Wii U Forum

Topic: Project Sora, Namco Bandai developing next Smash Bros

Showing 161 to 175 of 175

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

161. Posted:

I really like the idea of different costumes, even having the different costumes having different effects on the player. Like Dr. Mario could be one of Mario's costumes and he would throw pills instead of fireballs with the pills and fireballs having a different effect on other players (different damage %, knockback, etc.). And Samus' different suits could be more resistant to different things (Varia suit would have reduced damage to fire, Gravity suit reduced knockback from water, etc.).

But I don't see how they could equally have different costumes for each character. Like what other costumes could Donkey Kong or Diddy have? They'd have to make some up.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Hokori

162. Posted:

Oh that reminds me links other costumes could protect against fire or have him breath in water type stages.
I also want a minish cap stage
And a ton of music

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

Mizore

163. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I really like the idea of different costumes, even having the different costumes having different effects on the player. Like Dr. Mario could be one of Mario's costumes and he would throw pills instead of fireballs with the pills and fireballs having a different effect on other players (different damage %, knockback, etc.). And Samus' different suits could be more resistant to different things (Varia suit would have reduced damage to fire, Gravity suit reduced knockback from water, etc.).

But I don't see how they could equally have different costumes for each character. Like what other costumes could Donkey Kong or Diddy have? They'd have to make some up.

Golden Kongs and "Cheat Kong" from Returns? :p lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Hokori

164. Posted:

Golden Mario and metal Mario, but also golden flower and metal box :P

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

165. Posted:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Oh that reminds me links other costumes could protect against fire or have him breath in water type stages.
I also want a minish cap stage
And a ton of music

I really hope the new stages are better than Brawl's. I did not like a lot of Brawl's stages. They need to really dig into each series' history and pick good stages. Not just throw in something like the Bridge of Eldin just because it was in the latest Zelda game. Besides, there were still plenty of other locales they could have used from Twilight Princess that would have been far better.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

166. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

As nice of an idea as that sounds, I think it would be just a bit too complicated. Smash Bros as a whole is already pretty chaotic. But a good thought all the same! :)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mizore

167. Posted:

Oh yeah, and give us a stage like this. xD
Untitled

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

168. Posted:

Smash Bros. is a complicated game that's simple to play. That's what makes Smash Bros. so great.

@Eureka That would be cool. And I think DKCR will at least help inspire a good level. Maybe they'll even have Retro make it like they did for Mario Kart 7. They could even make a Metroid level. I hope Retro is involved in this new Smash Bros. game.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

169. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Untitled

One word, YES! I also would like to see a Kid Icarus stage set in Viridi's Reset Bomb Forest, with spiky vines sometimes growing onto the stage as a coming/going hazard.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mizore

170. Posted:

Either that or Aurum Island...I dunno, I just love the music from those two stages. xD

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

171. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

Untitled

Yes, or something related to Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I can guarantee a Super Mario Galaxy stage, but since SSB4 is still a few years away, who knows what future Nintendo games they could draw inspiration from for their stages and music?

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Haxonberik

172. Posted:

I really hope thereĀ“s a lot of music like in Brawl, of course Nintendo must make those, not Namco-Bandai.

www.convectiongames.com

AuthorMessage

Mizore

173. Posted:

I'm not gonna worry, as long as Sakurai is involved everything should be fine, music quality/quantity and everything. :p

Edited on by Mizore

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

174. Posted:

Hope this game is similar to Melee! Can`t wait for more news.

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PokeTune14
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Monolith Soft 'X'
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Battlefield 4
Sonic Lost Worlds

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

175. Posted:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/a-piece-of-whiteboard-art-for-smas...
Not much, but the people working on this sure can draw on a whiteboard. Lol

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery