewTwo amiibo, I think he most certainly will get one. There will be lines around the entire city block for him on release day, and that's after his pre order sell out in half a second online. You can count on it

TuVictus

TeeJay

I'm done believing anything I see on the internet. Who's to say you guys are even real people?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

TeeJay wrote:

I'm done believing anything I see on the internet. Who's to say you guys are even real people?

Alright! I confess! I'm actually a slice of bread!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TuVictus

I guess considering the old Smash leaks were real, people would be more inclined to believe this one. But it's not really a leak, because we know Mewtwo exists and will release. It'd be more interesting to have a gameplay video to see how he plays. Looking forward to his release.

Aside from that, I've gotten into the habit of making custom stages. I suck at it, but it's fun. All I wish though is that they added more options. Like the option to make the moving platforms stationary. Or spikes. Or allowing thin platforms able to be jumped through. And the ability to choose the initial spawn points. I can't wait until we can share stages, too.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

LzWinky

Some of the leaks were wrong though. I guess when a few are right, they are all believable

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

Just to let you know one of the screenshots from that first Mewtwo leak with the customs also showed FE Roy.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

FriedSquid

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Just to let you know one of the screenshots from that first Mewtwo leak with the customs also showed FE Roy.

Right, this is where they came from. http://mewtwodlcleak.blogspot.com.au/

This is definitely fake. The renders for Roy and Mewtwo look really bad and not at all like they could be official. Plus Mewtwo's model looks particularly bad, and lifeless — looks like he poorly posed a pre-existing model and shopped it in. Not to mention his explanation, which is laughable...

"So here's what happened 2 years ago my friend (he works for some divison of Nintendo) called me up and said he's working on the next big game. He said its gonna be "smashing". Now since their finished and released smash bros for wii u/3ds he came to my house and brought a "special" copy and he said don't tell anyone. But I don't feel right not sharing this so when he went to his car to get a custom gc controller and I snaped a couple pics here you guys go."

I don't think I need to tell you guys this one is fake, but I at least got some laughs out of this one.

Anyways, the one pic above with Mewtwo and Lucario looks pretty believable, but it could easily be fake too. The lighting on Mewtwo looks sort of odd, for example, but if it's real then I think he looks good. No, taking a harder look at it the lighting for Mewtwo is definitely off, and though I don't know where that image of Mewtwo came from it just doesn't look like a pose he would make during gameplay. I would believe it if that was his official render, but not his in-game model.

And is it just my imagination or does the 't' in 'Mewtwo' look slightly shorter than the other t's, and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the word? I could just be seeing things. But either way I think that's fake too, just my two cents. Anyways, I hope we'll see some official material soon!

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Pootypie

What's the point of leaking Mewtwo now? We already got him confirmed like 5 months ago?!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

Did people already forget the Rayman "leak?" I don't ever wanna hear "but the model doesn't exist anywhere that I can find" as an argument for anything. There's no such thing as "too far for a fake leak."

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic