Forums

Topic: Square-enix lying about kingdom hearts 3.

Posts 161 to 174 of 174

Blast

BanjoThreeie wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

I just don't think its fair... I think the Wii U can handle KH3 and FF XV. If KH3 and FF XV was coming to Wiii U then I wouldn't hafta buy a PS4. Lol but its whatever. I won't buy a PS4 until those 2 games come out. I'll rely on the Wii U until then

That's like saying "I think the Wii can handle MW3." It can if it's rebuilt to look more like a PS2 game. Wii U simply isn't powerful enough. Furthermore, the Wii U has a much smaller install base and is architecturally nothing like the other next-gen systems. Wii U has a more modern GPU and more RAM (though latency may be an issue) that puts it a bit beyond PS360 in terms of the numbers game despite an iffy CPU and lower clocks, but it's not an Xbox One and certainly not a PS4 which is even a bit beyond that.

While I do wish that the Wii U had more power... I still can't help but think that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV would look good on Wii U. Whats so different between Monolith's X and KH 3? Whats so different between Bayonetta 2 and FF XV? Just the graphics?
You mentioned something about the Wii U has a small install base...thats true.... but I think its funny how people are automatically assuming that the Xbox One and PS4 will convince so many 360/PS3 owners to jump to next gen... even though most next gen games (so far) are cross gen games. I got nothing against the One and PS4 but I do hate it when people assume that they will have tons of success even though I believe they will both go through a gigantic launch hype crash.

I think most next gen games won't enhance gameplay at all but will incorporate crisp graphics and a social media aspect.
LOL but oh, well... I do see your point. I do wish the Wii U had more power.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Neogaard

What about bringing their KH2.5 remix thingy to the WiiU then? Same 'story' there huh?

Neogaard

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9617-0625 | Nintendo Network ID: Neogaard

SCRAPPER392

irken004 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Have you not seen Super Mario 3D World? That already basically confirms Kingdom Hearts III would have no trouble at all, running on Wii U.

Untitled

True story, bro.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DarkLloyd

SCAR392 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Have you not seen Super Mario 3D World? That already basically confirms Kingdom Hearts III would have no trouble at all, running on Wii U.

Untitled

True story, bro.

a game looking good is no indicator that kingdom hearts 3 would run well on the wiiu, when we are considering the performance the game is pushing out of the hardware. the wiiu can get the game but dont expect it to be on par with ps4 and xbox one, for which i know some people would complain about anyways without much understanding.

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

SofaKing

C'mon now, if Nintendo gave us a system with roughly the same specs as PS4 or Xbone, it would have easily been a 600 dollar system being as it comes with a controller that cost 200 dollars already. Now if Nintendo got rid of the tablet like controller then it would be easily 400. The tablet controller is what Nintendo wanted to bring to its new system. In order for Nintendo to keep cost down, they of course needed to sacrifice graphics for a lower costing GPU. With that said though, KH3 can run on the Wii U easily.

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

SCRAPPER392

@DarkLloyd
What? X is WAY more demanding of a game than Kingdom Hearts III is.

When you consider how these games look, how big the worlds are, and what's going on in the game without looking at the specs, the Wii U can do alot of that stuff, no problem.

I don't really see Wii U having a problem with getting 3rd party support, based on "technical difficulty".

EDIT: Besides, generations are incremental. Even if Nintendo would have put $100 worth of extra gadgetry, it probably would have only gotten .25 GB more RAM, 1 more CPU core, and an unbalanced ammount of GPU. The way Nintendo designs their consoles isn't always just, "Oh, throw more RAM, another core, etc. into the box". They make it as simple as possible while maintaining balance without any strange or offset components that would change the architecture or cost completely.

You can't just throw more RAM or processing and expect better results. If it doesn't work together well, there's basically no point, AND it's kind of a waste of resources.

EDIT2: Adding "just a little bit more" is exactly what killed Sega. "Just throw a CD drive on there". Then Sega CD comes out and they ask, "Did you put a CD drive on there?". They hardly even used the damn thing, because it didn't add anything besides another format and no update to other components simultaneously. That's how ridiculous it is, and yes, this is still on topic.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SofaKing

Can someone tell me please, if the Tegra 4 processor is any better then the custom IBM processor in the Wii U? The Tegra 4 is said to be capable of running the "Logan Project." If so then I personally can't see why the Wii U can't do the same. If you don't know about the "Logan Project" look it up. Pretty awesome stuff that a phone processor can do. If a phone is capable of doing this, I think a Wii U can!

Edited on by SofaKing

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

irken004

You do know KH3 is still extreeeeemely early in development right? what we've seen so far is barely a taste of what the final game will end up looking like. And knowing square, they'll add whatever they can to polish and make the game look the best it can.By that point, there's no way it could run on a Wiiu and still look anywhere near the same. It's not just a matter of the processor, but the graphics overload and amount of ram among the fact that the WiiU is practically already dead to most next-gen devs.

DarkLloyd

irken004 wrote:

You do know KH3 is still extreeeeemely early in development right? what we've seen so far is barely a taste of what the final game will end up looking like. And knowing square, they'll add whatever they can to polish and make the game look the best it can.By that point, there's no way it could run on a Wiiu and still look anywhere near the same. It's not just a matter of the processor, but the graphics overload and amount of ram among the fact that the WiiU is practically already dead to most next-gen devs.

Exactly, this its way too early and we dont know how much they are going to push out on the next gen hardware being that its made with ps4 and xbox one in mind. to say that wiiu could run the game exactly like those versions would be slightly silly. even if they somehow manage to do it or want too, expect a downgrade at most. or a really alternative version at best

DarkLloyd

CanisWolfred

Not to mention they're still working on Final Fantasy XV, a resource-heavy game which which is probably at least another year or more off, so for all we know, that footage could've been rushed together by some interns or something, or at least not have all of the hands it needed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

DarkLloyd wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Exactly, this its way too early and we dont know how much they are going to push out on the next gen hardware being that its made with ps4 and xbox one in mind. to say that wiiu could run the game exactly like those versions would be slightly silly. even if they somehow manage to do it or want too, expect a downgrade at most. or a really alternative version at best

Ummm... based off my experiences with previous Kingdom Hearts games... Square Enix prolly isn't gonna change the formula that much with Kingdom Hearts 3 just because its on next gen hardware... KH 1 is just like KH 2 and etc (as in concept and gameplay). I mean, the gamplay in KH games never go too far. Example: The only difference between Kingdom Hears 2 and KH: Dream Drop Distance is the Flowmotion and dream drops (as in concept and gameplay). KH games have been on a variey of platfroms and each brought a new gameplay mechanic BUT IT NEVER WENT THAT FAR because Kingdom Hearts formula works.

So this is what I honestly expect from Kingdom Hearts 3: tha same catchy KH music, Sora running around with his Keyblade, some gameplay mechanic to keep things fresh and nice graphics.

This what I think the One and PS4 will bring to the table: I bet the touchpad on the PS4 controller's allows you to go to a menu or something and the Xbox One/PS4 will add some social media aspect. As in... if you need help, your friends can help you, you can post stuff, etc. Kinda like MIIVERSE. coughs loudly

So I'm really leaning to that Square Enix won't change much with KH3 because KH's formula works: new gameplay mechanic + music + story.
But hey... I could be wrong. Square Enix might pour alotta new stuff into KH3 just because its on next gen hardware.

Oh, well... I just go back to daydreaming about Monolith's X. A game that boasts thats its open world, massive, great graphics, multiplayer, and can transition from vehicle forms easily. And thats all running on the WII U SO GIVE THE WII U'S HARDWARE SOME DANG CREDIT!! LOL! The console can handle games that demand alot.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

Ya, the artstyle isn't gonna change just because some new hardware comes out. Just like @Blastoise-san said, gameplay mechanics and concepts are usually the only aspects being changed. In the case of Kingdom Hearts III, the art style didn't change.

@CanisWolfred
FF XV has looked pretty close to the same since 2011. I'm pretty sure that confirms the game isn't going to look all that different.

You guys are ridiculous. The Wii U is one year older, and that's it. It's just like the PS2 I know you all love.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
FF XV has looked pretty close to the same since 2011. I'm pretty sure that confirms the game isn't going to look all that different.

You guys are ridiculous. The Wii U is one year older, and that's it. It's just like the PS2 I know you all love.

Come back to me when you get your glasses fixed. That looks nothing like what we saw in the newest trailer.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MikeLove

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Come back to me when you get your glasses fixed. That looks nothing like what we saw in the newest trailer.

"Just when you think you know the answers, SCAR392 changes the questions!!"

Untitled

MikeLove

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.