Forums

Topic: Should Satoru Iwata Get Fired And Replaced With Someone New?

Posts 101 to 120 of 155

TexCube

Azooooz wrote:

Plus, what I don't understand is that consumers nowadays speak like they are members of the Board of Directors or some sort of analysts, while they are supposed to do is to enjoy with what they have and deal with it.

You know we may not know how the board works, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out many of the things that are wrong at Nintendo. Besides our opinions won't change anything either way. But our buying power and our choices will. So don't sit there on your high horse and say deal with it. Why should I expect less for my money. I buy Nintendo products just like you. That makes me a shareholder in a sense, and a customer. So are you saying Nintendo shouldn't listen to its customers? That's just accepting less and telling others to be OK with it just like you. Well I'm not OK with it. I spent my hard earned money since day one on all of Nintendo's machines and games. I have a voice, and I understand when a product isn't being marketed right and when my needs as a consumer aren't being met. So I have a choice I can abandon Nintendo or I can state the obvious that these issues are a direct result of the current leadership.

Let me ask you. Can you actually remember the last time Nintendo had true 3rd party support. Don't count the Wii because that was just mass amounts of gimmicky shovel ware. Like the old days of Atari where any and everyone made games to make a quick buck. This isn't because the 3rd party developers don't want Nintendo to carry their games. It would be utterly foolish for them to not want that. But Nintendo ties their hands. They do this because of 2 reasons. First Nintendo wants to say they're successful, and start every generation stating how many developers are on board and that support dries up quickly. The truth is that Nintendo can't stand for other games to outshine theirs on all of their platforms. They are like this tribe in the jungle who eventually die out from the inbreeding and genetic mutations that are passed down generationally. They can't see that success lies in variety of gameplay. Second ... For the second console in a row, developers do not want to take steps backwards to accommodate the outdated hardware specs. Compare this to a company trying to compete with Apple's iPod. Imagine in today's time a company had something similar to the original iPod. You know the one with the click wheel and liquid crystal monochrome type display. Now imagine that company wanting developers to make games for it along the lines of the original iPod's built in games. Can you think of any company wanting to go in such a less exciting direction? Especially an established company making current-gen iPod games? I can't and I wouldn't if I were them. That leaves only Nintendo to do the building of the bulk of games and they are forced to make sure they focus on the tried and true franchises because a new IP becomes too big of a financial risk. Massive 3rd party support affords you the occasional internal mistake. Without that support, Nintendo will continue this downward spiral. But that's OK with you, because we should just deal with it and lower our standards and expectations. Will this be the same advice you give your children someday? Expect less in life.

One final note about 3rd party support. I'm not the biggest Battlefield fan ... But I'd love the option to buy that game on a powerful Nintendo console if I chose to play it. Look at Destiny. What does it say that not only are the PS4 and XB1 are getting it, but so are the PS3 and the XB360? Wii U owners who would love to play it won't get a chance unless they own multiple consoles.

TexCube

LzWinky

What's odd is how everyone says "no more gimmicks"...when other products sell based on gimmicks.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Also, for those who want Iwata fired, you should list some good things that happened under Iwata's watch these past few years. If you cannot list any, you should do more research before you jump on one side of the bandwagon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Azooooz

TexCube wrote:

[Let me ask you. Can you actually remember the last time Nintendo had true 3rd party support..

GameCube. It had stellar 1st &3rd party supports, yet it didn't sell well as Nintendo hoped for.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

LzWinky

Nintendo had true 3rd party support with the Wii, DS, and 3DS.

GuSolarFlare

Unca_Lz wrote:

Nintendo had true 3rd party support with the Wii, DS, and 3DS.

especially the DS, look at the thing's library!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

3DS has games from the following 3rd parties (that I can list): Activision, Capcom, Disney, Square Enix, Sega, Atlus (before Sega bought them), Marvelous & XSeed (same company btw), Ubisoft, Konami, Level-5, Namco Bandai, Tecmo Koei, LucasArts (Lego Star Wars), among others.

NinChocolate

Somebody hand Iwata a mop and pail, throw a real CPU in the Wii U and get someone in charge who's gonna kiss the ground third parties walk on! And for Funky kong's sake, get the number of the guy doing them PS4 TV ads!! Problem fixed. Peace.

NinChocolate

Reala

Even if he where to be replaced I don't imagine things would change much if at all, wii u is the only real problem area for nintendo imo, that's unlikely to be turned into anything other than a 1st party and indie machine, that thing has way too many thing going against it for a mere change at the top to install any confidence in it now, the wii u is what it is and nintendo will be stuck with it for a while; I'm sure most owners are now fine with this or at least just plain accept it.

Reala

TexCube

Unca_Lz wrote:

3DS has games from the following 3rd parties (that I can list): Activision, Capcom, Disney, Square Enix, Sega, Atlus (before Sega bought them), Marvelous & XSeed (same company btw), Ubisoft, Konami, Level-5, Namco Bandai, Tecmo Koei, LucasArts (Lego Star Wars), among others.

I'm not talking about the DS ... I'm talking consoles and you are delusional if you think the Wii had true 3rd party support. It had shovel ware unless you count the first party Nintendo games. As for the gimmicks. No one has done more than Nintendo when all most people want is a console that allows you to only use a traditional controller and have access to certain games that can't run on the underpowered Wii U. I'm a Nintendo fan and you are clearly a Nintendo fanboy. You can't stand it when people state the truth and it makes you feel you have to justify your purchase. You can't see the forest through the trees while wearing your rose colored glasses. The truth hurts pal.

Edited on by TexCube

TexCube

Action51

kereke12 wrote:

I do not believe in "Reviewtechusa..."

Well, it's a Youtube channel, it exists and the guy(Rich) has his opinions. Sometimes he pisses people off, but he will praise or trash any console manufacturer or gaming personality in a sometimes cheeky, but always fair manner. He's said some harsh things about Nintendo (and some good things) but he always explains why.

He feels the Wii U is a solid system with great games and a lot of potential, and I agree with him that the potential shouldn't be wasted. Iwata is being too conservative with marketing, third party relationships, and the types of games being released.

I suppose we'll know for sure at this years E3 if keeping him on was the right decision.

Action51

GuSolarFlare

they should fire Iwata and hire LordJumpMad for CEO!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Action51

TexCube wrote:

...So don't sit there on your high horse and say deal with it. Why should I expect less for my money. I buy Nintendo products just like you. That makes me a shareholder in a sense, and a customer. So are you saying Nintendo shouldn't listen to its customers?...

That's the thing...as the hardcore Nintendo fanbase, I'm not going to pass on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to "send a message" to Nintendo...because it's a great game and I'm not going to deprive myself of hours of fun and an amazing platformer that exceeded expectations. I see that as kind of self-defeating.

At the same time, I'd like to see a more diverse games line-up and more support from third party publishers. So what to do? I'm not buying/supporting Sony or Microsoft with their anti-consumer practices, online paywalls, unfinished and buggy games, and juvenile fantasy fulfillment passed off as "mature" content.

I'm happy with my Wii U purchase, but I see a lot of wasted potential and the public isn't excited about it because of poor marketing.

Action51

Jazzer94

MAB wrote:

I'm sure by next year the Wii U will be on a roll

Untitled

Next year can't come soon enough then.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Reala

GuSilverFlame wrote:

they should fire Iwata and hire LordJumpMad for CEO!

I'd trust ljm more than iwata to introduce a tellytubby like touch screen, so finally DS games can be played on wii u, if you lying down also holding the wii u gamepad as well as wearing your belly screen that is, I approve!

Reala

TexCube

Action51 wrote:

TexCube wrote:

...So don't sit there on your high horse and say deal with it. Why should I expect less for my money. I buy Nintendo products just like you. That makes me a shareholder in a sense, and a customer. So are you saying Nintendo shouldn't listen to its customers?...

That's the thing...as the hardcore Nintendo fanbase, I'm not going to pass on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to "send a message" to Nintendo...because it's a great game and I'm not going to deprive myself of hours of fun and an amazing platformer that exceeded expectations. I see that as kind of self-defeating.

At the same time, I'd like to see a more diverse games line-up and more support from third party publishers. So what to do? I'm not buying/supporting Sony or Microsoft with their anti-consumer practices, online paywalls, unfinished and buggy games, and juvenile fantasy fulfillment passed off as "mature" content.

I'm happy with my Wii U purchase, but I see a lot of wasted potential and the public isn't excited about it because of poor marketing.

I love my Wii U just like you and I won't pass up all of those games. But I can't help feel Nintendo wasted a chance to put the nail in Sony and Microsoft's coffin. More power, more storage, better online, and most importantly ... Better marketing would have gotten us more triple A titles to play. That's my biggest problem ... The marketing.

TexCube

Sleepingmudkip

I will forgive iwata if he GIVES A RELEASE DATE FOR SMTXFE & X

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Yoshi

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I will forgive iwata if he GIVES A RELEASE DATE FOR SMTXFE & X

He can't give release dates for games being developed by third parties....

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

UGXwolf

I'll repeat myself. If you're enjoying Nintendo's output, then what are we arguing about? You said yourself that you love the system and the games are quality. So what do the essentially arbitrary sales numbers have to do with your enjoyment of the system?

As for telling the company what you want, you don't have to pass on good games. Just show you want variety by buying variety. On my console, I have no less than four Platforming titles, one Platforming DLC title, and two platforming VC titles, with intent to buy an arguable third. But that's not even half of my library. I also have two Fighting games, a Survival/Horror title, two party games, an Open World game, a Sandbox Game, and two other physical discs I can't remember off the top of my head and don't have on hand. I've got a few Indie titles rattling around, the free version of Wii Fit U, and I just picked up Golden Sun on the VC, too. I've still got at least five games I have yet to get due to lack of funds, tons of VC love coming my way, and I'm just getting started.

This is how I show the variety I want. Not by complaining about a man in an office making some mistakes.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

All I want is NoA and NoE to have more freedom. If they were able to publish games using developers in their respective countries we would get more games faster and Nintendo would have more global appeal.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.