Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,781 to 20,800 of 27,917

Pootypie

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

King Boo should be added as a playable character! Someone call Nintendo!!!!!

No not King Boo, Boo.

Oh wait, this is Smash Bros. thread not Mario Party thread xD

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

So thoughts on both Smash 4 and Melee in evo?

The diehard Melee fans can't let go but at the same time I'm fine with it because its free advertising for Nintendo. Nintendo needs the spotlight.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

NintendoFan64

Squid wrote:

I think we need less counter moves.

^^This^^.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

KO-Cub

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

And Ike's Final Smash? Definitely needs to be nerfed a bit.

N***ga U WOT!? - Wait... Why? I mean it can only be used with items on and it did get nerfed from Brawl to Smash 4.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Squid wrote:

I think we need less counter moves.

^^This^^.

I dunno. I mean, if Roy came back. Give the Marth, Roy, Ike and Lucario invincibility from counter moves for inventing the thing or apart from those four, all the Smash 4 charas that got a counter has less counter time span and Lucina with Vantage instead where its a quick attack that does more damage if your opponent was about to launch an attack?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

We already know which game competitive players are going to.I'll give you a hint it starts with a M.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

MetalK9 wrote:

I'm just glad their's no wave-dashing, L-canceling and nonsense.

I actually really miss those techs (because they make the game faster), but I don't think they would be a good fit for SSB4. Why? Because of online. If a casual player goes against someone who knows how to do those techs properly, then they probably have no chance of wining. While I do miss those techs, I can adapt (unlike most competitive players), so it doesn't bother me that much.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MsJubilee

CapeSmash wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

I actually really miss those techs (because they make the game faster), but I don't think they would be a good fit for SSB4. Why? Because of online. If a casual player goes against someone who knows how to do those techs properly, then they probably have no chance of wining. While I do miss those techs, I can adapt (unlike most competitive players), so it doesn't bother me that much.

I thought you were going to say lag cause imagine doing all those techs with lag?And worst unbearable lag?Wow

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

veeflames

Wait... Why? I mean it can only be used with items on and it did get nerfed from Brawl to Smash 4.

Hey. Some people try to relax and have fun in For Fun sometimes(I know I do). And when a F. Smash knocks a [light] character out with damage as little as 30% out, then you know that's unnecessarily strong. That said though, It IS FOR FUN where stage hazards make things unpredictable. Since there are no items in For Glory, I'm cool with that.
Bottom line: Not really a believer in certain moves be needed or whatever... Oh, and please, language.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Drobotic

Does anyone else think Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven could've been put in the game as a fighter or assist trophy?I mean,he has been in all three games and could work as a regular fighter and have a Final Smash like that of Donkey Kong.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

shingi_70

midnafanboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

We already know which game competitive players are going to.I'll give you a hint it starts with a M.

So why doesn't nintendo and the tournaments basiccly cut melee off and incentive the pro players to move over to the lastest game. I know I would hate come Novemeber if the majoirty of the Halo pro community stayed over at H2A which is essentially a game that released n 2004.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So why doesn't nintendo and the tournaments basiccly cut melee off and incentive the pro players to move over to the lastest game. I know I would hate come Novemeber if the majoirty of the Halo pro community stayed over at H2A which is essentially a game that released n 2004.

Because that would fail miserably.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So why doesn't nintendo and the tournaments basicly cut melee off and incentive the pro players to move over to the lastest game. I know I would hate come Novemeber if the majoirty of the Halo pro community stayed over at H2A which is essentially a game that released n 2004.

That wouldn't be fair for the people who actually like Melee we can't force someone to like smash 4 or anything.But if they start being a pathetic fanboy and saying melee this melee that and won't shut up about the game.Yeah those type of people should keep their mouth shut.But that's how i think about the thing,and no i don't hate the competitive scene,just hate melee fanboys.

shingi_70

Why I know the FGC has been far more resliant too any organization compared to the MOBA and FPS genre, but make the pot big enough and most people would leave Meele and Project M behind. Halo 4 had a big population drop off and the pro market dried up in favor of sticking with 3 due to how crappy the game was, but right when 343 announced the Halo 4 championship all the dudes ho crap talked the game came back for it. Thankfully Halo 5 is a really good game made for competitive play so it won't have that big of a problem. The same has to be said for melee right?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

Why I know the FGC has been far more resliant too any organization compared to the MOBA and FPS genre, but make the pot big enough and most people would leave Meele and Project M behind. Halo 4 had a big population drop off and the pro market dried up in favor of sticking with 3 due to how crappy the game was, but right when 343 announced the Halo 4 championship all the dudes ho crap talked the game came back for it. Thankfully Halo 5 is a really good game made for competitive play so it won't have that big of a problem. The same has to be said for melee right?

Literally just described how to corrode a community.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Storytime7

shingi_70 wrote:

This is an awful idea, and I would suggest watching matches from actual tournaments to see why some people in the community still play Melee competitively over the other Smash games. This isn't a series that was always meant to be competitive, or a series where the developers were smart enough to appeal to both audiences. The difference between Smash games in terms of competitive viability is much larger than Street Fighter, or even Pokemon. Smash 4 might be competitively viable, but it's too early to tell. Cutting out Melee would only damage the competitive scene, not help it grow.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

shingi_70

The game has been out since November right. I thought that would be enough time to see if its compettivly viable. I don't really follow the smash community but was going to start with Apex.

I'm just going by what I know of other games with a pro scenes. It took the weekend of the Halo 5 beta to figure out it was a competitive oriented game.

WAT!

Tsuchinoko

I know that Eventhubs tier is just a popularity contest, but its fun to check in on once a day. Diddy and Rosalina have been neck and neck at the top for a while, with Sheik right behind them. My main, Zelda, is actually climbing slowly out of the muck and might overthrow Samus soon to get to spot 35. Donkey Kong is back in last place.

Wonder how Mewtwo and any future updates are going to change things.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Retro_on_theGo

The thing with Smash that I've seen from following the community (I've never played melee) is that Melee really is an entirely different monster from Smash 4. Melee is a lot more technical with advance tech and movement options, plus there's actual true combos. Most pro players don't get that excitement from playing Smash 4.

I don't think offering a bigger cash prize would just make everyone switch over. The smash community is already actually kind of pissed off about the Nintendo sponsorship at Apex because it cost them Project M at the tournament. People were mad at Apex for taking the sponsorship at the cost of the game. Competitive smash has been almost entirely grassroots. They have no problem supporting themselves anymore and I don't think a huge cash prize would tempt them at all.

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

I actually really miss those techs (because they make the game faster), but I don't think they would be a good fit for SSB4. Why? Because of online. If a casual player goes against someone who knows how to do those techs properly, then they probably have no chance of winning. While I do miss those techs, I can adapt (unlike most competitive players), so it doesn't bother me that much.

"I can adapt (unlike most competitive players)" Just. Wow. I don't really know what your implying, but I'm not sure that's fair to say. The entire point of Smash competitive is adapt through the match. Unless your talking about Melee'ers going into Smash 4 then ok then.
It has nothing to do with adapting when someone doesn't know about it. That isn't about "Adapting" at all. They bent Sakurai's arm (Metaphor) to play the game how they wanted it to be played. Not how it was intended. L-Canceling, Wave-Dashing. There's a good reason why Sakurai made it that you have certain height before fast falling. If he wanted them in, he'd put them in and have the Hints talk about them. Remember Sakurai said he could have made it a lot more competitive.
Because It makes the game faster. Yeah, but Melee is the fastest Smash game in general anyway. Imagine Sonic in Melee.

Edited on by KO-Cub

KO-Cub

Storytime7 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

This is an awful idea, and I would suggest watching matches from actual tournaments to see why some people in the community still play Melee competitively over the other Smash games. This isn't a series that was always meant to be competitive, or a series where the developers were smart enough to appeal to both audiences. The difference between Smash games in terms of competitive viability is much larger than Street Fighter, or even Pokemon. Smash 4 might be competitively viable, but it's too early to tell. Cutting out Melee would only damage the competitive scene, not help it grow.

I think people would just drop Smash in general if that happened. Smash Melee is basically a FG like none other. Maybe the reason why they haven't moved on is because this is a Smash game that can be played at any pace due to the fact they find techs and flawed mechs to change the game entirely. It isn't about knocking off screen by building damage no more. Even at 30 - 50% you can get repeatedly knocked further and further away from the stage through someone jumping off stage to Ko you. I bet if Nintendo let some one make a Fighting Game like Melee but without characters from Nintendo. Melee people would move to play it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic