Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 901 to 920 of 14,636

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

GameXplain has confirmed that the Squid amiibo that's exclusive to the 3 pack in NA and the special edition bundle in EU does come with exclusive challenges not found in the other 2 amiibo's challenges.

You forgot the more important thing that they confirmed: The challenges, while exclusive to Amiibos, do NOT cover anything not already in the game. It just sends you through a single-player level with a new weapon to change the dynamic of the way the level is played. People can stop acting like the Amiibo content is a scummy on-disc DLC move, now. It just gives you a little bit of extra play as a reward for getting the Amiibo figurines. Really good chance the exclusive gear won't be anything that isn't already in the game, too. Just LOOKS different.

My concern is about the rewards for doing the challenges. If the exclusive gear is better than the on disc gear then that's a pay to win strategy with expensive amiibo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Even if they use the same maps for the challenges, it's still essentially new content that people without amiibo won't be able to access. Similar to how the Pikmin 3 challenges focus around only 3 maps, and yet each challenge completely changes the nature in which you play around the map. There's no defending it, it's just not good.

TuVictus

Octane

Operative wrote:

Even if they use the same maps for the challenges, it's still essentially new content that people without amiibo won't be able to access. Similar to how the Pikmin 3 challenges focus around only 3 maps, and yet each challenge completely changes the nature in which you play around the map. There's no defending it, it's just not good.

They're still extra challenges, same layout, enemy placement, etc. as opposed to the levels in Pikmin 3. Just a different weapon. I don't see the problem.

Octane

Nicolai

Operative wrote:

Not good for those who feel like they have to have every bit of content when they play a game. I empathize for completions, but otherwise, I don't mind at all, as long as there's still a full priced game's worth after the initial purchase.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DefHalan

Does that Splatoon Wii U bundle come with any Amiibos? I think it would be funny/cool if the green squid amiibo also came in that bundle.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

luke17

I'd like to assume this, but with Nintendo you never know. Tell me we CAN connect with friends online, join in parties to fight other players like in Call of Duty.

luke17

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon will have DLC:

"We can’t go into a lot of detail on that today, but we do have some plans to follow up with content to keep interest in the game post-launch. We on the development team are thinking of the launch as a first step of sorts. We hope to add to that in terms of content, and even to the degree that we’re hoping that this will become a franchise that Nintendo can be proud of."

http://www.gamesradar.com/splatoon-dlc/?utm_source=twitter&am...

I see it more as there will be DLC if the game's launch is successful enough.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zerodactyl

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon will have DLC:

"We can’t go into a lot of detail on that today, but we do have some plans to follow up with content to keep interest in the game post-launch. We on the development team are thinking of the launch as a first step of sorts. We hope to add to that in terms of content, and even to the degree that we’re hoping that this will become a franchise that Nintendo can be proud of."

To be honest, I think it will be successful enough to get DLC.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Zerodactyl wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon will have DLC:

To be honest, I think it will be successful enough to get DLC.

I hopes it's successful period.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon will have DLC:

DLC for the major titles is a key strategy for Nintendo now, which was presented to the investors in October last year. The Splatoon developers also mentioned post-release content plans in the Famitsu interview a while back.

jariw

TuVictus

Maybe the DLC will include customization options in the future

TuVictus

iKhan

So Gamexplain told me that Splatoon won't support Wiimote+Nunchuck. It's really sad honestly, that's my preferred way of playing most games.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

So Gamexplain told me that Splatoon won't support Wiimote+Nunchuck. It's really sad honestly, that's my preferred way of playing most games.

I agree but I'd argue that would give people who used it an unfair advantage.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

I agree. I think it's nice that they're just sticking to one control scheme. Although shooters with wii remotes are really comfortable.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Well there is an option to use the gyro in the GamePad, so I don't think Wii Remote would be to unfair. Plus there are certain things that a normal controller does better

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

I never saw that being used very well for a shooter (in particular one where you have to move the camera so RE4 doesn't count) I've heard people say otherwise though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThePirateCaptain

OneBagTravel wrote:

Might have already said this in this thread but I hope DLC doesn't ruin the core gameplay like it did in TF2. Vanilla TF2 is still my all time fav.

Off topic, but how did DLC ruin TF2?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I never saw that being used very well for a shooter (in particular one where you have to move the camera so RE4 doesn't count) I've heard people say otherwise though.

The nunchuck+wiimote has too few buttons and sticks to fully support the Splatoon control scheme.

But if we ignore this, can the wiimote accurately aim in angles that aren't pointing directly towards the screen? From the video footage I've seen of Splatoon, the Gamepad aiming seems similar to the Wii Fit U Hosedown game? And if so, I would imagine an important technique in Splatoon would be to aim slightly upwards to let the paint drop down on areas that are out of reach from the shooting position.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic