Forums

Topic: Square-enix lying about kingdom hearts 3.

Posts 121 to 140 of 174

Blast

@SomeBitTripFan Man, I hear you.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

"The bigger they hype, the harder they crash.", unless that hype turns into something like the PS2.

I like how your logic is "this thing sure does happen, except when it doesn't". 5 stars, would read again.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SomeBitTripFan

@kkslider5552000: What I'm saying is that there is a zone where hype only results in disappointment, but at a certain point a threshold is crossed and they hype carries it through. Look at the Wii U launch, the 360 lauch, the PS3 launch, OUYA, Beyond: Two Souls, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and ET: The Game. There has to be enough hype, or at least something not totally disappointing to preserve momentum. Is there ever a true definite in the world? Yes, gravity, physics, and the like, but trends can't all follow the exact same path, some have factors that produce a different result, but since you seem to derive pleasure from taking anything I say to an absolute literal and bashing it on that basis, I guess I need to post walls of text to put my exact thoughts in the most long-winded, unnecessarily descriptive way possible.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

SCRAPPER392

Well, I've been pretty content with my Wii U. I was actually playing it a ton more, before Pokemon came out today, of course.

Like Nintendo said, I think it's a matter of understanding the system that ends up mattering the most. All we have is the hardware with not that much software available and the OS isn't finished, and people tend to look at what the hardware can do from a first impression.

I could tell everyone that I'm 100% sure Wii U can do more than it is currently, but noboby really ever cares. The most interesting part is how alot of people gradually have come to an understanding that Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 when alot of us knew that from the start.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Peach64

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix announced for a worldwide release in 2014! Includes final mix versions of KH2 and Birth By Sleep. So happy about this news as I don't have a PSP anymore, and you can't get BBS digitally so no way to play it on Vita. It also had remastered cut scenes from Re: Coded.

Peach64

shingi_70

@Blastoise-san

hoho my friend you forget that Microsoft has enough money to do what ever the hell they want, and Sony has returned to profitablitly. Both companies have other bussness that makes money that will make up for theier systems being slow. Hence your assumption that the Xbox One and PS4 being a big blow for the companies of they struggle is wrong. Espically since both companies still have two consoles that will probably sell the best this holiday season. Now Nintendo is on the end of the specturm that if the Wii U is doing badly they're a bit ****** since the company has only two core bussiness. Doesn't mater how great the 3DS is doing if the other 50% of your company is struggling. Back in the day the GBA could cover the Gamecube losses but development and hardware costs are too much for that ,

Also people seem to be much more repctive of digital content on the Xbox/Playstation eco system than they are Nintendo's. There a reason why the Vita despite selling like crap has a high attach rate and higher developer support in surveys than the 3DS. (though that's Nintendo's fault to be honest/)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

Sony_70 wrote:

@Blastoise-san

hoho my friend you forget that Microsoft has enough money to do what ever the hell they want, and Sony has returned to profitablitly. Both companies have other bussness that makes money that will make up for theier systems being slow. Hence your assumption that the Xbox One and PS4 being a big blow for the companies of they struggle is wrong.

PS4 struggling would definitely be a blow to Sony. Why else would they have said this?
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/17/andrew-house-sony-comp...

Edit: I suppose Lz's right about Microsoft also taking a blow if XBO fails.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

LzWinky

Actually Pachter suggested that Microsoft would hurt a lot if the Xbox one failed. Keep in mind they are taking risks everywhere

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Actually Pachter suggested that Microsoft would hurt a lot if the Xbox one failed. Keep in mind they are taking risks everywhere

It depends on how the rest of their bussiness are doing. Office and Azure are doing just fine with Azure seeing some growth. Windows was still doing great and Windows 8 is catching more momentum as we speak. The only real risk from a product line is the Surface and that's only due to the RT varient as the Surface Pro sold pretty well .
Microsoft's biggest problem is less that the company is any real risk but their late to alot of markets. WIndows Phone is number #3 and is seeing a a nice amount of growth yet it was late to the amrket and will never be #1 or #2. Microsoft also has the problem that Apple is facing that PC's in thre tradtional sense are giving way to chromebooks and Tablets.

But I do understand the point your coming from.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Did anyone else compare the new Kindom Hearts 3 game to Super Mario 3D World?

Qwest

Wheeler

SCAR392 wrote:

Why? There completely 2 different games. -_-

Wheeler

SCRAPPER392

ShadowFox254 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm talking graphically. This is what this thread was about to begin with... Square Enix said Wii U wouldn't be able to run this game because of the lack of Direct X 11 support(and many said it was graphic problems).

Qwest

GuSolarFlare

ShadowFox254 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think he's talking about the graphics... SM3DW looks great!!!!
ninja'd...... lol

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Wheeler

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm talking graphically. This is what this thread was about to begin with... Square Enix said Wii U wouldn't be able to run this game because of the lack of Direct X 11 support(and many said it was graphic problems).

Should have use X, then. Anyway, yes it can handle KH3, but SE doesn't want to waste their time on porting it to the Wii U.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

GuSolarFlare

after watching one of the KH3D trailers I have to say... it looks less impressive than many SE games from WiiPS360 gen... of course I'm not talking about Wii games

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

SCAR392 wrote:

It does seem odd because Wind Waker has some pretty impressive effects

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Wheeler

GuSilverFlame wrote:

after watching one of the KH3D trailers I have to say... it looks less impressive than many SE games from WiiPS360 gen... of course I'm not talking about Wii games

CGI doesn't count.

Wheeler

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.