8. Yoshi
7. Captain Falcon
6. Ike
5. Little Mac
4. Pac-man
3. Ganondorf
2. Bowser
1. Link

Hilariously enough, I almost never use Link. Pac-man is usually my first pick, then Little Mac, then Ganondorf. After that I might try any of these ten or even Bowser Jr. Link and Bowser usually come out if I'm having a rough time with an opponent or I'm running out of characters I feel like playing.

My WORST characters:
10. Luigi
9. Villager
8. Pikachu
7. Mega Man
6. Marth
5. Fox
4. Metaknight
3. Rosalina & Luma
2. Greninja
1. Pikmin & Olimar (Alph)

I still can't play Fox to save my life. Heck, even Falco isn't far from this list. It really saddens me that I can't play any Star Fox characters anymore. I really love Corneria, but I just can't use these characters in the slightest.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Yoshi_Prime

I guess I should actually answer, though I really haven't played enough with any one character to make that assertion (except for Yoshi, even though I've played over 24 hours. What have I been doing?).

1. Yoshi
2. Robin
3. Kirby
4. Meta Knight
5. Lucina (AKA Marth)
6. Shulk
7. Charizard
8. Greninja
9. Zero Suit Samus
10. Bowser

These were total guesses. I really need to play more with the characters.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

MasterWario

1. Robin - Put a lot of time into learning this guy, so now I think he's my best
2. Shulk - My main until Robin happened
3. Mr. Game & Watch - Because he's op; also bacon
4. Bowser Jr. (Ludwig) - Also op, and blowing up the clown car in peoples faces is hilarious.
5. King Dedede - He might be higher on this list but certain playstyles/characters can beat him easily.
6. R.O.B. - op
7. Mega Man - That over-smash is amazing
8. Mii Swordfighter - Would use a ton more if I could use em' online
9. Bowser - Would probably be higher if I played him more. He's op.
Anything past that is just a mesh. Really any character can be really good if you play them enough. I could get practically any character on this list with enough practice. Honorable mentions go to Olimar, Wario, Dr. Mario, Charizard, Link, Pit...

Also, when I say op, I mean there are certain strategies with them that can beat people of same or lesser skill than you with little effort, like Bowser's over-B.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Pootypie

Interesting lists... anyone up to battle me this weekend? Lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DreamyViridi

I'm a Jack-of-all-Trades, so I don't really have mains and do well with the majority of characters. I could try a list though. In no particular order...

1. Lucina - Always liked Marth's play style minus the Sword tip mechanic so Lucy's perfect
2. Mario & Dr. Mario - Always been my go-to. If I want more power, I go with the good Doc.
3. Mega Man - Those who say he's a bad fighter just suck at playing as him.
4. Pac-Man - He feels like Mario in terms of jumps and attacks. Playing him felt natural.
5. Shulk - Don't care for the game he's from, he's an alright Smasher though.
6. Pit & Dark Pit - Love Uprising, love these two.
7. DHD - Don't play these guys often but when I do, I normally do them justice and win.
8. Luigi - It's Luigi, I needn't say more, but I should practice him more.
9. Palutena - A little slow but I like her and shall make her work.
10. Bowser Jr. - ...I must say, he's pretty alright.
Honourable Mention to Mii Brawlers & Gunners. I don't like Swordfighters for some reason.

Still in training - Rosalina & Luma, Fox, Zelda and Sonic

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

Considering Dr. Mario has the spin move on his down-B, I feel like he's a much superior version of regular Mario. Also I noticed the pills have variable % rates.

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I would but...secure internet problems.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Pootypie

MasterWario wrote:

Considering Dr. Mario has the spin move on his down-B, I feel like he's a much superior version of regular Mario. Also I noticed the pills have variable % rates.

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I would but...secure internet problems.

I like Doctor Mario more than Mario just because of down b really, a move can change everything.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Okay, here are what I consider to be my mains:
1. Dr. Mario: I love him mainly because his inclusion is so ridiculous, it's awesome. Also, I am really good as him, obviously.
2. Luigi: He is basically Mario...but better. He was going to be my main in this game like in Brawl, but then...Dr. Mario happened.
3.Duck Hunt: Making the Duck Hunt Dog likeable has to be Sakurai's greatest achievement.
4. Ludwig: The way the clown car is implemented into the Koopaling's moveset is actually pretty creative. I always choose Ludwig, because he's my favorite.
5. Ness: If you saw my avatar, you should've known he was coming. He takes a bit of skill to use, in my opinion, kind of like Megaman.
6. Mii: I mainly like this because I can put all of my Tomodachi Life islanders into Smash Bros. thanks to this. Also, you can put ANYONE into Smash Bros. with this, such as Mr. Saturn or Expand Dong (yes, I made an Expand Dong Mii. Don't judge!)
7. Pacman: Proof that Sakurai is showing guest characters more respect than their own companies.
8. Captain Falcon: Falcon Punch. Need I say more?
9. Bowser: Finally...FINALLY, I can actually play as Bowser!
10. Robin: I haven't mained him/her yet, but i am planning to, because from what I've played, I want to main him/her.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

I do have to say that Bowser improved a ton, I like the way he plays now. I wasn't good with him in Brawl but now I am.

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

Hmm... I'm definitely in the minority when I say I prefer regular Mario. I'm a jumper, even with Little Mac, I like to jump around to catch my bearings. Dr. Mario, while awesome, is not as flexible in that regard. A lot of times, his Jump Punch lacks and gets me killed.

"If I was Mario, I would've made that..."

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

Hmm... I'm definitely in the minority when I say I prefer regular Mario. I'm a jumper, even with Little Mac, I like to jump around to catch my bearings. Dr. Mario, while awesome, is not as flexible in that regard. A lot of times, his Jump Punch lacks and gets me killed.

"If I was Mario, I would've made that..."

Do you use his Side B move to help to recover?

Pootypie

DreamyViridi

Mario? Yes, very much so.
Dr. Mario? Pointless, as the sheet doesn't stop his momentum like Mario's Cape does. Helpful for fighting back while advancing, recovering not so much.

Mario Maker Levels

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

Mario? Yes, very much so.
Dr. Mario? Pointless, as the sheet doesn't stop his momentum like Mario's Cape does. Helpful for fighting back while advancing, recovering not so much.

Yeah I noticed that, maybe they did that because of the change in down B. That's why it's kind of hard for me to debate who is better Doctor Mario or Mario...

Pootypie

retropunky

Here are my mains so far:

1. Ness
2. Pikachu
3. Marth
4. Mega Man
5. Lucina

I gave up on Fox since Brawl. He was so much better design wise and play wise in Melee and in 64.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

SparkOfSpirit

1. Kirby - My main since 64. Nice and powerful, agile, and has excellent recovery
2. Ness - My other main since 64. Hits harder than he did in Brawl, and his PK Thunder is the best its ever been.
3. Toon Link - I've always preferred the speed of Toon Link to normal Link. I also use his ALTTP/LA/ALBW costume.
4. Luigi - Luigi's as good as he's ever been. Luigi Cyclone is deadly, and his jump is crazy good.
5. Mega Man - Projectiles everywhere! My favorite newcomer.
6. Dr. Mario - Heavy hitter. The first time I've liked using Mario since Melee.
7. Duck Hunt - The can! Also, his moves are so crazy fun to use.
8. Ludwig - Bowser Jr. has one of the best new movesets, but I still stick to my man, Ludwig. Yes.
9. Little Mac - I'm not much of a ground fighter, but Little Mac has helped my realize how fun it can be to stick to it.
10. Captain Falcon - Finally, the cap is back and the best he's been in a long time.
11. Sonic - Now that he can actually KO, I like him much more than Brawl.
12. Mii Brawler - Why are these guys so strong? My John Reese Mii is one of my favorite characters to use.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Storytime7

So far, I tend to play as these characters the most:

1. Rosalina & Luma
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Lucina
4. Captain Falcon
5. Pac Man
6. Little Mac

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CapeSmash

1. Mario - He's a boss in this game. HIS COMBO GAME IS INSANE!
2. Dr. Mario - Heavy hitting, and his black coat alt is AWESOME!
3. Sonic - Still isn't good at KOing. Only good kill moves are back air, and his smash attacks. Up air is a good option too. But anyway, he's better than he was in Brawl, and very fun to use!
4. Captain Falcon - GREAT combo game, AND THE KNEE OF JUSTICE... HOLY S*@$% IT'S SO POWERFUL!! I just wish the sweetspot had a bigger hit box like in Melee...
5. Fox - COMBOS COMBOS COMBS COMBS AND COMBOS!! Better than he was in Brawl, but his shine still SUCKS. Why can't he jump out of it???? T_T
6. Little Mac - He's a monster of a powerhouse, and extremely fun to use!
7. Shulk - I didn't think I would like him, but... WOW! HE'S AMAZING! I'm not very good with him, and I don't really know any good combos for him. But he's still very fun to use!
8. Rosalina & Luma - She's a pretty technical character to use, which I like. She's also really powerful.
9. Duck Hunt - Neutral B, side B, down B, rinse and repeat. Very, very fun character to use.

WORST CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME:
1. Palutena - Pathetic awful character with an extremely generic moveset. Extremely overrated, and she's just so awful it's not even funny. Bottom tier you go.
2. Dark Pit - He's better than Mewtwo, but I consider him one of the worst because of such a lazy clone he is. Alph would have been a better clone.
3. Marth & Lucina - They nerfed Marth to s*** in this game. I just don't enjoy using them that much, at least in the 3DS version I don't.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

FlaygletheBagel

My Top 5:

1) Mr. Game and Watch - I was VERY surprised G&W turned out to be my main. He was never my favorite in Melee and Brawl, but he KILLS in one-on-one battles on 3DS. He's fast, his downward air attack is swift and powerful, and his recovery is strong while still allowing him to attack afterward. I got 30 wins in a row once I started using him, and that's after having pretty much an equal win/loss ratio before.
2) Zero Suit Samus - She was one of my least favorites in Brawl, but they really beefed her up in this game. I love her down special; it makes for a quick dodging move and tends to catch opponents off guard. Unlike Mac, her air game is excellent, and her range is unmatched. She's extremely quick too, and is great at launching opponents.
3) Little Mac - I just love this guy. He's unbelievably fast and his punches send people flying. His side special is a better recovery move than his actual recovery, plus he dodges most projectiles in the process.. But GEEZ his air game is bad. So bad.
4) Captain Falcon - They pretty much fixed all the problems I had with Captain Falcon in Brawl. He's an all around powerhouse, with plenty of speed and the ability to launch people all over the place. He's got a good mix between attacks that are swift (Falcon Kick, any move than involves him running) and attacks that are powerful (Falcon Punch, pretty much any of his smash attacks).
5) Ike - I'm always going to have a soft spot for Ike. He was my main in Brawl and is mostly unchanged in this game. Unfortunately his lack of change also puts him behind the above characters, at least for me. His sword launches people like crazy, and countering is one of the most effective moves he's got. He's sort of slow and lumbering for the most part, but his side B is quick and always catches people off guard.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

2Sang

SockoMario wrote:

1. Mario - He's a boss in this game. HIS COMBO GAME IS INSANE!
2. Dr. Mario - Heavy hitting, and his black coat alt is AWESOME!
3. Sonic - Still isn't good at KOing. Only good kill moves are back air, and his smash attacks. Up air is a good option too. But anyway, he's better than he was in Brawl, and very fun to use!
4. Captain Falcon - GREAT combo game, AND THE KNEE OF JUSTICE... HOLY S*@$% IT'S SO POWERFUL!! I just wish the sweetspot had a bigger hit box like in Melee...
5. Fox - COMBOS COMBOS COMBS COMBS AND COMBOS!! Better than he was in Brawl, but his shine still SUCKS. Why can't he jump out of it???? T_T
6. Little Mac - He's a monster of a powerhouse, and extremely fun to use!
7. Shulk - I didn't think I would like him, but... WOW! HE'S AMAZING! I'm not very good with him, and I don't really know any good combos for him. But he's still very fun to use!
8. Rosalina & Luma - She's a pretty technical character to use, which I like. She's also really powerful.
9. Duck Hunt - Neutral B, side B, down B, rinse and repeat. Very, very fun character to use.

WORST CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME:
1. Palutena - Pathetic awful character with an extremely generic moveset. Extremely overrated, and she's just so awful it's not even funny. Bottom tier you go.
2. Dark Pit - He's better than Mewtwo, but I consider him one of the worst because of such a lazy clone he is. Alph would have been a better clone.
3. Marth & Lucina - They nerfed Marth to s*** in this game. I just don't enjoy using them that much, at least in the 3DS version I don't.

Don't you dare compare Mewtwo to Dark Pit. Mewtwo was one of the most unique characters in melee, and still has a unique moveset. Dark pit is the worst thing since pichu.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Mewtwo is an overrated character alot of people think's he's an amazing character,don't know why.What's so special about him?Nothing he's in the same boat as every pokemon who got in smash as a playable character nothing new nothing less.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic