Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 12,941 to 12,960 of 14,636

Maxz

@yokokazuo: I'm ranked A+, which starts me at 1400 (along with all other A ranks), and I think I got 4 or 5 points for winning and 2 points for the ink turfed.

Apparently, the EXP dealt should be as follows.

0-1399 +3
1400-1499 +4
1500-1599 +5
1600-1699 +6
1700+ +7

Also worth noting is that Europe seems to have adopted the American system of Fangirl/Fiend/Defender/Champion/Queen, rather than having tags such as 'charismatic' and 'eternal'. The American ones certainly make more sense, but I do quite miss being so charismatic...

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@Maxz oh, I see. I think the closest I got to 1700 was around 1660 or so, but by the end I was around where I started at 1600.

Ya I believe that it was at least in the first European splatfest where they used the translated version of the Japanese ranks, but now they go by the NA names.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

LzWinky

Team Sandcastle won!

Untitled

Not sure how, because I was mostly losing badly

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Megapokepaul

Anyone up for some private or squad battles ?

MASSIVE SPLATOON PLAYER , LOVE POKEMON, FIRE EMBLEM AND BAYONETTA SERIES .
ADD ME ON WII U : MEGAPOKEPAUL

3DS Friend Code: 4871-4094-0555 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaPokepaul

veeflames

TingLz wrote:

Team Sandcastle won!

Untitled

Not sure how, because I was mostly losing badly

OMIGOSH! YES! YES!
This song seems appropriate: "For the first time in forever, there'll be music, there'll be light..."

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LzWinky

Marie has now won 2 in a row. The apocalypse is nigh...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Megapokepaul

@TingLz: 3 in a row !!

Freeon-Leon

After I reached Queen I kept playing so I could help the Sandcastle team, I got a good winning spree. Seems like it made a little difference

@Megapokepaul: Again, I'm up for private battles!

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Megapokepaul

@Freeon-Leon: ok great , plz add me

Megapokepaul

@Freeon-Leon: Created a private battle

Nicolai

@Freeon-Leon: Probably better if we get a fourth, unless we're all S rank and it doesn't matter.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Maxz

Aah, skill-matched Turf Wars are SO HARD, at least on the European Splatfest maps (Mahi-Mahi, Saltspray Rid, and Moray Towers)! In all the non-ranked games (which has been every Turf War so far), it's just been a case of "spray the map sensibly while splatting the people who aren't as good, quite a lot", but that's not nearly as easy when everyone's similar in skill. Which means tactics come into play, but in Turf War the objective is so open-ended it's hard to know exactly what tactics are ideal, and they vary drastically with each map.

For example, on Moray Towers, if a roller manages to break into the enemy's side of the map in the last 20 seconds, they can effectively win the game if not noticed. So the obvious tactic there is, "be properly attentive of your side of the map and shoot down any threats", but that might be a completely different tactic to Saltspray, where it's helpful to control the top part of the map, but you can still lose the game if you're overly obsessive about it. And then Mahi Mahi is another kettle of squid all together - though that's probably the map I find it easiest to get my head around, despite the water level mechanic. I think more linear courses like Arowana and Walleye might be easier to tackle.

Anyway, I managed to get up to Queen, and ended up 35 "Splatfest Power" points higher than I began (at 1435), but damn was it stressful. It's funny that I used to think of Turf War as the relaxing easy mode. Give me structure and an easily measurable objective! All the subtlety of Turf Wars is more than I can deal with! Aaah!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

LzWinky

I jumped over 5 seekers and a roller. I feel pretty athletic

Megapokepaul

Btw , earlier today I got a shirt with a main quick respawn and 2 sub quick respawn , what are the chances of that happening again ?

DreamyViridi

@Megapokepaul: What brand was the shirt?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Ah... It's nice to play Turf Wars non-competitively again.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic