Wii U Forum

Topic: Rayman Legends delayed

Showing 321 to 340 of 366

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

321. Posted:

3rd Party exclusives don't mean nothing anymore. A multiconsole release is always inevitable....Especially if you're Capcom.
Still waiting for Super Street Fighter Ultra Jungle Fury Quick Lightening: Wii U Edition and Resident Evil 6+5: The Umbrella family pack Wii U Edition

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

322. Posted:

Sadly Capcom probably will do that.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WesCash

323. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Lol, don't even joke.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

324. Posted:

I actually wouldn't mind RE5 & RE6 getting the Wii U 'pointer controls' treatment, as for SFIV i couldn't care less. I didn't find it as fun as SFIII or SFII HD Remix. Must of been IV's slower delayed-ish less kinetic flow. And i wouldn't mind seeing a Power Stone 3....Capcom needs to dig some of their older franchises out of the grave instead of relying heavily on Resident Evil and Street Fighter to make them a quick easy buck.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

325. Posted:

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WesCash

326. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

kids these days

Alright, who left grandpa unsupervised on the internet? :P

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

327. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

Ubisoft is lucky to have you here to preach the truth. You really ought to bill them for your services.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

328. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

Ubisoft is lucky to have you here to preach the truth. You really ought to bill them for your services.

Who said I haven't?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

329. Posted:

While everything you say is true, about needing patience and feeling self entitled, you do have to admit that Ubisoft handled the situation terribly. If they hd just announced this sometime in January instead of 3 weeks before the game's release date, I think some of this rage could have been avoided. Of course it didn;t help that they told us the Wii U version was completed, then announcing that we get an exclusive demo instead of the game.

They had already dug a grave, it just seemed like they were happy to bury themselves as well.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

330. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

I have to agree here. While it is stupid how they handled it, its not like they arent bringing it out. Honestly games get delayed all the time for various reasons, but the video game community thinks that release dates are set in stone. I mean Duke Nukem Forever was delayed how many times and how long and no one seemed to throw a fit about it back in 96. Its not like there wont be other games to play in the mean time. But who needs patience when you can throw a tantrum as Waltz said. Honestly with all of you complaining if I was Ubisoft I would just cancel the damn thing.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

331. Posted:

Were either of you even going to buy Rayman Legends. Why can't you accept that we are all just shattered (especially in Europe) that there are no prominent new games out untill March and Rayman - for many of us a beacon of hope was cruelly snatched away from us at the last minute?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

332. Posted:

Were either of you even going to buy Rayman Legends. Why can't you accept that we are all just shattered (especially in Europe) that there are no prominent new games out untill March and Rayman - for many of us a beacon of hope was cruelly snatched away from us at the last minute?

I was. I love Rayman Origins, and that surprised me since I don't even like platformers.

But I'm not going to die in the next six months unless something unlucky happens to me. So it's not like I'm missing out.

While everything you say is true, about needing patience and feeling self entitled, you do have to admit that Ubisoft handled the situation terribly. If they hd just announced this sometime in January instead of 3 weeks before the game's release date, I think some of this rage could have been avoided. Of course it didn;t help that they told us the Wii U version was completed, then announcing that we get an exclusive demo instead of the game.

They had already dug a grave, it just seemed like they were happy to bury themselves as well.

Yes, they handled it very poorly. I think two things happened here that Ubisoft should have predicted, and failed to:

1) The Wii U underperformed. I completely agree with the reasons that Ubisoft likely took the game multiplatform, however, Ubisoft should have assumed this would happen and not planned for the release of the game working on the assumption that they wouldn't have to take this multiplatform.

2) Ubisoft assumed that people on the internet weren't going to act like entitled morons. Very bad assumption to make.

I look forward to this game getting a Metacritic user review score of, like, 3/10 even as all the critics give it 10/10. Just because it proves my point with which side is the more obnoxious one.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

333. Posted:

@Bankai
You probably think I'm arguing just for the sake of argument now, but kids don't always get what they want by throwing a tantrum. If they did, we'd have Rayman Legends right now, with Ubisoft giving in and releasing it anyway. I don't really care when it gets released, or if it's multiplatform, because we're gonna get it 100%. That's all that matters IMO. People that truly want this game will get it no matter what.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

334. Posted:

@Bankai

With me, I have literally no games to play on the Wii U. I was expecting both Scribblenauts and Rayman Legends at launch, yet both have been delaed twice. I do have ZombiU, but I'm seriously considering selling it on. Not because I have a grudge against Ubisoft and I want to screw them out of a £50 sale, but because I want to put it onto a gift card and spend it on a game I would love - like Scribblenauts or Rayman Legends. Unless Scribblenauts is imminent, I guess my first game will be Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - a remake of a game I've already played extensively.

I never really wanted ZombiU in the first place... But what were my other options? Nintendoland, Tank Tank Tank, or New (cough) Super Mario Bros. U.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

335. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

WesCash wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Infamous 2 and now Rayman. It's not even a case of entitled gamers. It's a case of entitled children who didn't get the lollipop mummy bought in the supermarket RIGHT NOW.

If mummy was shoving the lollipop in their faces, promising to buy it for them and making it seem like the most delicious lollipop on the face of the earth, I'd say the children have a right to be upset when she puts it back on the shelf and tells them they can have it in 7 months.

The videogame community is often a whiny one, but I'd say the outrage and disappointment is completely warranted here. This is coming from someone with no personal interest in the game whatsoever.

Or perhaps the kid should learn some patience. It used to be a virtue, but seems kids these days don't need it. They throw a tantrum until they get what they want instead.

Good to know.

Or, perhaps you should realise that when a highly anticipated game is due to release in three weeks, and suddenly gets delayed by seven months, people are going to start speaking up - and the fact that they decide to do so, or no longer buy the game does not make them a whining child. Just because a few people start acting stupidly doesn't mean that everyone who speaks out is throwing a tantrum. Stop taking the examples of a few to represent the rest - It's an incredibly ignorant stance to take.

Bankai wrote:

This whole controversy makes most #firstworldproblems look like the war in Syria. I really can't think of a more perfect case of people getting upset over something completely unimportant.

If you want to put it in that context then anything to do with gaming is completely unimportant - it's only a hobby. Problem is that following that logic - you'd be a whining child if you've ever complained about anything in the gaming industry, which I'm fairly certain at some point - you have.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

336. Posted:

edhe wrote:

@Bankai

With me, I have literally no games to play on the Wii U. I was expecting both Scribblenauts and Rayman Legends at launch, yet both have been delaed twice. I do have ZombiU, but I'm seriously considering selling it on. Not because I have a grudge against Ubisoft and I want to screw them out of a £50 sale, but because I want to put it onto a gift card and spend it on a game I would love - like Scribblenauts or Rayman Legends. Unless Scribblenauts is imminent, I guess my first game will be Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - a remake of a game I've already played extensively.

I never really wanted ZombiU in the first place... But what were my other options? Nintendoland, Tank Tank Tank, or New (cough) Super Mario Bros. U.

Your Wii U will still be there when there are games to play for it.

This whole controversy makes most #firstworldproblems look like the war in Syria. I really can't think of a more perfect case of people getting upset over something completely unimportant.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

337. Posted:

The point I also want to make is, I feel I've been incredibly patient, all things considered.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

338. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

This whole controversy makes most #firstworldproblems look like the war in Syria. I really can't think of a more perfect case of people getting upset over something completely unimportant.

Welcome to the internet and the gamer crowd :D

Now, rather than be disgusted at the inevitable byproduct of technology and capitalism that especially affects the gaming community and internet-addicts (a.k.a. entitlement), just embrace it and work your way around it :3

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

339. Posted:

Jeez, you keep trotting that out. "Your Wii will still be there in 6 months".

I'm trying to be civil here, but the message I'm getting is that if I have any complaints about the situation, I'm an entitled baby (not your words) who should stop whining.

And of course you then envoke that old #firstworldproblems chestnut. That's effectively an attempt to shut down an argument if ever I saw one. While I can argue that you have a PS3 (and possibly a Vita) to tide you over during this drought, it would be slightly hypocritical of me because I have a PC I can game on as well. I won't be miserable until I pick up my first Wii U game.

It's just exasperating how my hopes have been dashed in the last few weeks.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

340. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

This whole controversy makes most #firstworldproblems look like the war in Syria. I really can't think of a more perfect case of people getting upset over something completely unimportant.

for heaven's sake, can we not with the politics, please? if the idea of people complaining offends you, surely you didn't think people would be ecstatic over a delay, did you? you had to have known what you were getting into when you clicked the link. if this is the argument to which you're resorting, please move on and leave these guys in peace, please and thank you. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon