Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 14,636

Xyphon22

Well I just had the run of my life in this. The last time I played I ended one loss away from falling back down to a C-. I decided I would try using a roller in ranked battles, which I had never done. My teams won like 6 or 7 matches in a row, 3 of them on 2 zone courses which I had never won one of those before. The last one was on Port Mackerel where we were losing but took control of the second zone with 1 second left and held onto them both throughout overtime to win by one point. It bumped me up to C+ and ranked me up, so I decided it was a perfect time to stop.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

Xyphon22 wrote:

Well I just had the run of my life in this. The last time I played I ended one loss away from falling back down to a C-. I decided I would try using a roller in ranked battles, which I had never done. My teams won like 6 or 7 matches in a row, 3 of them on 2 zone courses which I had never won one of those before. The last one was on Port Mackerel where we were losing but took control of the second zone with 1 second left and held onto them both throughout overtime to win by one point. It bumped me up to C+ and ranked me up, so I decided it was a perfect time to stop.

That's happened to me twice now. Took me forever to get to B rank once there I was back in B- in 5 matches. Got a good team going and got back to B only to drop back down again in 7 matches. Yesterday I was in danger of dropping back to C+ and road a sweet run and team all the way to B 68. Now I'm afraid to try to get to B+ lol. It was hard enough to get there as it was.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...And now I can't play online at all....ugh, I hope they're delaying the event so they can fix this issue....

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Noonch

I just got back to B rating, I lost 7 ranked battles in a row last night. It's extra frustrating when you end up first or second in every battle. One of them I was even the only player on my team. I guess the others must have had bad internet. I'm on a 7 win streak tonight so it's back to turf wars for now.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

jariw

aaronsullivan wrote:

This thread is huge. Where do I start to get the best tips?

What do you want to know?

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

The new Bluefin Depot MP stage is rumored to be based on Hashima Island (aka Battleship Island):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Bat...

Source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169122393&post...

And Port Mackerel and the Inkopolis hub tower is visible from Bluefin Depot:
http://i.imgur.com/MdTAqlR.jpg

Source:

That's pretty neat. Nintendo did the same thing in Mario Sunshine and Double Dash!!.

Octane

jericho2442

New map is awesome. seems long range weapons are the way to go. having a sniper stay on the high platform seems to be the best way to keep control of the area.

truly every map in this game plays completely different. might not have a tonne but every one is soo fun, i just hope they keep the support going and i honestly think this is gonna be nintendos biggest new ip since pikmin

@jariw o god that would be awesome.....lets get some splatoon costumes in the game based off other game series!!

jericho2442

Spoony_Tech

jericho2442 wrote:

New map is awesome. seems long range weapons are the way to go. having a sniper stay on the high platform seems to be the best way to keep control of the area.

truly every map in this game plays completely different. might not have a tonne but every one is soo fun, i just hope they keep the support going and i honestly think this is gonna be nintendos biggest new ip since pikmin

@jariw o god that would be awesome.....lets get some splatoon costumes in the game based off other game series!!

No, just no! Stop trying to infiltrate Splatoon with other Nintendo ip's. Let the game stand on its own as it's doing quite well and seems to be moving systems. It is a nice picture though!

As for the New stage I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I quite enjoyed the 3 or 4 times I played in it. Splat zones were a blast as my team won every battle, one by the one point because we held it in overtime.

Made it to B+ with a nice 5 in a row run last night. Was scared to even try since I seen some people having disconnect problems.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MasterWario

Yeah ranked starts getting really intense when you move up to B. I can hardly imagine A.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

CanisWolfred

jariw wrote:

The new Bluefin Depot MP stage is rumored to be based on Hashima Island (aka Battleship Island):
(Snip)
And Port Mackerel and the Inkopolis hub tower is visible from Bluefin Depot:
(Snip)

That's awesome! I didn't even know about that island...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

dazzybee

Love Splat Zones, can't wait for it to be available with friends? Does anyone know WHY we can't play with friends? They're limiting the game in such weird ways. But despite the games many many problems, it's probably going to be my game of the year!

dazzybee

jariw

dazzybee wrote:

Love Splat Zones, can't wait for it to be available with friends? Does anyone know WHY we can't play with friends?

You play Splat Zones ranked, and your rank (and I believe even your score within the rank) decides who you will play with. I think the August update will let you play any of the modes with friends.

jariw

dazzybee

jariw wrote:

dazzybee wrote:

Love Splat Zones, can't wait for it to be available with friends? Does anyone know WHY we can't play with friends?

You play Splat Zones ranked, and your rank (and I believe even your score within the rank) decides who you will play with. I think the August update will let you play any of the modes with friends.

Oh I understand how it works, I just think it's a stupid decision. Why can't you play both modes in ranked and free for all? Or at the worst continue the rotation theme!

dazzybee

jariw

dazzybee wrote:

Oh I understand how it works, I just think it's a stupid decision. Why can't you play both modes in ranked and free for all? Or at the worst continue the rotation theme!

Splat Zones (and I believe the other future ranked modes) is more like a traditional shooter and it's also much more kill/death-focused, so I get why they separate these two modes.

I think the reason why they don't allow you to select the mode to play in Regular/Ranked is because they don't want to split the online player base too much.

jariw

rjejr

Anybody know the scoring math for ranked? Last night there was 1 match we lost and I got a minus one. -1. Possibly b/c we only had 3 players and the other team had 4, wasn't too optimistic about winning that one, and we didn't. Then another we won I got +13. I'm at level C+. A few nights ago, still at C+, we won and I got 10 points, lost and I lost 12 points. The scoring is worse than their matchmaking.

I'm upset about the late night Spaltoon postponement b/c I bought a $60 game that the rest of the world got for $40, part of it is locked away behind Ninteod's servers until August, part is locked away behind amiibo, and I was really looking forward to splatfest as I had no plans today and its raining outside all day. Next Saturday we'll be at Met game so if it is next Saturday I'll miss most of it. And they had a week to tell us. I'm sure they decided at the last minute to postpone it, but they had to be thinking abut it earlier, and they should have told us a week ago that there was a possibility it would be postponed b/c of issues. I already knew about the issues experienced in Japan, so Nintendo knew, but they decided not to tell us until last night. They should treat us a little better after giving them our money for the game. But Nintendo.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

rjejr wrote:

Anybody know the scoring math for ranked? Last night there was 1 match we lost and I got a minus one. -1. Possibly b/c we only had 3 players and the other team had 4, wasn't too optimistic about winning that one, and we didn't. Then another we won I got +13. I'm at level C+. A few nights ago, still at C+, we won and I got 10 points, lost and I lost 12 points. The scoring is worse than their matchmaking.

The ranks of the members in the other team vs. the ranks of your team affects the score. I suspect even the points within a rank affects the score, since if I'm low A- I'm more likely matched towards B+ players than if I'm high A- (where I'm matched against A and A+ players). And the higher rank you get, the more matches you're expected to win to keep your current score. It gets quite demanding to keep the rank above B+ IMO.

jariw

rjejr

@jariw I know the higher rank you get the harder it gets - I think you explained all this a couple of week sago. C was +15, -5, B was +12, -8 I don't remember A, probably +11, -9. That part makes sense to me. -1 and +13 was weird.

There must be an official dojo (like SSBB) explaining all this, no? I don't understand how you publish a game w/o clearly explaining to people how it works. Judd is no help. Neither is Spkye. Can't they have an in game billboard w/ the rules on it? A weird little indie game like Affordable Space Adventures, ok, keep it weird and trial and error, but for a mass market game I expect rules. Not A is jump R is shoot, but how scoring and matchmaking work. thanks as always

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic