Forums

Topic: Should Satoru Iwata Get Fired And Replaced With Someone New?

Posts 121 to 140 of 155

Azooooz

UGXwolf wrote:

I'll repeat myself. If you're enjoying Nintendo's output, then what are we arguing about? You said yourself that you love the system and the games are quality. So what do the essentially arbitrary sales numbers have to do with your enjoyment of the system?

As for telling the company what you want, you don't have to pass on good games. Just show you want variety by buying variety. On my console, I have no less than four Platforming titles, one Platforming DLC title, and two platforming VC titles, with intent to buy an arguable third. But that's not even half of my library. I also have two Fighting games, a Survival/Horror title, two party games, an Open World game, a Sandbox Game, and two other physical discs I can't remember off the top of my head and don't have on hand. I've got a few Indie titles rattling around, the free version of Wii Fit U, and I just picked up Golden Sun on the VC, too. I've still got at least five games I have yet to get due to lack of funds, tons of VC love coming my way, and I'm just getting started.

This is how I show the variety I want. Not by complaining about a man in an office making some mistakes.

You sir are an amazing example of what consumer should care about.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that as a consumer, the most helpful thing you can do for Nintendo is buy what you want. Complaining that a man only partially responsible for the console's problems AND who just took a massive pay cut asapology should be fired isn't helping anyone.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ZurrrrBlattTron

Iwata led us though the Wii/Ds generation which did really well I'd rather see Iwata lead Nintendo to a epic come back rather than just give up and look cowardly, however he could have a Lil bit more character in ND oh and hurry on flipnote D:< it's been 3 years!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that as a consumer, the most helpful thing you can do for Nintendo is buy what you want. Complaining that a man only partially responsible for the console's problems AND who just took a massive pay cut asapology should be fired isn't helping anyone.

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

UGXwolf wrote:

you nailed it, no need to go any further than this.
Untitled

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kereke12

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games. Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids. It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart. Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

SCRAPPER392

@kereke12
The 3DS is still doing pretty well, with Iwata currently as the CEO. What exactly do you expect to change?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UGXwolf

kereke12 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games. Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids. It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart. Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

This argument ignores an obvious fact. Numbers have this funny tendency to change. Assuming that once things go poorly, once, things will always go poorly is a logical fallacy in itself, but to apply that to a decision involving someone else's job is beyond foolish. Nintendo has done just fine, up until now, so why assume it won't rebound?

Besides. I can directly counter your argument, because as a consumer,I consider the Wii U to be the best Nintendo system to date.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

kereke12 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Think more recently. He successfully prevented the 3DS from flopping and turned it into a major success despite all the nay-sayers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

kereke12 wrote:

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games.

Really? It seemed like we got a steady stream of games throughout the Wii's life.... And the Wii being a dust collector? Entirely your opinion. I still love my Wii, it had solid games, and it most certainly did not die off. Console sales did drop, that's true, but that's because almost everyone owned one.

kereke12 wrote:

Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids.

You didn't like the DS era? Fine. But you can't fault Iwata for the best selling handheld of all time.

kereke12 wrote:

It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart.

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, WiiWare, and Virtual Console. All compelling reasons to own a Wii. Again, you can't fault Iwata for people buying a Wii just for Wii Sports.

kereke12 wrote:

Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

Focusing exclusively on what's happening right now almost always leads to a company's demise. If we did just that, then we wouldn't have, for example, Steve Jobs's fantastic leadership and innovation. Despite your thoughts, Nintendo's conservatism is an advantage. You must have foresight.

And don't forget the 3DS. It's an overwhelming success. Iwata helped with that too.

And the data? You're right, it never lies. And it's saying that even now, a large majority STILL approve of Iwata as CEO.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

kkslider5552000

If Nintendo spent enough money, they could be more popular than Playstation at this very moment. The amount it would take to do so would require Nintendo to lose so much more money on their products and require such a marketing budget that they would risk their own demise, but hey their video game console would be more popular than another video game console for a certain period of time and it would get a port of whatever game is trying to be COD this week. Yay?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MAN1AC

Unca_Lz wrote:

What's your basis then?

That its a continuing to go down? And when you combine that with the other things happening to Nintendo right now its pretty clear hes on the hot seat.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

If Nintendo spent enough money, they could be more popular than Playstation at this very moment. The amount it would take to do so would require Nintendo to lose so much more money on their products and require such a marketing budget that they would risk their own demise, but hey their video game console would be more popular than another video game console for a certain period of time and it would get a port of whatever game is trying to be COD this week. Yay?

As opposed to what?
Not spending money like they do now and still losing money?

I dont see what you're trying to say here.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

LzWinky

Have you forgotten that Nintendo is constantly expanding its resources, which can also contribute to losses?

SCRAPPER392

Dreamz wrote:

Popular != Profitable

Not really. Sony sold 7 million consoles in 6 months, and they still lost money.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

Dreamz wrote:

Popular != Profitable

Dreamcast was popular, then Sega had to end it due to lack of funding
Playstation 3 was popular, yet it took Sony a couple of years before it became profitable.
Some of Square Enix's franchises are popular, yet they were still posting losses.

So...not exactly

Yoshi

@SCAR392 @Unca_Lz

!= means not equal to. So,@Dreamz point is valid. Popularity doesn't mean profitability.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

GuSolarFlare

lol I always find funny when people mistake programming symbols
mostly because before last year I'd probably be as clueless about it as anyone else

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.