Wii U Forum

Topic: Project Sora, Namco Bandai developing next Smash Bros

Showing 101 to 120 of 175

AuthorMessage

Emaan

101. Posted:

I said and was also the most competitive. Two different things. Melee's overpowered items are what made it so chaotic. That's just what I think, but oh well.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

102. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Just to clarify, I don't hate Brawl. It is a fun game. I just feel like the original and Melee were better suited to core gamers.

Explain.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

103. Posted:

I found Brawl to exceed Melee in all aspects. Melee is a broken mess, incomplete even (Sakurai even said this, folks). All this wavedashing and crap tech were not even supposed be in the game and made the game into something it shouldn't be. Keeping it real: Brawl is more balanced than Melee. Let me explain:

In Melee, two characters in particular were used in the competitive seen the most compared to others. Fox and Falco.

C. Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Peach and Luigi were other popular characters in the competitive scene.

Compared to Brawl, Melee's competetive scene is really limited and match.-ups were extremely flawed. You can jab-lock with Fox, wash, rinse and repeat and you win. You can't do that in Brawl. It's not to say Brawl doesn't have flaws- one is Falco's Laser shots at someone on the ground and unable to get up. Ice Climbers can do something similar too. Then again, it can be done with most of the characters in Brawl, even Ness. Also, Chaingrabs. But those are easy to get out of if you're familiar with directional influence.

And finally, the tripping in Brawl. I don't mind if characters trip each other with a d-tilt. But the random has to go.

Those are my only 3 gripes in regards to flawed gameplay mechanics in Brawl that pale in comparison to Melee's. Character-wise, MK is too fast and OP and doesn't properly represent the way he is in Kirby's games. Snake is a mess- hitbox is broken, he can grab someone who a bit far from his reach and his kneejab has a greater reach than ZSS' forward tilt. Outrageous.

So, that's it for my qualms. Melee is stil a great game but it's far more broken than Brawl.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

K964

104. Posted:

I hope they don't bring back the Mario Bros. Stage...

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

105. Posted:

@K964

Which Mario stage and why? Just curious. I'm assuming it's one of the levels modeled after Super Mario Bros. 1 because people don't seem to pick them very often.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

106. Posted:

He's talking about the stage called "Mario Bros."

Untitled

I personally like it. It's fun playing on that stage. One time, Shellcreepers were on both sides and my Charizard got pingponged back and forth like 6 times x_x;

Had me laughing my *** off.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

107. Posted:

I'm hoping for Pac-Man or Dig-Dug. I could see it happening.
And secretly hoping for Gundam

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chuie

108. Posted:

i want it to play like smash bros please dont make it like tekken or soulcalibur namco bandai

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

109. Posted:

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited about this. Anytime a series I like is put in the hands of new developers, it worries me. Sometimes that concern is justified, sometimes not. But, I don't want Namco-Bandai making fundamental changes to the Super Smash Bros. I know and love. If I find that they have, like Mercury Steam did with Castlevania, getting the Wii U & 3DS Super Smash Bros. will actually be put into question for me. It was a sure buy before. Don't know what would've been wrong with having Hal help out.

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

110. Posted:

Must it be stated again that Sakurai is still the boss? If he sees or feels that Namco's involvement with the games is getting awry, he'll let them know. And his Project Sora team is working on them as well.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

111. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@WaveBoy, aren't Little Mac and Starfy Nintendo characters?

Or was that not the point you were making :b

Probably wasn't, but I heard the Starfy copyright is shared between Nintendo and TOSE. Pretty sure Little Mac is all Nintendo, though.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Emaan

112. Posted:

Like @FluttershyGuy had said, I still don't see why HAL isn't working on this.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

113. Posted:

In terms of 3rd party, I'd be happy with Pacman and maybe Lloyd. But that's all I'd prefer for non Nintendo characters. And overall, I'm excited about Namco helping with working on this game, for it means we won't have to wait 3-4 years for it to come out. (Hopefully anyway).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

114. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Just to clarify, I don't hate Brawl. It is a fun game. I just feel like the original and Melee were better suited to core gamers.

Explain.

Brawl seems like it was made with casual gamers in mind, just like many of Nintendo's games on the Wii. Smash Bros. doesn't need that. Making the game all floaty and slowing the characters down. It slowed down the whole game. I don't mind the overpowered items and such, but I hate when luck means more than skill. This is an issue I have with Mario Kart games, too. There's always that balance between skill and luck. Brawl is one of the games where luck is a bigger factor.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

115. Posted:

Just hope they don't cram it with third-party characters. I'm not much of a Smash Bros player but any more than 3 and maybe the somewhat inevitable Sonic again would ruin it.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

116. Posted:

@DudeSean, I'm seriously wondering how many "casual" players you think bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

117. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@DudeSean, I'm seriously wondering how many "casual" players you think bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I never said anything about casual players actually buying the game. Just that the game was built around the idea of being accessible to casual players.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

118. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Emaan wrote:

@WaveBoy, aren't Little Mac and Starfy Nintendo characters?

Or was that not the point you were making :b

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Probably wasn't, but I heard the Starfy copyright is shared between Nintendo and TOSE. Pretty sure Little Mac is all Nintendo, though.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Just throwing down some random nintendo characters, with Pacman being the last representing Namco. What other great characters does Namco have in store? Aside from everybody from Tekken and Soul Calibur.

As for Brawl being better than Melee...Well, i still feel that Melee's core gameplay has the slight upper hand in a couple departments mainly because of the multidirectional air dodging 'and' because you can stay up in the air a lot longer than sinking to the ground. Plus, Melee just feels a bit quicker where as Brawl is a little more floatier. I know that wave dashing has been abused but if they can somehow work around this and deliver the same air dodging that was seen in Melee I'd be in heaven.I still remember the day when i got brawl....And discovered that my precious air dodging was basically gimped & destroyed! You sink to the ground like a tank after performing it....And you can't air dodge/hover over peoples heads while on the ground like a ninja, nor can you control it in the air. I was so pee'd off that i didn't even wan't to play it. My friends didn't seem to care, but i had the grumpiest look on my face the entire time haha....

But you do adjust....But it's still dissapointing seeing one of my favorite aspects being destroyed in this sequal. It ramped down the skill & fun quite a bit at least for me. With that out of the way, Brawl was more finely tuned and ballanced, i liked how you could repeat your attacks while in mid air instead of falling to your doom being completely helpless 'hoping' your opponent didn't do a smash attack and send you blasting to Dimension X :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

119. Posted:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm not too excited about this. Anytime a series I like is put in the hands of new developers, it worries me. Sometimes that concern is justified, sometimes not. But, I don't want Namco-Bandai making fundamental changes to the Super Smash Bros. I know and love. If I find that they have, like Mercury Steam did with Castlevania, getting the Wii U & 3DS Super Smash Bros. will actually be put into question for me. It was a sure buy before. Don't know what would've been wrong with having Hal help out.

Namco is not going to do anything to the series. They are simply helping out. Sakurai and Nintendo will still lead the project. When you have games as massive as the Smash Bros. games, and you need to make 2 seperate versions at the same time, you are going to need help from a studio as massive as Namco otherwise it will take a long time.

DudeSean wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Explain.

Brawl seems like it was made with casual gamers in mind, just like many of Nintendo's games on the Wii. Smash Bros. doesn't need that. Making the game all floaty and slowing the characters down. It slowed down the whole game. I don't mind the overpowered items and such, but I hate when luck means more than skill. This is an issue I have with Mario Kart games, too. There's always that balance between skill and luck. Brawl is one of the games where luck is a bigger factor.

Have you played Melee lately? That game can become a button master simply because the gameplay is too fast. As great as the game was, it was broken. And only noobs use items. No one who plays competitively uses items. Thats not a good excuse.

WaveBoy wrote:

As for Brawl being better than Melee...Well, i still feel that Melee's core gameplay has the slight upper hand in a couple departments mainly because of the multidirectional air dodging 'and' because you can stay up in the air a lot longer than sinking to the ground. Plus, Melee just feels a bit quicker where as Brawl is a little more floatier. I know that wave dashing has been abused but if they can somehow work around this and deliver the same air dodging that was seen in Melee I'd be in heaven.I still remember the day when i got brawl....And discovered that my precious air dodging was basically gimped & destroyed! You sink to the ground like a tank after performing it....And you can't air dodge/hover over peoples heads while on the ground like a ninja, nor can you control it in the air. I was so pee'd off that i didn't even wan't to play it. My friends didn't seem to care, but i had the grumpiest look on my face the entire time haha....

Seriously? You're like the only person I've seen that likes the air-dodging in Melee. The directional aspect of it was cool, but you could only perform it once and after that you would sink and couldn't do anything at all except float left-to-right as you fell until you hit the ground. In Brawl, you could dodge multiple times, and still use attacks in the air so you wouldn't be vulnerable as you fell.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

120. Posted:

I barely remember playing Melee (I've only played it a few times at a cousin's house), but I think that Brawl was an improvement from it overall. More characters, crazy stages, an awesome soundtrack, (though Melee from what I do remember wasn't too shabby in that department), and an amazing story mode with actual cutscenes. As for items, I love to use them, they add an extra level of craziness, but I do agree that they should not be used in real competitive play. But I will say that Melee has something that Brawl doesn't, Roy...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64