Forums

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Posts 341 to 360 of 360

kkslider5552000

Void wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This thread is like a bizarre comedy skit where everyone is surprised by the obvious.

Hmmm, that ain't a half bad idea for a play; Ubisoft, Rayman, and the series of overdramatized events.

Tragicomedy indeed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sean_Aaron

Yep. The lead of the team standing with a protest banner does change things, no? I don't see how Ubisoft could quietly ignore that.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

ShadJV

This just got verrrry interesting.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

kkslider5552000

Good for Ancel for not wanting his projects to fail again because of when they're released.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kereke12

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It'll be funny when the game doesn't sell at all thanks to being released the same month as GTA V (this will happen btw, remember Blur? No? Exactly)

yea that funny i notice that when a big game comes out for some reason they delay a game

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

LzWinky

Advertising or not, it's still a big risk. Yes, you save money, but at what cost? They have the perfect window of opportunity to release it with little to no competition, and they still choose to delay it anyway.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

pntjr

But... but... they just can't... but... WHYYYYYY?!?!!?!?!?!

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Ryno

This may be be the greatest marketing campaign in video game history. Minimum advertising dollars spent but everybody who is remotely interested in video games now knows who Rayman is. Legends is going to smash the 2 million mark set by Origins.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Sean_Aaron

How horribly cynical if true, but it would demonstrate that Wii U owners are more committed to traditional games from third parties than Wii owners were. That could be marketing data worth a public flogging!

Bankai

Sean_Aaron wrote:

How horribly cynical if true, but it would demonstrate that Wii U owners are more committed to traditional games from third parties than Wii owners were. That could be marketing data worth a public flogging!

He's on to something actually. PR is well aware of the truism that all publicity is good publicity.

What better way to sell to PS3/ Xbox fanboys than piss off the Nintendo ones?

Sean_Aaron

The question is: at what point is it too late for Ubisoft to change their minds? I don't know how long it takes to press discs and all that, but given it was only a few weeks from publication when they dropped the bomb, if this is a last-minute decision wouldn't that mean that media was already printed and packaged? How long before a game ships is it actually in boxes and ready for delivery to the shops?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

luisesteban

I feel is too late for 28/2, but, maybe they can published it in march

luisesteban

Everly

luisesteban wrote:

As long has it has taken them to even reply (which they haven't yet) I don't think they would be capable of pulling off a release in March.

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

Spoony_Tech

Everly wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

As long has it has taken them to even reply (which they haven't yet) I don't think they would be capable of pulling off a release in March.

How about a direct to eshop for now and a full retail in September. It might be a compromise they are willing to do! Or capable of doing.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

Bankai wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

He's on to something actually. PR is well aware of the truism that all publicity is good publicity.

What better way to sell to PS3/ Xbox fanboys than piss off the Nintendo ones?

Yes, marketing 101, "no such thing as bad publicity". Plus they are still going to get sympathy sales from Nintendo fans from yesterday's "protest" and the 6 months of barely seeing the family forum post from the developer. An interesting marketing case study nevertheless.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

I hope there will be more levels like Castle Rock. That is by far my favorite level in the Demo.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

DefHalan wrote:

I hope there will be more levels like Castle Rock. That is by far my favorite level in the Demo.

Pretty sure they're the "chest levels" of Legends.
We already know of two of them...so yeah. That's my guess.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Drawdler

I'm not sayi that Ubi made the wrong descision delaying the game since I know pretty much nothing other than that the game wasn't delayed due to development, but I really, really feel for the devs. I can only imagine how disheartening it would be to be pushed like that.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.