Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,701 to 17,720 of 27,917

CapeSmash

I'm going to make boring flat stages with a few platforms in Stage Builder.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

The_Ninja

DreamyViridi wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

The_Ninja wrote:

Ice Climbers can come back for New 3DS and Wii U. I'm 100% sure New 3DS can handle it. It has a quad core CPU and can handle Xenoblade.
Now, I wonder if Nintendo is gonna release a patch for SSB 3DS that takes advantage of the New 3DS's power....

I don't see Sakurai wanting to put Ice Climbers in if people who don't own a New 3DS can't have them.

But he did put Mewtwo in and people who don't own both systems can't get them.

The Ice Climbers are absent due to technical issues. If the New 3DS can handle it, the regular 3DS can't and both meet in online or local battles, something's bound to go wrong.

I guess that there could be some sort of mode that allows use of the Ice Climbers, but you can only fight against New 3DS users.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

PanicPuppet

iKhan wrote:

Why are you upset now? Why not back in April when Ridley was revealed as a boss. Or in September when the final roster was revealed.

You Ridley fans crack me up.

He wasn't revealed as anything yet in April, and "final roster" was subjective since most knew the Wii U would get some exclusive content; which of course starts with characters. I'm upset because they put a lot of effort into both Dark Samus and Ridley. Their movesets are there, they just need some expanding upon. But they're ultimately put aside for characters like Dark Pit. (ugh)

PanicPuppet

NintendoFan64

Austroid wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Why are you upset now? Why not back in April when Ridley was revealed as a boss. Or in September when the final roster was revealed.

He wasn't revealed as anything yet in April, and "final roster" was subjective since most knew the Wii U would get some exclusive content; which of course starts with characters. I'm upset because they put a lot of effort into both Dark Samus and Ridley. Their movesets are there, they just need some expanding upon. But they're ultimately put aside for characters like Dark Pit. (ugh)

In his defense, Dark Pit was supposed to be an alt. for Pit. He was just added later as a bonus because he would be easy to code. But yes, I have to agree with you. The fact that they're just assist trophies/bosses when their move sets are clearly drawn out is ridiculous.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

Austroid wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Dark Pit was an alt originally. He didn't take anyone's "slot" (slots don't exist).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Honestly, I think Sakurai has set himself up for when Smash 5 comes later down the line. Dark Samus, Ridley, Takamaru, and Magnus all seem to have movesets ready to use, especially Ridley. In all honesty though, I'd rather see Hades as playable than Magnus. On the other hand, if Magnus' Theme isn't in Smash Wii U, I will flip so many tables.

Henmii

As for Mewtwo: Cool that he is coming, but lets hope he's not a Lucario clone.

Henmii

Pootypie

Why are we even talking about Smash 5... probably won't come out for more than 6 years...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

IceClimbers

Henmii wrote:

As for Mewtwo: Cool that he is coming, but lets hope he's not a Lucario clone.

He never was a Lucario clone. They only have one similar move (Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball), which already is similar to Samus' Charge Shot.

That being said, Mewtwo was still a clone in Melee. He'll be a clone in Smash 4 too. He's a clone of Mew!

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

Before:
Untitled

After:
Untitled

Yeah, that, uh...that sounds a bit right. XD

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

I bang my head repeatedly on my keyboard whenever someone says Mewtwo is a Lucario clone just because they share a move. Going by that ****ty logic, Palutena is a clone of Little Mac because they both have a counter move, or Yoshi is a Sonic clone because they both have a rolling move, or Pit is a clone of Link because they use a bow and arrow, or Meta Knight is a clone of Ike because they both have swords.

Ridiculous. Now my head hurts.

(Sorry if this post came off as mean, but it makes me furious when people say crap like that.)

Smash Mains:

IceClimbers

So GameXplain is posting 1080p direct feed gameplay on various stages. The Kalos Pokemon League stage had CYNTHIA'S INTRO AND BATTLE THEME! playing!!!

Smash_kirby

SockoMario wrote:

I bang my head repeatedly on my keyboard whenever someone says Mewtwo is a Lucario clone just because they share a move. Going by that ****ty logic, Palutena is a clone of Little Mac because they both have a counter move, or Yoshi is a Sonic clone because they both have a rolling move, or Pit is a clone of Link because they use a bow and arrow, or Meta Knight is a clone of Ike because they both have swords.

Ridiculous. Now my head hurts.

(Sorry if this post came off as mean, but it makes me furious when people say crap like that.)

First off everyone is a Marth clone.
Second I always thought of Mewtwo as an combination of multiple characters, Ness's second jump, Zelda's teleport, Mario's cape, Samus's charge shot, Zelda and Ness's throws.

Smash_kirby

LzWinky

Yellowtails wrote:

They put all that work into Ridley, they might as well made him playable.

I don't think making a limited stage boss is remotely the same as programming a fully playable character

Also, Sakurai will never release Ice Climbers if one system cannot handle it. Ridley and Ice Climbers will not be characters. Time to move on

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

Who knows, maybe at this point they might make a son of Ridley that can be playable and be in the new Metroid....doubt it but it could be a unexpected possibility.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jariw

Yellowtails wrote:

This game is screaming DLC.

Do you feel Wii U version contains too little content?

jariw

IceClimbers

Look who makes Ridley look tiny:

Untitled

LzWinky

Rayquaza confirmed for Smash 5 because he's not that big

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

THE INTRO IS SO FU***@#$KING AWESOME!!!!

WOW

EDIT: The comments on the video are absolutely pathetic. Just a bunch of evil casual fanboys who worship Brawl's awful story mode.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic