Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,701 to 15,720 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

Kewlan wrote:

I didn't think the 3DS was THAT weak...

I wonder if Ice Climbers would have been playable if Smash 3DS was a New 3DS exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

IceClimbers wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

jariw wrote:

Apparently, Ice Climbers are absent because of the lack of hardware power on the 3DS:
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-addresses-ice-climbers-...

Should have sticked to Wii U only

Too late at that point. Cancelling the 3DS version would have likely made people boycott the Wii U version out of anger.

The Wii U version will have much more content and flexibility outside the roster to make it a completely different gaming experience. But the Wii U version will not be portable, so the 2 versions will ultimately be aimed towards different types of gaming. Only some things will be shared between the games as a compatibility layer (such as connectivity and roster). I think it makes perfect marketing sense that the 3DS version gets all the spotlight for now.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

UGXwolf

So guys, I've figured it out! The fanboys are in the five stages of grief!

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage
3) Wolf fans - Bargaining (I'm not giving up until Sakurai specifically says no >w>)
4) Lucas fans - Depression
5) Ice Climbers fans - Acceptance

Funny how the characters that were never in Smash are the slowest to go through the stages while the most deserving fans of indignation (the ones that got shafted by the game having a 3DS version) were the quickest of the five to get over it? Funny how that works.

EDIT: Also, are there REALLY doubts going around that Smash Wii U will have more content than Smash 3DS? I thought the game was confirmed to be around or even over 5 GB. Guys, that missing 3 gigs? That's not HD graphics, there. That's content.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf Of course there's doubts regarding content of the Wii U version because nothing special about the Wii U version has been announced yet except that it supports GCN controllers. As for the file size logic, not necessarily as Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is around 2GB and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is around 11GB yet the latter has less content.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MajinSoul

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@UGXwolf Of course there's doubts regarding content of the Wii U version because nothing special about the Wii U version has been announced yet except that it supports GCN controllers. As for the file size logic, not necessarily as Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is around 2GB and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is around 11GB yet the latter has less content.

^ This. Also HD files are huuuuge. I just hope they offer some information on the Wii U version. Though, Sakurai telling us that he didn't intend to continue the POTD after the release of Smash 3DS could imply that there is not that much to show about the Wii U version. I hope I'm wrong, though.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage
3) Wolf fans - Bargaining (I'm not giving up until Sakurai specifically says no >w>)

Funny how the characters that were never in Smash are the slowest to go through the stages while the most deserving fans of indignation (the ones that got shafted by the game having a 3DS version) were the quickest of the five to get over it? Funny how that works.

EDIT: Also, are there REALLY doubts going around that Smash Wii U will have more content than Smash 3DS? I thought the game was confirmed to be around or even over 5 GB. Guys, that missing 3 gigs? That's not HD graphics, there. That's content.

Allow me to put this here. I reblogged this on my tumblr earlier this week.

Warning. Strong language.

http://ace1h.tumblr.com/post/97238774969/the-stages-of-knowin...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CaviarMeths

Hey guys, I just talked to Sakurai (we're pen pals) and he has confirmed that the Wii U version has no modes. It's just the 3DS demo version in HD.

Seriously though, that some people are convinced that the Wii U version will lack content is frankly stupefying.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage

I'm just gonna put this out there, but I will never say anything along the lines of "Wolf doesn't deserve a spot, anyways." Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. "That's just what someone coming out of the anger stage WOULD say!" I assure you that it's got nothing to do with my denial. I firmly believe Wolf deserves a spot, and conditions granted, I strongly believe he'll be back, either as DLC or in Smash 5.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage

I'm just gonna put this out there, but I will never say anything along the lines of "Wolf doesn't deserve a spot, anyways." Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. "That's just what someone coming out of the anger stage WOULD say!" I assure you that it's got nothing to do with my denial. I firmly believe Wolf deserves a spot, and conditions granted, I strongly believe he'll be back, either as DLC or in Smash 5.

I believe you on that. I think for Lucas and Mother 3 fans, unless he gets put in DLC, possibly by people showing interest, I doubt he'll ever be back. Especially if Mother 3 doesn't get an international release.

Edit. BTW, the Wolf cut is a bit strange, since he did say just recently that they were going to give less priority to franchises that didn't have a new installment planned. Isn't there a Star Fox WiiU coming out, and is Wolf in it?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

MegaStoneSmash91

To me, doubting the Wii U version's content is illogical. There's no way Sakurai would stick everything good in the 3DS version and leave the Wii U version a barren wasteland. The reason nothing has been announced yet is, simply put, because nothing has been announced yet. The 3DS version releases first, so it naturally took the spotlight. The Wii U version will have it's share of exclusive content and modes, people just need to be patient.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage

Yeah...that sounds about right. I think I made it to acceptance. There were characters I wanted in, but there's nothing I can do, and I was really enjoying the roster up until the full game got out. I still like the roster, and I'm not gonna let the lack of Lucas and the Ice Climbers ruin it for me.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I think it's a great idea to make a 3DS version of smash, but I think sticking to console only would have been better. Why? It would have a lot more stuff, bigger roster, no one is cut, better modes, greater improvements, a great focus put into just one thing. I think if they sticked to Wii U only, the profits would probably be a lot better because people would like to buy a Wii U because it will have a ton of stuff for smash instead of being halfed into what it's supposed to have. Nintendo ruined their chance, but I don't mind. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 million+ sales says you're wrong

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

To me, doubting the Wii U version's content is illogical.

Yeah, I have no idea how that even became a thing.

I have no doubt that the WiiU version will be the definitive version by far. The 3DS game still just feel like a "taste" of what is to come to me. I doubt I'll even play the 3DS game much after the WiiU title is released.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tsuchinoko

The fact that Wolf and Lucas both got cut made that bit in the robot chicken sketch a bit more cruel.

Crimzonlogic

TheGreatGamer wrote:

They just showed the menu icons. You can't see the colors well in those.

This is better, shows full-body pictures, but doesn't have unlockable chars:
http://www.gamesradar.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-alternat...

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Kewlan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I wonder if Ice Climbers would have been playable if Smash 3DS was a New 3DS exclusive.

That would actually be very interesting to know..

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

NintendoFan64

Kewlan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

That would actually be very interesting to know..

I actually did think "Oh! Maybe they could be exclusive DLC to New 3DS owners!", but then I thought about it more, and...I don't even think that could happen. There are just some big problems I see with this. I mean, what if your playing online with the Ice Climbers against someone who owns a regular 3DS? Also, wouldn't this be slightly unfair to regular 3DS owners? Can the New 3DS handle them? Would Sakurai be willing to go through the trouble? Long story short, at this point I think it'd be a miracle if they actually get to be DLC.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TuVictus

UGXwolf wrote:

1) Ridley fans - Denial
2) Mewtwo fans - Rage

Looking around the Internet I'd say most people are still at the rage stage

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic