Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,801 to 20,820 of 27,917

shingi_70

I've been watching some streams switching between KI and SSB4. In between I checked out some melee and it is indeed a much different beast than SSB4. Personally I prefer the newer game and find it far more interesting, but I can see why the melee dudes are melee dues.

I'm still of the mind that when a sequel is released the previous game should be relegated to exhibition at tournys.. You don't see Mortal Kombat X and Injustice both at the upper tiers. The roster EVO looks good with a nice mix of different fighters but removing melee could let the tournament try an Arena fighter like Naruto or Rise of Incarnates.

I watched Neo Canda and the last match of the winners bracket was intense.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tsuchinoko

I'm sorry, I'm really trying to just wait until the topic changes as I really don't want to get involved, but please don't call the developers out. Sakurai has spoken clearly about this topic before.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Oh my god, "For Glory" should be named "For Spam." I was playing team matches with my brother and we encountered so many freaking Charizards and Toon Link. Whenever I see them I know what's going to happen, Toon Link would just stay at edge and shoot projectiles. For Charizard, we just shield at beginning of the match because we know what's going to happen. So we met another Charizard one time and we decided to be Ike and Marth just to spam counter. We won just by doing counter, if only for glory can filter spammers lol.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Oh my god, "For Glory" should be named "For Spam." I was playing team matches with my brother and we encountered so many freaking Charizards and Toon Link. Whenever I see them I know what's going to happen, Toon Link would just stay at edge and shoot projectiles. For Charizard, we just shield at beginning of the match because we know what's going to happen. So we met another Charizard one time and we decided to be Ike and Marth just to spam counter. We won just by doing counter, if only for glory can filter spammers lol.

For Glory sucks.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

KO-Cub

CapeSmash wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

For Glory sucks.

I like it.
I would say the repetition effect would need a buff. But I'm not sure if that would buff or nerf Mario's Up-tilt combo or Sheik's Side-tilt combo. Just block Charizards attacks. And have 2 v 1 on charizard while the other guy wastes time not doing anything. It's happened.
I have an example story. Bowser Jr. using projectile spawning and spamming on the edge and Mario was close up against my Ike and my ally Villager. Villager would sometimes Pocket the projectiles while I lay into Mario. Villager would use the projectiles on Mario and before the buzzer. I Ko'ed Mario for win. Because someone wasn't a team sport. You just gotta turn it in your favor. Like Little Mac's Flurry Attack and Ganondorf using Down-Air on the trapped enemy. It's satisfying.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

MetalK9 wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

For Glory sucks.

I like it.
I would say the repetition effect would need a buff. But I'm not sure if that would buff or nerf Mario's Up-tilt combo or Sheik's Side-tilt combo. Just block Charizards attacks. And have 2 v 1 on charizard while the other guy wastes time not doing anything. It's happened.
I have an example story. Bowser Jr. using projectile spawning and spamming on the edge and Mario was close up against my Ike and my ally Villager. Villager would sometimes Pocket the projectiles while I lay into Mario. Villager would use the projectiles on Mario and before the buzzer. I Ko'ed Mario for win. Because someone wasn't a team sport. You just gotta turn it in your favor. Like Little Mac's Flurry Attack and Ganondorf using Down-Air on the trapped enemy. It's satisfying.

Again, just like with Capesmash, I would wait. The competitive players are still tinkering with the game. I wonder if its different by region? I haven't played online here (Japón) in a while, so I don't know where the competitive Japanese players are at.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

MetalK9 wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

For Glory sucks.

I like it.

I still and will always play FG, no matter how bad it is (because it's online). But still, 99.8% of the matches I encounter on teams are mindless spammers, and I also encounter them on 1v1, but not as much.

To the people who enjoy spamming the same moves over and over... is that what you call fun? Do legitimately get enjoyment out of that? Are you really that desperate to win? I'm confused to why spammers (of any meda, not just Smash) exist.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

Dunno lol, but it's fun to make fun of them by spamming counter xD

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I think I may have actually watched your match on spectate yesterday. It was the only failure of my maximise coin strategy, namely "Charizard will always win because virtually all of those players are Flare Blitz spammers".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Flare Blitz is pretty much, imo, a less accident-prone Jolt Haymaker (Little Mac Side-B). Obviously, spamming it is a dumb idea and using it at the wrong time can result in you flying offstage. It's easily shielded so if the opponent sees it coming, you'll be punished.
On the other hand, used correctly; it can win you matches. It's a good recovery move and because it doesn't affect your air physics; you could use it to fake out ledge-guarders (Instead of just grabbing the ledge, I'll Flare Blitz your face!). Don't use it at all until late game and you'll have a surprise tactic ready.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I think I may have actually watched your match on spectate yesterday. It was the only failure of my maximise coin strategy, namely "Charizard will always win because virtually all of those players are Flare Blitz spammers".

You watched me? I was named "Great Lord" (if it does show the players' names, I'm not sure because I never do spectate) and the Charizard was white color. I did face a lot of other Charizards, so I'm probably referring to the wrong one if you did watch me lol. I hope you didn't watch the match when I was facing against two Kirbys god that was a terrible match.

Pootypie

Pootypie

Tarrazu wrote:

Flare Blitz is very easy to counter. I'd go as far to say it's one of the worst moves that Charizard could spam.

It has a long startup time, so it's easy to know when you have to shield. After blocked, Charizard's end lag is tremendous; you can punish it with basically any attack you want.

Yeah lol, when my brother and I picked Ike and Marth, first thing we did was counter and Charizard went right into that then I just dodged it and he SD, not sure how he had fun spamming side b lol.

Pootypie

KO-Cub

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Flare Blitz is very easy to counter. I'd go as far to say it's one of the worst moves that Charizard could spam.

It has a long startup time, so it's easy to know when you have to shield. After blocked, Charizard's end lag is tremendous; you can punish it with basically any attack you want.

Yeah lol, when my brother and I picked Ike and Marth, first thing we did was counter and Charizard went right into that then I just dodged it and he SD, not sure how he had fun spamming side b lol.

Meh. whatever works. Whatever floats their boats.That make us win.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

For Glory sucks.

I like For Glory. Sure, it can be frustrating at times, but it's satisfying winning matches one by one. Not to mention it's addicting. I also like For Fun, maybe even more than For Glory. For one, that stress and pressure in For Glory isn't present in For Fun; you can mess up and try out tricks without that mindset that your KOs and wins are recorded. For Fun is also classic Smash Bros.. What's not to love? I only wish all those modes had more choices like Mario Kart 8.
As for spamming... the more I read the posts, the more I realize I'm a bit guilty. But I'm wouldn't call it spamming. I'd call it... mind games with my opponent. I use Duck Hunt's clay pigeons and cans to build up damage of my opponents. Then I grab 'em, throw 'em and use aerials to attack. I can't really rush into battle with DH because there's a 90% chance I'll miss my attacks. The clay pigeons also interrupt the combo attacks of my opponents. Hmm. Now that I say it, I sure wouldn't call it spamming.
I hate spammers, that's for sure. Flare Blitz spammers I laugh at, but the rest? Gotta hate them. I guess you just have to learn how do deal with counters(grab, delay attacks) and frequent spammed attacks.

P.S. I totally wish you can disable records in For Glory. I kinda hate those records.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

You watched me? I was named "Great Lord" (if it does show the players' names, I'm not sure because I never do spectate) and the Charizard was white color. I did face a lot of other Charizards, so I'm probably referring to the wrong one if you did watch me lol. I hope you didn't watch the match when I was facing against two Kirbys god that was a terrible match.

It does show the names and no it wasn't you, that said the main reason I use spectate is because of that ridiculous "300,000G" challenge. If you're extremely lucky, you could get 100,000G in one streak.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Tarrazu wrote:

<rant>
I absolutely hate fighting Ganondorfs on FG.
Most of my matches against Ganondorks have been incredibly boring; nearly every Ganon player on FG relies solely on side-B>dtilt. I swear that's the only combo they know of. It's easy to counter, but it still makes for a boring match.
</rant>

Face my Ganondorf and you have intense match.

Pootypie

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

<rant>
I absolutely hate fighting Ganondorfs on FG.
Most of my matches against Ganondorks have been incredibly boring; nearly every Ganon player on FG relies solely on side-B>dtilt. I swear that's the only combo they know of. It's easy to counter, but it still makes for a boring match.
</rant>

Face my Ganondorf and you have intense match.

Man i really hope you're a good player,if you're not damn.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

I'm an amazing player, how could you underestimate me?! I do use side b to down tilt sometimes, but barely. It's not very reliable especially that opponents can sometimes have enough time to react before you do the down tilt.

Pootypie

Nintendo6400

That side b and down tilt comb with Ganon isn't always a guarantee.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic