Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,721 to 17,740 of 27,917

IceClimbers

I refuse to watch that intro until I have the game in my hands. MUST. NOT. SPOIL.

Also, Rayquaza appears similar to his boss battle in Brawl. Is Rayquaza a stage boss, or is he part of a Boss Battle Mode that we don't know about? Or is he just a simple stage hazard that goes by, just simply referencing his boss fight in Brawl?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MasterWario

Man this is getting ridiculous.
Refrigerator Rotom confirmed for Smash.
Why? Because.
(\s)

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Captain_Toad

Heh, I'm so glad I woke up in the morning and watch the direct instead of watching it at night. Worth waking up to.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

iKhan

I really wish they brought back some Smash 64 stages. Namely, Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land, and Saffron City.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CapeSmash

I just noticed that Jigglypuff has blue eyes in 3DS version, and green eyes in the Wii U version.

Also... WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE EPIC INTRO?? ;~;

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

The opening was ok, my favorite is melee's.

I thought it was incredible. But yeah, Melee's is better. That's pretty much fact. lol

Smash Mains:

Aviator

SockoMario wrote:

THE INTRO IS SO FU***@#$KING AWESOME!!!!

WOW

EDIT: The comments on the video are absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of evil casual fanboys who worship Brawl's awful story mode.

It's all the character videos we've already seen mixed with some zoomed in gameplay footage.

Not "THE INTRO IS SO FU***@#$KING AWESOME!!!!" at all.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CapeSmash

Aviator wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

THE INTRO IS SO FU***@#$KING AWESOME!!!!

WOW

EDIT: The comments on the video are absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of evil casual fanboys who worship Brawl's awful story mode.

It's all the character videos we've already seen mixed with some zoomed in gameplay footage.

Not "THE INTRO IS SO FU***@#$KING AWESOME!!!!" at all.

The intro is hype. I can't believe people were expecting there to be an intro like Melee. Also, Melee's intro was just the E3 trailer for the game.

Smash Mains:

Eel

Yellowtails wrote:

Brawl did have the worst opening. (Not that it was bad, just not as great as the previous 2, and apparently the later 2).

It was just a collage of Subspace Emissary videos, so yeah that one was kinda disappointing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

Morpheel wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Brawl did have the worst opening. (Not that it was bad, just not as great as the previous 2, and apparently the later 2).

It was just a collage of Subspace Emissary videos, so yeah that one was kinda disappointing.

Yeah, I hated Brawl's intro when I first saw it. But if you ignore the fact that the cinematics are just the Subspace cutscenes, it's actually pretty epic.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

jariw

You don't want to see these if you don't want spoilers. Otherwise, make sure to view them in 1080p!

Overall impression from playing 3 hours SSB U, with direct feed gameplay:

Ridley in Pyrosphere Stage (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Wuhu Island (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Master Hand & Crazy Hand, Bowser Jr. Trophy - Classic Mode (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Yoshi's Woolly World Stage (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Orbital Gate Stage (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Mario Circuit Stage (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

Kalos Pokémon League Stage (1080p Direct Feed Gameplay):

jariw

CapeSmash

LucinaSmash wrote:

Ubisoft should canceled Watch Dogs Wii U at this point

I agree. That game won't even sell 100 copies.

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

LucinaSmash wrote:

Ubisoft should canceled Watch Dogs Wii U at this point

Don't really know what that has to do with this thread, but yeah, it's pretty much pointless. They obviously don't give a crap, it's obviously going to sell like crap, there really isn't any point in it. Also, if they go and blame us for not buying it like how they said Nintendo fans don't buy games like Assassin's Creed, then I will go and say 'Maybe you should've released it earlier, dumbdonkeys!' But in all seriousness, what does this have to do with Smash Bros?

Edited on by theblackdragon

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

Watch dogs selling 100 copies? The port won't even reach 20 copies with smash bros releasing it on the same day.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Every intro without the SUUUUUUPEEEEERRRRRR SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRRRRSSS!!!!!!!! yell sucks worse than stepping on a Lego in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. That yell got me so f***ing pumped to play smash. I did the shout super effing loud when I first played Brawl

Funny thing is, Xander Mobus (the SSB4 announcer) said he did some takes for "SUUUUPPPPEERRR SMMMMAASSSHHH BRRROOOTTHHHHEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!"

I guess Sakurai didn't want to use them in the game.

Smash Mains:

shingi_70

Any word on the games filze size?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CapeSmash

Okay, here's a list of stages that will most likely be used in tournaments (I'm not sure how many people are interested in this subject, but I'm listing them anyway.)

Battlefield - Legal
Final Destination and FD stage forms - Legal
Lylat Cruise - Legal
Town & City - Legal
Smashville - Legal
Halberd - Counterpick
Skyloft - Counterpick
Castle Seige - Counterpick
Big Battlefield - I'm not sure about this one. It seems overly large to be legal. It may be a counterpick.

A counterpick stage is basically a stage for specific characters (I think).

Also, five legal stages, just like in Melee and Brawl.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic