Wii U Forum

Topic: Should Satoru Iwata Get Fired And Replaced With Someone New?

Showing 121 to 140 of 155

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Azooooz

121. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'll repeat myself. If you're enjoying Nintendo's output, then what are we arguing about? You said yourself that you love the system and the games are quality. So what do the essentially arbitrary sales numbers have to do with your enjoyment of the system?

As for telling the company what you want, you don't have to pass on good games. Just show you want variety by buying variety. On my console, I have no less than four Platforming titles, one Platforming DLC title, and two platforming VC titles, with intent to buy an arguable third. But that's not even half of my library. I also have two Fighting games, a Survival/Horror title, two party games, an Open World game, a Sandbox Game, and two other physical discs I can't remember off the top of my head and don't have on hand. I've got a few Indie titles rattling around, the free version of Wii Fit U, and I just picked up Golden Sun on the VC, too. I've still got at least five games I have yet to get due to lack of funds, tons of VC love coming my way, and I'm just getting started.

This is how I show the variety I want. Not by complaining about a man in an office making some mistakes.

You sir are an amazing example of what consumer should care about.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

122. Posted:

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that as a consumer, the most helpful thing you can do for Nintendo is buy what you want. Complaining that a man only partially responsible for the console's problems AND who just took a massive pay cut asapology should be fired isn't helping anyone.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

torotoid64

123. Posted:

Iwata led us though the Wii/Ds generation which did really well I'd rather see Iwata lead Nintendo to a epic come back rather than just give up and look cowardly, however he could have a Lil bit more character in ND ;) oh and hurry on flipnote D:< it's been 3 years!

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

124. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that as a consumer, the most helpful thing you can do for Nintendo is buy what you want. Complaining that a man only partially responsible for the console's problems AND who just took a massive pay cut asapology should be fired isn't helping anyone.

Untitled

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

125. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that as a consumer, the most helpful thing you can do for Nintendo is buy what you want. Complaining that a man only partially responsible for the console's problems AND who just took a massive pay cut asapology should be fired isn't helping anyone.

you nailed it, no need to go any further than this.
Untitled

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

126. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games. Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids. It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart. Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

127. Posted:

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

128. Posted:

@kereke12
The 3DS is still doing pretty well, with Iwata currently as the CEO. What exactly do you expect to change?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

129. Posted:

kereke12 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games. Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids. It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart. Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

This argument ignores an obvious fact. Numbers have this funny tendency to change. Assuming that once things go poorly, once, things will always go poorly is a logical fallacy in itself, but to apply that to a decision involving someone else's job is beyond foolish. Nintendo has done just fine, up until now, so why assume it won't rebound?

Besides. I can directly counter your argument, because as a consumer,I consider the Wii U to be the best Nintendo system to date.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

130. Posted:

kereke12 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games. Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids. It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart. Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

Think more recently. He successfully prevented the 3DS from flopping and turned it into a major success despite all the nay-sayers.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

131. Posted:

kereke12 wrote:

You have a point, but just because Iwata led us through the "Golden Ages" of Wii & DS doesn't mean anything. First of the Wii is a dust collecter, it was good at first but then it died off. Nintendo was like "We going to bring more games for Wii" What happened? Nothing, No games.

Really? It seemed like we got a steady stream of games throughout the Wii's life.... And the Wii being a dust collector? Entirely your opinion. I still love my Wii, it had solid games, and it most certainly did not die off. Console sales did drop, that's true, but that's because almost everyone owned one.

kereke12 wrote:

Second the DS was only good because of parents buying it for there kids.

You didn't like the DS era? Fine. But you can't fault Iwata for the best selling handheld of all time.

kereke12 wrote:

It only had good games and the only reason why Wii was some what successful. Is because people only bought it for Wii sports, Wii Sports resort, Smash bros., and Mario Kart.

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, WiiWare, and Virtual Console. All compelling reasons to own a Wii. Again, you can't fault Iwata for people buying a Wii just for Wii Sports.

kereke12 wrote:

Apparently some of ya'll are still stuck in the past, just like Nintendo is. What ya'll need to worry about is what's happening "Right Now". Numbers are numbers. The data never lies, and its time for him to go. Sorry but that's how I feel, I like him. He's cool and all but someone needs to change Nintendo.

Focusing exclusively on what's happening right now almost always leads to a company's demise. If we did just that, then we wouldn't have, for example, Steve Jobs's fantastic leadership and innovation. Despite your thoughts, Nintendo's conservatism is an advantage. You must have foresight.

And don't forget the 3DS. It's an overwhelming success. Iwata helped with that too.

And the data? You're right, it never lies. And it's saying that even now, a large majority STILL approve of Iwata as CEO.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

132. Posted:

If Nintendo spent enough money, they could be more popular than Playstation at this very moment. The amount it would take to do so would require Nintendo to lose so much more money on their products and require such a marketing budget that they would risk their own demise, but hey their video game console would be more popular than another video game console for a certain period of time and it would get a port of whatever game is trying to be COD this week. Yay?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

133. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

What's your basis then?

That its a continuing to go down? And when you combine that with the other things happening to Nintendo right now its pretty clear hes on the hot seat.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

If Nintendo spent enough money, they could be more popular than Playstation at this very moment. The amount it would take to do so would require Nintendo to lose so much more money on their products and require such a marketing budget that they would risk their own demise, but hey their video game console would be more popular than another video game console for a certain period of time and it would get a port of whatever game is trying to be COD this week. Yay?

As opposed to what?
Not spending money like they do now and still losing money?

I dont see what you're trying to say here.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

134. Posted:

Have you forgotten that Nintendo is constantly expanding its resources, which can also contribute to losses?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamz

135. Posted:

Popular != Profitable

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

136. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Popular != Profitable

Not really. Sony sold 7 million consoles in 6 months, and they still lost money.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

137. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

Popular != Profitable

Dreamcast was popular, then Sega had to end it due to lack of funding
Playstation 3 was popular, yet it took Sony a couple of years before it became profitable.
Some of Square Enix's franchises are popular, yet they were still posting losses.

So...not exactly

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

138. Posted:

@SCAR392 @Unca_Lz

!= means not equal to. So,@Dreamz point is valid. Popularity doesn't mean profitability.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

139. Posted:

@brewsky
Ok.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

140. Posted:

lol I always find funny when people mistake programming symbols
mostly because before last year I'd probably be as clueless about it as anyone else :P

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF