Forums

Topic: Square-enix lying about kingdom hearts 3.

Posts 101 to 120 of 179

FullbringIchigo

look we all know why none of these games are coming to the WiiU and it saddens me to say it but it has nothing to do with incompatibility, the WiiU just isn't selling (which is a shame because i love it) and even games that are released on the WiiU are getting shafted just look at Assassin's Creed 4 none of the DLC is getting released on the WiiU at all, Mass Effect 3 never got any DLC and games that were exclusive like Rayman Legends or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut went multiplatform

honestly Nintendo need to step up their game this time because they did release a console at the wrong time that was vastly inferior tech wise to the upcoming systems and they haven't pushed it in advertising either, they ain't going to get a free ride this time not like with the Wii and publishers are not going to relase a game on a system where they won't make their money back from it

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

but i will give Nintendo this, they are never afraid to try something new even if it does fail

i'm not sure how i feel about an all digital future but if they sort the prices out (why they still cost more than physical i'll never know) and give us HUGE HDD's then it should be fine i guess

Discostew

FullbringIchigo wrote:

look we all know why none of these games are coming to the WiiU and it saddens me to say it but it has nothing to do with incompatibility, the WiiU just isn't selling (which is a shame because i love it) and even games that are released on the WiiU are getting shafted just look at Assassin's Creed 4 none of the DLC is getting released on the WiiU at all, Mass Effect 3 never got any DLC and games that were exclusive like Rayman Legends or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut went multiplatform

honestly Nintendo need to step up their game this time because they did release a console at the wrong time that was vastly inferior tech wise to the upcoming systems and they haven't pushed it in advertising either, they ain't going to get a free ride this time not like with the Wii and publishers are not going to relase a game on a system where they won't make their money back from it

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

but i will give Nintendo this, they are never afraid to try something new even if it does fail

When you look back at what 3rd parties offered at Wii U launch, they helped in ruining it. I mean, look at what EA did. ME3 at full price with other systems getting the trilogy for the same price, FIFA 12 disguised as FIFA 13, etc, and that's just one company. They gave very little support from the very beginning, and continue to do so by ceasing exclusiveness, leaving out game modes/content but keeping the price tag, and let's not forget SE's pathetic excuse of Deus Ex HR being more expensive on Wii U because "It's new for Nintendo fans"....

As a dev of blargSNES, just stop with the claims that o3DS can emulate SNES games accurately @ 60fps. It cannot.

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

cookiex

FullbringIchigo wrote:

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

Even if they started working on a system right now, you wouldn't see one released until late 2016 at the very earliest, and starting from scratch so soon would be a massive financial risk.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jaz007

Atatabear wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Don't forget you missed out on Sly Cooper. You and far too many other people...

Not to put down Sly Cooper, cause I bet he's a cool guy, but, he doesn't exactly fit the colorful individuality.

I don't know what game your talking about, the story and characters are part of the reason to buy a Sly Cooper game.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Atatabear wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Don't forget you missed out on Sly Cooper. You and far too many other people...

Not to put down Sly Cooper, cause I bet he's a cool guy, but, he doesn't exactly fit the colorful individuality. His gameplay is kinda right next to crash, spyro and jak and daxter... so he's pretty irrelevant in my book.

...But...the colorful characters and stories are a big part of all of those games, and Sly Cooper does have very different gameplay from what you're describing. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about here. :/

cookiex wrote:

FullbringIchigo wrote:

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

Even if they started working on a system right now, you wouldn't see one released until late 2016 at the very earliest, and starting from scratch so soon would be a massive financial risk.

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

I think he means that they are thinking of next gen, anyway. They always start thinking of the next thing, regardless.

That's just the way things go. Even if you buy top of the line stuff, something better usually always comes out as soon as a month after.

EDIT: Aside from that little tidbit, I think the Wii U will be fine. It's still next-gen in basically everyway. It would be like saying Dreamcast wasn't 6th gen when it technically was.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

JetForceSetGrind

FullbringIchigo wrote:

look we all know why none of these games are coming to the WiiU and it saddens me to say it but it has nothing to do with incompatibility, the WiiU just isn't selling (which is a shame because i love it) and even games that are released on the WiiU are getting shafted just look at Assassin's Creed 4 none of the DLC is getting released on the WiiU at all, Mass Effect 3 never got any DLC and games that were exclusive like Rayman Legends or Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut went multiplatform

honestly Nintendo need to step up their game this time because they did release a console at the wrong time that was vastly inferior tech wise to the upcoming systems and they haven't pushed it in advertising either, they ain't going to get a free ride this time not like with the Wii and publishers are not going to relase a game on a system where they won't make their money back from it

honestly i really wish Nintendo would just say that the WiiU is a HD Wii and not their true next gen system and start working on a new one, i know it would seem like a wast but with the PS4 and XB1 round the corner the WiiU will really struggle and i don't think it's first party games will carry it this time

but i will give Nintendo this, they are never afraid to try something new even if it does fail

No... Wii U is much less powerful and uses a completely different computer architecture than the PS4 and XB1....

JetForceSetGrind

EdJericho

CanisWolfred wrote:

Atatabear wrote:

the reason I bought Nintendo products were for games like Kingdom Hearts >l.

You do have a point with the rest of your comment, but honestly, ever since the N64, Nintendo never gets the big-name games on their consoles. To put it bluntly, outside of that one-off game that was really good, you generally don't buy a Nintendo console if you want games like Kingdom Hearts.

You don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd parties would be more blunt really. I have 48 Gamecube games and only 16 of them are 3rd Party (7 of them Sonic) leaving 32 being 1st Party Nintendo games. I also have 50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games. Granted my collecting for both still isn't finish but once I do complete what I want to get it'll still be Nintendo games being the greater amount.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

I think he means that they are thinking of next gen, anyway. They always start thinking of the next thing, regardless.

I hope that's what Canis meant. I really hope so.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

@BanjoThreeie
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how any of these consoles are better than the the other hardware wise... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these consoles were just as comparable as the 6th gen machines.

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

EdJericho wrote:

50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games

you're doing it wrong

but of course so did 95% of the population so...

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

EdJericho

kkslider5552000 wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games

you're doing it wrong

but of course so did 95% of the population so...

Why? Because not many of the 3rd party games either didn't interest me or I preferred getting them on the PS3 instead. Besides that if you had read I said there was still more games I'd want to get.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

kkslider5552000

EdJericho wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

50 Wii games and only 10 of them are 3rd Party while the other 40 being 1st Party Nintendo games

you're doing it wrong

but of course so did 95% of the population so...

Why? Because not many of the 3rd party games either didn't interest me or I preferred getting them on the PS3 instead. Besides that if you had read I said there was still more games I'd want to get.

Well, let's compare it to my Wii collection.

I had to double check, but just in terms of retail games it was pretty much 50/50 for me. Nintendo does edge out in terms of average quality of those games admittedly. I have exactly 8 games, four of each, which would be less than a good game. I did not miss out on a single first party title that actually interested me, outside of the Nintendo published Pandora's Tower (which I kinda hate myself for). But I can think of several 3rd party games that I missed and would really like and I rented some that I know are good. It probably helps that I like pratically every genre.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

When the hell did Nintendo publish 40 Wii games? I only have 7 Nintendo games for the Wii, and I got 27 Wii games total...

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

They should've been working on a new console since the Wii U's launch.

If you ignore the reality of how this would work from 7 different angles, it almost makes sense.

I think he means that they are thinking of next gen, anyway. They always start thinking of the next thing, regardless.

I hope that's what Canis meant. I really hope so.

Pretty much.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

When the hell did Nintendo publish 40 Wii games?

Despite having about 25 or so Nintendo published Wii titles, there were like 10 just from 2007/8 that I don't own.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now. I used to have a ton of 3rd party before I liquidated my stock, though.

I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games and that's like half of what I used to have. My only 3rd party game is The Conduit. Sad, I know, but like I said, I got rid of alot once I was done with them and they were just sitting there...

I only had Wii until 2009, so I always paid attention to the "core" games first and foremost. Redsteel, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, etc. I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.

I'd say there's definitely at least 40 Nintendo published games, though. That's also a time when I was searching out GCN games since the Wii was BC. It was nice playing GCN games in 480p for the first time, since that component cable was too overpriced to really appreciate.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now.
I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games

I only had Wii until 2009
I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.
.

I'm confused

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I have basically all Nintendo published games, now.
I have 19 Nintendo published Wii games

I only had Wii until 2009
I still have a ton of 3rd party WiiWare games, too.
.

I'm confused

Sorry. I had a Wii, then got a PS3 when the slim came out, then I got a Xbox 360 S around Halo Reach launch. I gave the Wii to my bro since I got a Wii U. I transfered all the stuff. I'm trying to say that's all I had until I got other systems.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic