Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,961 to 16,980 of 27,917

CapeSmash

KryptoKrunch wrote:

King K Rool: Yes
Ridley: I guess. I'd like another Metroid rep but always questioned how Ridley would play.
Wolf: I thought people hated clones?
Mewtwo: Yes.
Masked Link: Eh, we already have Toon Link which was basically Young/Masked Link's replacement. There's better Zelda reps to be had(Impa for ex.)
Bandanna Dee: Interesting to character to be in a Smash game.. Guess he'd work..
Roy: I liked his huge sword move(B) in Melee. We already have 4 Fire Emblem reps and 3 of which are sword fighters similar to Roy. I'd like to see him return but I wouldn't count on it.
Lucas: See Wolf.
Isaac: Yes

Wolf isn't a freaking clone or semi-clone, and Lucas is a semi-clone. smh.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

I-U

I have no issue with any of these characters except for the first two. Playable characters work better for playable character slots, so I'd put in Dixie and Sylux to additionally rep. Donkey Kong and Metroid respectively. That said, due to the fact the only other playable characters aside from Samus in the Metroid series aren't that well known or impactful, I'd say Metroid is right where it should be at 2 reps unless they decide to add another Samus in the form of Justin Bailey, which I'll admit could be interesting.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Yoshi

I'm just going to assume that you inserted a huge "GENERALLY" in your post, because I can point out a lot of characters in Smash that are not normally playable otherwise.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT????

I can't believe I have not tried this yet, but the alternate costumes for Bowser Jr. are the seven Koopalings. Why did it take me so long to find this?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

I-U

brewsky wrote:

I'm just going to assume that you inserted a huge "GENERALLY" in your post, because I can point out a lot of characters in Smash that are not normally playable otherwise.

Ganondorf - became playable in Hyrule Warriors
Sheik - became playable in Hyrule Warriors
Duck Hunt
Palutena
Wii Fit Trainer

There are only five characters in Smash 4's roster that haven't already been playable to some extent outside of the series. That's no where near a lot. It's around 10% of the game's total roster. Playable characters are better suited for playable character slots in this game.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

LzWinky

Lucina's alternates are the female characters of Awakening

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FriedSquid

K. Rool: don't really care. I think Dixie would be a better choice
Ridley: sure if 1. They can make him work (unlikely) and 2. To convince stubborn Ridley fans
Wolf: sure
Mewtwo: yes but also to convince stubborn Mewtwo fans
Bandana Dee: not a chance
Roy: nope. gimme Chrom instead if we have to have another FE rep
Lucas: yes
Isaac: yeah, only because his exclusion so far is suspicious

I still think we could see a Rhythm Heaven character, Impa, Excitebiker, and (dare I say it) Proto Man.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MsJubilee

Woah those trophies look awesome!!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

I-U wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Ganondorf - became playable in Hyrule Warriors
Sheik - became playable in Hyrule Warriors
Duck Hunt
Palutena
Wii Fit Trainer

There are only five characters in Smash 4's roster that haven't already been playable to some extent outside of the series. That's no where near a lot. It's around 10% of the game's total roster. Playable characters are better suited for playable character slots in this game.

I think we can all agree that Ganondorf should have been based on his Hyrule Warriors play style, he also wouldn't be a slow Captain Falcon clone that way.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FriedSquid

Hyrule Warriors is probably too new for Sakurai to have pulled inspiration from (another reason why I'm a little unsure about Impa). Who knows if he even knew what Ganondorf was like in the game if Koei Tecmo was developing it. At the very least I think it's reasonable to say Sakurai didn't know much about Ganondorf in the game at the time of Smash's development.

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

FriedSquid

Untitled
"Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing."

Untitled
"Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man."

Wow, these Trophies look beautiful. I'm very surprised also that these were from the ground up. Can't wait to see more Trophies in gorgeous HD.

I guess the mention of Proto Man as a Trophy probably kills my theory of him being playable DLC. My only question now is why they didn't make him an Assist...

Also, seeing more MMX stuff makes me really hope that they add some music from the X series in the Wii U version. There are many great tracks in Mega Man X1 that I would love to see get some remixes. Then again, a MMX song might not work for the Dr. Wily stage...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

KO-Cub

Bass? Treble? Zero?!! !!!! !!! !!!!!
HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

jariw

Is it only me that's annoyed by the lack of lighting on the trophy screen shots? The models all look fantastic, but all trophy models are just put on top on a Smash Brothers disc model, without casting any shadows. I get the impression that this would never happen if it had been made by a Nintendo EAD (look at the 3D awards at the end of a MK8 cup for example).

jariw

DreamyViridi

jariw wrote:

Is it only me that's annoyed by the lack of lighting on the trophy screen shots? The models all look fantastic, but all trophy models are just put on top on a Smash Brothers disc model, without casting any shadows. I get the impression that this would never happen if it had been made by a Nintendo EAD (look at the 3D awards at the end of a MK8 cup for example).

While that doesn't bother me too much, I understand what you mean completely.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

KO-Cub

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

3DSfan134 wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I actually got around to using Mewtwo better than Lucario. I actually hope he returns as DLC, but if he doesn't I'm perfectly fine with it.

Also, anyone who says Lucario is a Mewtwo clone obviously haven't played Melee.

In fact I've never played Melee(actually I did, but we can't talk about it here) and tbh, Lucario isn't a Mewtwo clone from what I saw in Smash 3DS.

Lucario and Mewtwo have some similarities cannonically, but in Smash their only similarities is one of their moves. If anything, the Pokemon that had the most similarities in Smash to it's counterpart was Pichu, but even then he was literally a younger version of Pikachu.

I think why people call Lucario a clone (I say Copy, Paste and Edit job.) off Mewtwo because of the similarities. Outside Smash: They both have bipedal bodies. They talk through telepathy. Can learn very similar moves and both had a movie with Mew along with having massive rolls in the Pokemon universe. Often people compare these two as rivals and even both are very iconic and have a fan base that most of the time attack each other in my veiw.
In Smash: I play Mewtwo more up in peoples face than Lucario. Lucario can do that too, but I also see a high gameplay of defensiveness too. Both have long rolls, good juggling air attacks such as Forward and Up, Up smashes kinda the same except Mewtwo hits multiple times, both Side Smash's have sweet spots, both have pretty good recovery and with both I commonly see them get Ko'ed by launch, both are floaty and light, both have good grabs and pummeling is kinda the same, the Nautral B is the same. Forgot to mention Shadow Energy was basically replaced by Aura purple flame.
These are what are similar between the two for me and maybe these are why people say "Clone".

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

NintendoFan64

LucinaSmash wrote:

Bass and Zero trophy. Also Roll and Proto Man are mention too
Untitled
Untitled

So much detail.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

What's everyone's top 10 bests/mains? Would be interesting to know everyone's. I can start off:

1. Charizard
2. ROB
3. Captain Falcon
4. Luigi
5. Doctor Mario/Mario (they are both technically the same)
6. Ike
7. Donkey Kong
8. Bowser
9. Villager
10. Greninja

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi_Prime

Got my Yoshi classic controller that looks like a Gamecube controller yesterday. The time to Super Smash with it is soon to come.

Yoshi_Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic