Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 881 to 900 of 14,636

Entei

Does anyone know how many maps the online multiplayer will have?

Entei

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wonder whether Splatoon will get the MK8 treatment, namely this:
http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

Probably not since Club Nintendo is ending and the new service isn't coming until fall. They could just use NNIDs, but that'd make too much sense.

If they did do this, which games do you think they'd offer?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

Managed to pre-order the Inlking girl amiibo. Honestly, I'm very surprised that I managed to do so.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wonder whether Splatoon will get the MK8 treatment, namely this:
http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

Probably not since Club Nintendo is ending and the new service isn't coming until fall. They could just use NNIDs, but that'd make too much sense.

If they did do this, which games do you think they'd offer?

Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors and 3D World for all regions and maybe the 6 games NA missed out on with the MK8 promotion exclusive for NA (Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

unrandomsam

I don't think they will because of how discounted pre-orders for Splatoon have been already. (I wouldn't expect that other than with a game that was sold at close to RRP most of the time).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Grumblevolcano

unrandomsam wrote:

I don't think they will because of how discounted pre-orders for Splatoon have been already. (I wouldn't expect that other than with a game that was sold at close to RRP most of the time).

What discounted pre-orders or is this a NA exclusive?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

What discounted pre-orders or is this a NA exclusive?

I believe Splatoon is only $40, as opposed to $60. I think I've pre-ordered my copy for about €38.

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee

What's up with all this $40 stuff? I totally just paid a full $60 for it from Gamestop....

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

What's up with all this $40 stuff? I totally just paid a full $60 for it from Gamestop....

Might be just Europe then? I can easily find the game for around £30 or €40. Games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. are normally €60 (just like they are in USD). So, €40 is the ''budget price'', it's the same what I paid for games like Captain Toad and my pre-order for Kirby. So I have no idea why it's $60 in the US.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

unrandomsam

The Game Collection had it at £25 (Preorder - Physical Copy which I wouldn't play - I will end up paying about £30 from cdkeys.com).

That is why I think there must be a catch. (i.e Amiibo actually necessary bumps the price back to about normal or very frequent necessary DLC).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

NinjaWaddleDee

unrandomsam wrote:

The Game Collection had it at £25 (Preorder - Physical Copy which I wouldn't play - I will end up paying about £30 from cdkeys.com).

That is why I think there must be a catch. (i.e Amiibo actually necessary bumps the price back to about normal or very frequent necessary DLC).

Well, amiibo certainly doesn't lower the price here in America

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Dezzy

I've got it preordered for £25. I'm being a big hypocrite and going against by beliefs about preordering because it seemed like way too cheap to pass up on.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

There's gonna be a Wii U with Splatoon bundle, it also comes with Nintendo Land too for $299.99.

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sparx

Man, I love the art on that bundle

My avatar is from here

Nicolai

@arronishere, I want another Wii U now!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

GameXplain has confirmed that the Squid amiibo that's exclusive to the 3 pack in NA and the special edition bundle in EU does come with exclusive challenges not found in the other 2 amiibo's challenges.

Grumblevolcano

Smash_kirby

arronishere wrote:

There's gonna be a Wii U with Splatoon bundle, it also comes with Nintendo Land too for $299.99.

Untitled

It would've been nice of them to have a inked up gamepad.

Smash_kirby

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

GameXplain has confirmed that the Squid amiibo that's exclusive to the 3 pack in NA and the special edition bundle in EU does come with exclusive challenges not found in the other 2 amiibo's challenges.

You forgot the more important thing that they confirmed: The challenges, while exclusive to Amiibos, do NOT cover anything not already in the game. It just sends you through a single-player level with a new weapon to change the dynamic of the way the level is played. People can stop acting like the Amiibo content is a scummy on-disc DLC move, now. It just gives you a little bit of extra play as a reward for getting the Amiibo figurines. Really good chance the exclusive gear won't be anything that isn't already in the game, too. Just LOOKS different.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

PrincessSugoi

That box is sh-weet. Seems like a missed opportunity though not have given the bundle an exclusive Wii U color or jazzed up the gamepad at least. Would have made it a more enticing buy for collectors and people still on the fence about getting a Wii U.

Glad there is a bundle in any case. I have some confidence this game will move some Wii U's and it's nice to see that Nintendo has that confidence as well.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic