Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,761 to 20,780 of 27,917

TeeJay

DreamyViridi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I just tried him out and noticed something. His up tilt can't be executed whenever? I have to wait until it's fully charged every time? That complicates things...

Yes, the kick requires a small charge-up with no way to speed up the process. That's normally why it's considered useless but with right timing and pressure in matches, opponents either won't notice it or make a mistake. It's a matter of practice really and don't spam it. It's more of a surprise move than anything. The author of that video goes into more detail in one of the comments.

Yeah, it does seem like a simple matter of spending time with the character. A matter of taking lots of losses before everything clicks and you become a beast.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo6400

DreamyViridi wrote:

@TheGreatBrawler - Yes, I don't know what it is about Smash 4 Ganon but he's quite fun to play as when done right. A montage video showed me the light (or darkness?) on Ganon's Up-Tilt and ever since, I've loved getting KOs with it.

Ganon is one of my mains despite his awkward moveset.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

Ok, so i just did my first competitive online tournament, and I have to say it was pretty fun. In the beginning did a lot of 2 and 0s, but then I fought a yoshi player who was the best I ever fought and he beat me. They were close though! then I fought another guy who countered picked to rosalina and i nearly beat him. It's hard for me to complement rosalina players because i think shes a bit broken. Then finally i lost to another guy who counter picked ...Diddy. I have to say, i never had a problem fighting Diddy and didn't think he was that broken, until moments ago. He spammed bananas and U airs like there was no tomorrow! He even bested me as Mario, a reflecting character. I also just learned that diddy has too good of a grab range. Seriously even when I banana-ed him, Mario was to slow to follow up with it (I couldn't grab either)!

Overall, it was fun, but I don't think I'll be doing another one anytime soon. Mostly because its very time consuming and addition to Rosy and Diddy who I hope get nerfed in the future.

CapeSmash

Untitled

"Smashville Network"

Dying! XD

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo6400

I still remember when people thought bowser and zss were the cheapest characters.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

CapeSmash

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ok, so i just did my first competitive online tournament

How? The update for online tourneys isn't even out yet!

On a side note, I'm going to really feel bad for 3DS only owners if Smash 3DS doesn't get online tournaments.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

It would be cheap if you can speed up ganon's up tilt lol. I have had some amazing timing with it, in my opinion it's much easier to do than Falcon's up tilt because Falcon's up tilt is meant for meteor effect and if you stay at the very side the opponent would expect it...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

My brother used Ganon in For Glory yesterday. He's awesome. He's powerful. He's awesome. I have to consider maining him. In the meantime, I've gotta formulate a strategy against Ganondorfs. To the Practice Mode!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blast

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I still remember when people thought bowser and zss were the cheapest characters.

They are very powerful but at least ZSS isn't cheap. Bowser is very cheap.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

CapeSmash wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ok, so i just did my first competitive online tournament

How? The update for online tourneys isn't even out yet!

On a side note, I'm going to really feel bad for 3DS only owners if Smash 3DS doesn't get online tournaments.

I want on ssb4 reddit and saw that the people called hypes weekly. It involves exchanging FC between one and other.

The worst thing about that Diddy player is that he admitted to me that he Almost never uses Diddy. Always spamming that banana combo. I hope there's another balancing patch on the way.

Nintendo6400

Tarrazu wrote:

Rosalina doesn't really need a nerf. There a lots of bad things about her, such as her recovery and how much she sucks when her Luma is dead.

I'm pretty sure she was already nerfed in the last patch, anyway.

I want her u air nerfed to much range.

Grumblevolcano

I want Flare Blitz to be considerably nerfed, it's so easy for people to win just by using that move and nothing else.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I want Flare Blitz to be considerably nerfed, it's so easy for people to win just by using that move and nothing else.

Haha. Nice Joke. Good Joke.

Seriously though, I don't like nerfing. I knew Little Mac was a little op in the beginning but until they figured out that flaw to beating him after the nerf, didn't seem like he really deserved one. No one does. Because you can't play the game right you think you have the right to nerf someone. I think Shulk's Down Smash is a little BS. That move hangs for a long time so no dodge or from behind roll to in front is actually a good idea. But you just gotta deal with it. Sakurai said the launch of Palutena's Up Smash isn't as barely as strong as if it hit someone from the bottom of the attack, but turns out that there isn't a lot of difference on where it hits. So I felt lied to, but whatever. I deal with it.
I'm just glad their's no wave-dashing, L-canceling and nonsense.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Pootypie

I barely ever use Charizard's flare blitz, I think I use his rock smash a lot compared to flare blitz.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

veeflames

"I'm just glad their's no wave-dashing, L-canceling and nonsense."
Exactly. As long as that's not there, I'm fine. Sure, it's convenient, but it doesn't make sense physically.
As for merging, I believe only few moves should be nerfed. Flame Blitz, however, is not a to-nerf move. It's easy to dodge, and those that spam it are just making themselves predictable. At least, the move does recoil damage. Now a move like... most of Ganon's, as awesome as they are, might prove frustrating to other players. And Ike's Final Smash? Definitely needs to be nerfed a bit.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

veeflames

Looking at other Smash character's moves, which move do you wish your main character had? I wish Kirby had some sort of Counter move.

God first.

FriedSquid

I think we need less counter moves.

Robin's Nosferatu was a good change of pace as a down+B move that wasn't Counter, especially for a Fire Emblem fighter.

(or are we just talking about the competitive side of things? )

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

WiiUseeker2

King Boo should be added as a playable character! Someone call Nintendo!!!!!

WiiUseeker2

Pootypie

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

King Boo should be added as a playable character! Someone call Nintendo!!!!!

No not King Boo, Boo.

Pootypie

shingi_70

So thoughts on both Smash 4 and Melee in evo?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic