Forums

Topic: Square-enix lying about kingdom hearts 3.

Posts 101 to 120 of 174

Discostew

FullbringIchigo wrote:

look we all know why none of these games are coming to the WiiU and it saddens me to say it but it has nothing to do with incompatibility, the WiiU just isn't selling (which is a shame because i love it) and even games that are released on the WiiU are getting shafted just look at Assassin's Creed 4 none of the DLC is getting released on the WiiU at all, Mass Effect 3 never got any DLC and games that were exclusive like Rayman Legends or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut went multiplatform

honestly Nintendo need to step up their game this time because they did release a console at the wrong time that was vastly inferior tech wise to the upcoming systems and they haven't pushed it in advertising either, they ain't going to get a free ride this time not like with the Wii and publishers are not going to relase a game on a system where they won't make their money back from it

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

but i will give Nintendo this, they are never afraid to try something new even if it does fail

When you look back at what 3rd parties offered at Wii U launch, they helped in ruining it. I mean, look at what EA did. ME3 at full price with other systems getting the trilogy for the same price, FIFA 12 disguised as FIFA 13, etc, and that's just one company. They gave very little support from the very beginning, and continue to do so by ceasing exclusiveness, leaving out game modes/content but keeping the price tag, and let's not forget SE's pathetic excuse of Deus Ex HR being more expensive on Wii U because "It's new for Nintendo fans"....

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

cookiex

FullbringIchigo wrote:

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

Even if they started working on a system right now, you wouldn't see one released until late 2016 at the very earliest, and starting from scratch so soon would be a massive financial risk.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jaz007

Atatabear wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Don't forget you missed out on Sly Cooper. You and far too many other people...

Not to put down Sly Cooper, cause I bet he's a cool guy, but, he doesn't exactly fit the colorful individuality.

I don't know what game your talking about, the story and characters are part of the reason to buy a Sly Cooper game.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Atatabear wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Don't forget you missed out on Sly Cooper. You and far too many other people...

Not to put down Sly Cooper, cause I bet he's a cool guy, but, he doesn't exactly fit the colorful individuality. His gameplay is kinda right next to crash, spyro and jak and daxter... so he's pretty irrelevant in my book.

...But...the colorful characters and stories are a big part of all of those games, and Sly Cooper does have very different gameplay from what you're describing. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about here. :/

cookiex wrote:

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Even if they started working on a system right now, you wouldn't see one released until late 2016 at the very earliest, and starting from scratch so soon would be a massive financial risk.

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

I think he means that they are thinking of next gen, anyway. They always start thinking of the next thing, regardless.

That's just the way things go. Even if you buy top of the line stuff, something better usually always comes out as soon as a month after.

EDIT: Aside from that little tidbit, I think the Wii U will be fine. It's still next-gen in basically everyway. It would be like saying Dreamcast wasn't 6th gen when it technically was.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

JetForceSetGrind

FullbringIchigo wrote:

look we all know why none of these games are coming to the WiiU and it saddens me to say it but it has nothing to do with incompatibility, the WiiU just isn't selling (which is a shame because i love it) and even games that are released on the WiiU are getting shafted just look at Assassin's Creed 4 none of the DLC is getting released on the WiiU at all, Mass Effect 3 never got any DLC and games that were exclusive like Rayman Legends or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut went multiplatform

honestly Nintendo need to step up their game this time because they did release a console at the wrong time that was vastly inferior tech wise to the upcoming systems and they haven't pushed it in advertising either, they ain't going to get a free ride this time not like with the Wii and publishers are not going to relase a game on a system where they won't make their money back from it

but i will give Nintendo this, they are never afraid to try something new even if it does fail

No... Wii U is much less powerful and uses a completely different computer architecture than the PS4 and XB1....

JetForceSetGrind

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I think he means that they are thinking of next gen, anyway. They always start thinking of the next thing, regardless.

I hope that's what Canis meant. I really hope so.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SCRAPPER392

@BanjoThreeie
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how any of these consoles are better than the the other hardware wise... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these consoles were just as comparable as the 6th gen machines.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

EdJericho wrote:

50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games

you're doing it wrong

but of course so did 95% of the population so...

kkslider5552000

EdJericho wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games

you're doing it wrong

but of course so did 95% of the population so...

Why? Because not many of the 3rd party games either didn't interest me or I preferred getting them on the PS3 instead. Besides that if you had read I said there was still more games I'd want to get.

Well, let's compare it to my Wii collection.

I had to double check, but just in terms of retail games it was pretty much 50/50 for me. Nintendo does edge out in terms of average quality of those games admittedly. I have exactly 8 games, four of each, which would be less than a good game. I did not miss out on a single first party title that actually interested me, outside of the Nintendo published Pandora's Tower (which I kinda hate myself for). But I can think of several 3rd party games that I missed and would really like and I rented some that I know are good. It probably helps that I like pratically every genre.

CanisWolfred

When the hell did Nintendo publish 40 Wii games? I only have 7 Nintendo games for the Wii, and I got 27 Wii games total...

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I hope that's what Canis meant. I really hope so.

Pretty much.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

When the hell did Nintendo publish 40 Wii games?

Despite having about 25 or so Nintendo published Wii titles, there were like 10 just from 2007/8 that I don't own.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SCRAPPER392

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now. I used to have a ton of 3rd party before I liquidated my stock, though.

I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games and that's like half of what I used to have. My only 3rd party game is The Conduit. Sad, I know, but like I said, I got rid of alot once I was done with them and they were just sitting there...

I only had Wii until 2009, so I always paid attention to the "core" games first and foremost. Redsteel, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, etc. I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.

I'd say there's definitely at least 40 Nintendo published games, though. That's also a time when I was searching out GCN games since the Wii was BC. It was nice playing GCN games in 480p for the first time, since that component cable was too overpriced to really appreciate.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now.
I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games

I only had Wii until 2009
I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.

I'm confused

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now.
I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games

I only had Wii until 2009
I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.

I'm confused

Sorry. I had a Wii, then got a PS3 when the slim came out, then I got a Xbox 360 S around Halo Reach launch. I gave the Wii to my bro since I got a Wii U. I transfered all the stuff. I'm trying to say that's all I had until I got other systems.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

BanjoThreeie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@BanjoThreeie
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how any of these consoles are better than the the other hardware wise... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these consoles were just as comparable as the 6th gen machines.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_C...

I'm guessing you're looking at the GPU, CPU, and ammount of teraflops section? From what I understand, the Wii U's GPU and CPU act separately from each other(and need to be programmed to work together), while the GPU and CPU are already working in unison inside of the PS4 and Xbox One.

Just look at it this way: The Wii U's CPU cores BY THEMSELVES can create most of what an Xbox 360 can do without harnessing much of the GPGPU at all. The GPGPU can basically create double of whatever that chart says if I understand correctly. Those specs don't say how all the components are interacting with each other.

I could be completely wrong with the specifics of how this stuff works, but I'm 100% sure the Wii U wouldn't even be able to run a game as good looking as X or Mario Kart 8 if it wasn't more capable than what you're obviously basing your thoughts on. X looks basically on par with Final Fantasy 15, so I'd say let the games do the talking.

This is only Wii U's first year, too. They can probably get things looking 20% better on all systems before they're maxed out for this gen.

EDIT: When you look at how Nintendo is getting games to run in 60FPS, at least 720p(I presume 1080p will eventually be norm throughout the gen), and multiple motion controllers with the possibility of 3D, there's ALOT going on. Even how much data and the obviously improved textures and polygon count are enough to come to a reasonable conclusion that Wii U is alot more powerful than 7th gen, and considerably less than other 8th gen systems.

I'd say Wii U is 10-20% less than Xbox One, and 25-30% less than PS4, but in the overall scope of video game history, it's not that much. I don't think Sony can even start to think about understanding the PS4. I'm only worried about what these companies can do with the systems, not overall capability. Nintendo will put tons of good games that will probably match Sony and Microsoft, even with a weaker machine. My point is that it's not as weak as you think, but not as strong as you think I think.

EDIT2: That's also why I think 4K will play a larger role in the long run than people tend to believe. 4K can get all your games looking tremendously better without actually having more on screen. Just look at Monster Hunter Tri vs. 3 Ultimate. They revamped the textures for HD. Now imagine the textures are all there, but there is no HD, it ends up looking obviously better in HD. I think PS4 at the very least will need 4K, otherwise you won't even be able to see the better graphics.

I knew PS4 and Xbox One could do 4K before they even confirmed it. Sony is full of crap when they say it can't run games in 4K. Same thing with BC on both of those consoles. It's all a matter of programming and know how. You can have a fast car, but if you don't know how to shift gears, you ain't gonna get anywhere.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Blast

Lets be REAL here. The Wii U is struggling but at least Nintendo can afford it. They are working hard on it and the U will eventually gain more steam in the upcoming months and 2014. The massive 3rd party support won't come until 2014. Sony and Microsoft are pouring alotta power into the PS4/One. If those consoles struggle for a just a little bit.. it will be a deafenining blow to Sony and Microsoft. Those two powerful consoles cannot afford any months were the sales aren't amazing or huge. I got nothing against the PS4/One. I think they both are awesome. Just wait until the launch hype dies for these consoles... As in... the people who could afford the PS4/One have bought the console(s) they want on launch day. But what about what happens after launch day? The people who can't afford them yet can't buy them. The PS4/One might struggle like crazy. The economy in America is just awful. Like, REALLY, bad. D:

But will we see that many articles talking about how the PS4/One are struggling with sales when it inevitably happens? HA! I highly doubt it. Alotta gaming media have been writing about how bad the U is selling for a good while now. I'm nearly positive those same gaming media won't do the same when the PS4/One struggle. I'm telling you guys.. Just watch how the PS4/One launch happens. Wait until a few months after November to see how people are reacting....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SomeBitTripFan

@Blastoise-san:

Remember the Wii U launch? That thing was selling like hotcakes, and now it's struggling. As I like to say, "The bigger they hype, the harder they crash.", unless that hype turns into something like the PS2.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.